Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bisoprolol dosage

Posted by Joe Osga 
Bisoprolol dosage
September 18, 2010 01:40PM
I am trying bisoprolol, combined with my ususal flecainide for post abation high HR. I started with 2.5mg with no affect. Today I took 5mg with just a very short a relief session. But because I'm not familiar with this drug, before I increase the dose again I need to know how much of this drug, on a daily basis, is too much? Thanks.

Joe
Gill
Re: Bisoprolol dosage
September 18, 2010 09:56PM
Joe

As far as I remember, for the first 3 months after my ablation Prof. Haissaguerre prescribed flec plus 10mg Bisoprol. Made me feel a bit woozy the first time I took it. Later I reduced it to 5mg, then 2.5, then stopped.

Gill

September 18, 2010 10:21PM
Thanks Gill. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't heading in the direction of doing something that I would later regret.

Joe
Hans Larsen
September 19, 2010 04:20AM
Joe,

The "officially" recommended daily dosage of bisoprolol is 2.5 mg minimum and 10.0 mg maximum.

Hans
Gunnar
September 19, 2010 06:03PM
The maximal dosage is 20 mg over 24 hours. Note that this number does not refer to daily dosage.

By increasing the bisoprolol dosage you make the flecainide less efficient as the two drugs interact. Flecainide is "use dependent", which means that it will loose its effciency, when the heart rate goes down. The opposit is true with sotalol and other potassium blocking drugs.
[en.wikipedia.org]
Look under mechanism of action.

It is your prescribing physician that defines your maximal dosage of bisoprolol.
September 21, 2010 12:11AM
Thanks for the info. At this point I don't believe that Bisoprolol is for me due to the fact that I'm getting all the unpleasant side-affects, lots of wooziness, but none of the benefits of a reduced HR. I'll give this info to my EP and perhaps try Sotalol. I'm going in for an EKG today to see where I stand on things. But as the only place we can get an EKG here in this part of rural Canada is in the ER I hope they don't pull the old "let's keep you overnight for observation" like they have in the past. We'll see what happens, eh?

So far Diltiazem & Bisoprolol don't work. Hopefully, before I find something that works I won't need it as I'm assuming the high HR is part of the ablation healing process?

Thanks again for all your input! ................... Joe
September 21, 2010 12:14AM
By the way, what is considered to be the maximum dose of Diltiazem?

Thanks .......... Joe
September 21, 2010 12:42AM
One more thing .....(sheesh! my head is still groggy from the Bisoprolol 7.5mg) what is the max dosage for Sotalol, in the event I decide to try it? And if I do decide to try it what is the best way to supplement for more Magnesium?

Thanks a bunch! ................ Joe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login