Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nuun Type?

Posted by Nancypo 
Nuun Type?
September 30, 2022 09:17AM
I was thinking about starting this product after seeing some good reports in various places. I noticed that they sell several different versions. I was wondering which type of product people here have used and have good luck with? I want to start something this weekend to get started.
Re: Nuun Type?
September 30, 2022 11:36AM
I didn't like Nunn. Ultima is good but does not have as many electrolytes as Pedialyte
September 30, 2022 11:47AM
We use plain Nuun Sport. We didn't know about Ultima and Pedialyte, but are going to try them now.
September 30, 2022 01:33PM
Nuun used to have quite a variety of flavours, but I think they have cut them down to three or four...not sure since only the 'sport' variety is available widely where I live. I find it quite palatable.
September 30, 2022 02:35PM
Thanks all!
September 30, 2022 03:07PM
Handy NUUN Comparison Table on trinewbies :

Nuun Product Comparison Chart

nuunlife.com NUUN Sport ingredients
Citric Acid, Dextrose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Natural Flavors, Malic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Carbonate, Stevia Leaf Extract, Avocado Oil, Beet Powder Color, Riboflavin (for color).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2022 03:10PM by Kwilk.
October 01, 2022 10:30AM
I started some this am with symptoms, seems to be helping
October 01, 2022 10:53AM
For people who drink electrolytes like none how often do you drink it? I did do the 16 oz this morning or do you drink it as needed?
October 01, 2022 03:33PM
I did try some this morning, I did not realize however the frequent urination that would kick in! Omg. Good thing I was at home and near a toilet! I think it helped a bit but it was too early to say
October 02, 2022 05:43PM
We mix one NUUN Sport tab per 32oz water bottle. I use it throughout the hike, maybe 1- to 1.5 tabs for say 10 miles with 2000ft elevation gain over 4 hours. My partner will have some early on, say 16oz = 1/2 tab, but then regular water thereafter. However, my partner usually drinks a quart of spaghetti sauce, classico Italian sausage, on the way to the trailhead, and that alone seems to work to keep the nightime-cramps away. On the other hand, for myself, i'm fine without anything. I guess we went from plain water to NUUN after watching too much UTMB / Western States / etc coverage. Outside of hiking, we don't use an electrolyte drink.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login