Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fish Oil & Afib

Posted by Que 
Que
Fish Oil & Afib
December 11, 2022 04:32PM
I've read that Fish Oil is associated with Afib.

WebMD Fish Oil & Afib
Re: Fish Oil & Afib
December 13, 2022 03:39PM
December 14, 2022 10:50PM
I probably shouldn’t be eating Scottish fatty fish daily. I use all the fat and dribble it on my same pan sauté veggies. It’s supposed to be good for sticky cholesterol platelets
Que
December 17, 2022 03:35PM
Here's another article on the topic:

Peter Attia's Article

So what is the takeaway for us afibbers?
March 09, 2023 12:06PM
pursuing old posts. it appears this is fish oil omega 3. I wonder if it applies for vegan sources of omega 3. One of my cardiologists (functional) is a vegan and has supplements and recommends foods for omega 3 supplementation. may be a lot less than the fish. IDK. walnuts, flaxseeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, edamame, seaweed, and algae.... are just a few. I'm not a vegan but plant based with "meat on the side" kind of gal. I also love sardines (with a little mayo and cucumbers). Delicious.. and full of them as well. Just an idea if folks want to stop the supplements. I could be sucking down supplements all day.... I like to eat though!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2023 03:05PM by bettylou4488.
May 14, 2023 05:04PM
Maybe the takeaway is to consider the presence/absence of CVD, and the dose:

"In RCTs examining cardiovascular outcomes, marine ɷ-3 supplementation was associated with an increased risk of AF. The risk appeared to be greater in trials testing >1 g/d."

Source: [pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] (Effect of Long-Term Marine ɷ-3 Fatty Acids Supplementation on the Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in Randomized Controlled Trials of Cardiovascular Outcomes, 2021)

(apologies for the edits, having some iPhone - Phorum drama)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2023 05:18PM by KathyM.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login