Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Omega-6 Apocalypse 2

Posted by Todd 
Omega-6 Apocalypse 2
September 02, 2021 04:51AM
[www.youtube.com]
Are Seed Oil Excesses the Unifying Mechanism for Overweight and Virtually All Chronic Disease?
Re: Omega-6 Apocalypse 2
September 02, 2021 03:15PM
Todd:

I agree that a lot of oils are not good, but what about eating seeds like Pumpkin and Sunflower? I eat some of those everyday, I buy them raw without salt and then put a little olive oil on them and roast for a few min. I salt them with Celtic Sea Salt. I have been doing this for over a year and have not gained any weight, i stay the same. I also eat some Almond butter sometimes, it is raw almonds ground, nothing else added.

Liz
September 03, 2021 07:39AM
The stuff you are eating is fine. To much Omega 6 no matter what the source is not good.

What oils are highly processed?
These are the so-called “vegetable" oils many of us grew up on. Found at your typical grocery store, these clear, tasteless, highly refined and processed oils include corn, soybean, canola, safflower and sunflower oils.

Look into this a bit more.
[www.google.com]
RBD stands for Refined, Bleached & Deodorized. ... It means that the oil went through a refining process, which strips a lot of the natural color and flavor from the oil, along with (arguably) many of the natural nutrients.
Why is canola oil so bad for you?
Aside from vitamins E and K, canola oil is not a good source of nutrients. Canola oil may contain small amounts of trans fats, which is harmful to health.
September 08, 2021 08:18AM
Along with omega-3 fatty acids, omega-6 fatty acids play a crucial role in brain function, and normal growth and development. As a type of polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA), omega-6s help stimulate skin and hair growth, maintain bone health, regulate metabolism, and maintain the reproductive system. Too much of anything is bad. Moderation in oils seeds and nuts can be beneficial . There will always be pros and cons .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login