Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Testosterone Injections- anyone use?

Posted by Poppino 
Testosterone Injections- anyone use?
January 08, 2023 09:09AM
Im 69. Testosterone level about 350 confirmed on blood work. Zero negative effects. Muscle vitality brain fog sex drive. Yet i have it. I would love to use even 1/2 dose every 2-4 weeks. My issue: in the past it seems to trigger (sometimes) a tachy response a day or two later. 2-15 mins of 105-110 bpm. So freaks me some. I love even .5 cc not a full 1.0 cc
Any thoughts? Anyone use ? And……why would even low dose trigger HR? Im a strange one: triggers alcohol sleeping left side indigestion etc. non triggers: coffee stress / anger exercise ….. all this being said ive been event free since Aug 2021 Natale ablation for atypical flutter (PW LAA then Watchman)
Re: Testosterone Injections- anyone use?
January 08, 2023 11:27AM
So what if you have a few minutes of 105-110 bpm? That's not going to do you any harm. Heck, I would hardly even notice that.
January 08, 2023 01:12PM
Ok good thought. Guess i freak over it sticking?
January 08, 2023 02:01PM
Just watch HCT. Thick blood is bad all around unless you're in the Tour de France.
January 08, 2023 05:34PM
Poppino
Ok good thought. Guess i freak over it sticking?

There's no reason it would stick. You still haven't mentally accepted that Natale cured you, have you? It took me over a year to really believe it too.
January 08, 2023 10:43PM
Nail on the head. Its hard to accept your( im) locked tight. I have been 17 months now. It is mental. I do not dwell in it but still fear it
January 09, 2023 10:13AM
You are near the normal low end for testostersone level at 350. The level can vary signigicantly depending upon the time of day measured: [www.myhormonology.com]

You might consider Testopel implants vs. gel or injections: [propelltherapy.com]

I have been receiving the pellet implants subcuteanously in my butt for 3 years, every 3 months, ever since my PSA went to virtually zero after my prostate cancer radiation 4 years ago and I am very happy with ther results. I'm 85 years old.

The procedure is about 10 minutes in the Urologist office with a local anasthetic.

Gordon
January 09, 2023 11:18AM
Its an interesting study. Ive not gone in blindly. Im aware of the thicker blood potential. Life Extension did an extensive look at this couple yrs ago. Basically that most things go south as T goes down. Muscle loss sex drive vitality heart disease prostate cancer etc. my psa is 0.7
I try and be smart but i just like how i feel with just some say every 3-4 weeks. I guess it’s possible that higher T then less adverse health outcomes? If high T caused prostate cancer then why dont 22 yr old men have it?
January 09, 2023 12:50PM
According to my Urologist, Testosterone does not cause prostate cancer but it does accelerate the growtn of an existing one.
January 09, 2023 02:36PM
Yes exactly G so before starting i had psa and digital rectal exam. It does seem that it in no way is a cause but fuels existing
As time goes by im sure it’ll become much more scientific in its use
January 12, 2023 10:42AM
D-aspartic acid.....boron....fenugreek..... Natural test. boosters with AMAZING results....always better natural.
January 12, 2023 05:28PM
Thankyou V. Id read about D Apartic Acid once. Im ultra sensitive to so much. I used creatine 3 yrs ago for 5 days. Bam! 18 hr afib at 122. It converted. I cant prove it but had been very free of episodes prior so??
January 12, 2023 06:26PM
Poppino
Thankyou V. Id read about D Apartic Acid once. Im ultra sensitive to so much. I used creatine 3 yrs ago for 5 days. Bam! 18 hr afib at 122. It converted. I cant prove it but had been very free of episodes prior so??

Well pop. fenugreek, boron, l-citrulline, folate + vit D.
I remember writing a very detailed protocol on this i believe on your thread about 2 years ago or so.
January 12, 2023 10:18PM
vanlith
Well pop. fenugreek, boron, l-citrulline, folate + vit D.
I remember writing a very detailed protocol on this i believe on your thread about 2 years ago or so.
https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,181613,181631#msg-181631
January 13, 2023 06:52PM
Yes wow thanks George. Id forgotten this thread. And you too V appreciate insight. Im 69 but still in pretty decent shape. Waist 31. 5’9 160. Still maintaining muscle
No back knee hip pain at all. Shoulders im careful with but no issues …..yet lol
Gonna try the aspartic acid & fenugreek. I did a .5 cc test shot 48 hrs ago. Im AB- so i donate blood a few times a yr as they want it and that may reduce iron
January 18, 2023 07:40AM
I have hypopituitarism so get testosterone injections every 9 weeks.
If your levels are within range you are same risk as others aren't you?
It does make me feel brilliant.

Our test has different scale or units as
We look for minimum of 12 and amax of 40.

High testosterone can result it high red cell count which increases risk of clots but means you can breathe easier in excercise I found..... when I could.

I worry about prostate, a mate just paid over £8000 to get his done private or it was a year wait...... catheterise himself to urinate..... all year!

Shudder.

Hope you get fixed up.
January 18, 2023 03:29PM
Poppino
Im 69. Testosterone level about 350 confirmed on blood work. Zero negative effects. Muscle vitality brain fog sex drive. Yet i have it. I would love to use even 1/2 dose every 2-4 weeks.

Hey Tom,

Saw this and thought of you. Basically about cold bath immersion followed by exercise and testosterone.

I have a 100 gallon stock tank, that this time of year the water (about 70% full) sits at 34 deg F (1 C). I do 3 minutes in it before I do strength training. Today I did strength first, then shoveled snow in shorts and a t-shirt at 24 deg F for 90 minutes, then 3 minutes in the water.

I've not pulled a serum T test since I started this routine, so no data for me. Also, per Dr Susanna Søberg, who’s PhD thesis was studying winter ocean swimming, regular cold exposure (at even much warmer temps) will encourage the formation of metabolically active brown adipose tissue ('brown fat" AKA BAT). This was the first of three interviews of hers I listened to.
January 18, 2023 07:59PM
George amazing ive been reading Wimhoff and ice baths. Uhhhhh haven’t been brave enough yet
Its interesting stuff. Im intrigued and challenged
January 18, 2023 09:36PM
Poppino
George amazing ive been reading Wimhoff and ice baths. Uhhhhh haven’t been brave enough yet
Its interesting stuff. Im intrigued and challenged

Tom, it is like lifting. You start with a weight you can handle & work up. So for cold, start with 10-15 seconds at the end of a shower. Then go longer. After you've been doing this for a while, you can try colder. Dr. Søberg, that I linked above, says the initial exposure is the big deal and you don't have to go for a long time (listen to the linked podcast above). It is why I limit to 3 minutes. She also says that water < 59 deg F (15 c) is cold enough. A year or two ago, I would end my shower with a 30 second to 1 minute cold session in the summer. The summer tap water temp is about 68 F (20 c). I wasn't sure it was enough to maintain my adaptation. We got an early Oct snow with temps around 9 F (-13 c). I went out and shoveled in shorts, no shoes or other clothing. I had to do it in shifts, as my feet would get cold, but clearly the relatively warm cold showers maintained the adaptation.
February 16, 2023 11:06AM
Wow George. Also good for making that metabolically helpful brown fat. You really should write a book.
Joe
February 21, 2023 04:42PM
While i haven't been closely following the Testosterone debate, i came across that and it might be of interest confused smiley
[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login