Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which Vitamin D is the best?

Posted by susan.d 
Which Vitamin D is the best?
December 01, 2021 10:43PM
I’m now trying to stay away from cholecalciferol. I can’t find any on Amazon without cholecalciferol. I have been using Vit D3 with cholecalciferol for a while. In the hospital I was told they were holding my D because it contained cholecalciferol. I wonder if the calcium is the reason and possibly be arrhythmic for some otherwise I can’t explain why the EP on call refused the D with cholecalciferol.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2021 10:44PM by susan.d.
Re: Which Vitamin D is the best?
January 20, 2022 12:31PM
Cholecalciferol is vitamin D3. You wont be able to find it any other way. It is incredibly important vitamin and most people are deficient in it. I would talk to the doctor again to get clarification.

More info:
[en.wikipedia.org]
January 20, 2022 05:17PM
Hi Susan - Sorry to be so late in responding to this. I'm wondering if you have had the 25 OH D test to determine your vitamin D levels...and if so, what your number is. And if you have been taking vitamin D, have you also been taking the K2 MK7 to help avoid the arterial calcifications, etc?

Also wondering since you live in sunny California, are you taking advantage of natural sunshine as a source of vitamin D?

Jackie
January 20, 2022 07:09PM
Jackie;

There is another topic on this by P.C./Susan

P.C.s respond to Susan was this:

PC, MD [ PM ]
Re: Ca:Mg: Implications beyond AF

If on an anti platelet type blood thinner, no problem.
If on a vitamin K antagonist (VKA), as was Susan, K2 blocks the VKA and vice versa.
April 13, 2022 03:50AM
If you want to avoid cholecalciferol, then take D2 instead. Both D3 and D2 works the same. And did you search iherb? I could find only one in Amazon - Nivagen D2 drops.
I remember the name of the D2 that my paper writer recommended me once, Deva Vegan Vit D2.
There is also Pure Encapsulations Vitamin D3 (Vegan) Liquid that I have read about.
Whichever you choose, always cross check with a doctor.
August 02, 2022 08:55AM
D2 and D3 differ in two days: their sources and how much of it gets taken up by the liver and kidneys, in order, to calcifidiol and then to calcitriol. Calcitriol is the end-product that LDL in your blood serum takes across cell lipid membranes.

D2 is derived from plants, while D3 is derived from flesh. For a reason not yet revealed, the body uses D3 more efficiently, and this means that you must consume more D2 to get the same pass-through to the body's needy cells. Fortunately, as D2 is considerably cheaper to supply to the market, people can use more of it and overcome the deficit just mentioned.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login