Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Natto food - latest very interesting research

Posted by Dean 
Natto food - latest very interesting research
January 24, 2022 01:25AM
I haven't posted for a while. For those of you like me and Colindo who regularly eat the Japanese fermented soyabean called natto this is some of the latest research into natto (the food NOT nattokinase!). Looks like Scientists are now taking natto seriously with the amount of new research.

Natto is high in Polyamines like Spermidine and Spermine so looks like they are trying to increase the Polyamine levels in natto by experimenting with various cultures. Maybe we can get our hands on this new natto type in the future?

Dean

[www.longevity.technology]

“New preliminary study demonstrates spermidine maintains autophagy in T cells and may improve vaccine protection in older adults.”

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Polyamine-Rich Diet Elevates Blood Spermine Levels and Inhibits Pro-Inflammatory Status: An Interventional Study

“Increased polyamine (spermidine and spermine) intake by natto elevated blood spermine levels and inhibited pro-inflammatory status.”

[www.jstage.jst.go.jp]

“Contribution of a Fermentation Process using Bacillus subtilis (natto) to High Polyamine Contents of Natto, a Traditional Japanese Fermented Soy Food”

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Spermidine: a physiological autophagy inducer acting as an anti-aging vitamin in humans?

“Age-associated conditions including cancer, neurodegeneration and cardiovascular diseases are directly connected to the intracellular accumulation of toxic debris, and its removal by autophagy constitutes a well-documented avenue for protection against age and disease “

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Natto extract, a Japanese fermented soybean food, directly inhibits viral infections including SARS-CoV-2 in vitro

“In this study, we showed that the natto extract inhibited infectious ability of BHV-1 and SARS-CoV-2, to the cells and degraded the glycoprotein D of BHV-1 and the RBD protein of SARS-CoV-2.
Purified protease(s) in the natto extract is worth to be further investigated as antiviral drug(s).“

(This is interesting as there were hardly any deaths in the natto eating areas of Japan in the first six months of the Covid pandemic and Scientists wanted to know why - Dean).
Re: Natto food - latest very interesting research
March 12, 2022 11:29AM
Thanks, Dean. This is interesting indeed!

Lance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2022 11:29AM by ln108.
April 10, 2022 05:42PM
Hi, I am new here. I am wondering about Natto supplements versus the real deal, I would love to hear about what people take and how much they take,

Thanks,
Pam
April 11, 2022 11:32AM
Hi Pam,

For a supplement, you'll be looking for nattokinase--the active fibrinolytic enzyme produced by the bacteria in natto food. There's a lot on this 'round the internet, but see:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6043915/

There's also a long history of valuable, in-depth discussions on nattokinase in this forum. You can use the search function above or try this search link.

So far as I know, the standard dosage is 2000 to 4000 FU twice a day on an empty stomach, one in the morning, one before going to bed.

As to brands, see this recent forum post:

https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,184573

Others may chime in with further info.

Hope this helps! Lance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2022 11:47AM by ln108.
April 15, 2022 12:43PM
Thanks Lance!
April 16, 2022 07:54PM
The best way to eat natto is to take it from freezer to fridge for a few days then drench it in 20-30ml of olive oil.

The EVOO will increase the K2 bio-availability resulting in an increase of carboxolation of matrix GLA proteins.

[pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

[www.sciencedirect.com]
April 20, 2022 03:47PM
PavanPharter
The best way to eat natto is to take it from freezer to fridge for a few days then drench it in 20-30ml of olive oil.

The EVOO will increase the K2 bio-availability resulting in an increase of carboxolation of matrix GLA proteins.

[pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

[www.sciencedirect.com]

I spread natto on a piece of toast then dribble two teaspoons of olive oil on top.
Only because it taste better.
Joe
April 29, 2022 08:56PM
Natto is part of my diet. This study is interesting, it did not have any measurable effect on aortic valve calcification: [www.youtube.com]
May 11, 2022 03:39PM
Joe
Natto is part of my diet. This study is interesting, it did not have any measurable effect on aortic valve calcification: [www.youtube.com]
Yes that's a disappointing result.
But then there is the Rotadam study which is much larger.

"The study shows that people who consumed most vitamin K2 through vitamin K2 rich foods (mainly fermented foods and meat from animals fed K3), had a 50% reduced risk of arterial calcification and also a 50% risk reduction for cardiovascular events during the study period."

[www.cardient.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login