Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has anyone tried Lumbrokinase?

Posted by PoetKim 
Has anyone tried Lumbrokinase?
April 28, 2021 10:26PM
Apparently the fibrinolytic effect of Lumbrokinase is 30x more potent that Nattokinase. Which is why it is now being proposed as the fibrinolytic agent for Covid treatment by at least one doctor - Dr. Gustavo Aguirre Chang. Dr. Chang has been one of the leading doctors worldwide advocating early treatment of Covid to reduce hospitalizations and deaths.

Since a number of us use nattokinase, I wondered if anyone has experience with lumbrokinase? Of course excessive clot-busting could be very dangerous. So maybe we don't want something 30x more powerful than nattokinase.

"This enzyme [lumbrinokinase] favors the breakdown of clots and thrombi, and in the medical literature it is indicated that it is almost 300 times more potent than Serrapeptase and almost 30 times more potent than Nattokinase, which are the other oral fibrinolytic enzyme alternatives."

[www.researchgate.net]
Re: Has anyone tried Lumbrokinase?
April 29, 2021 12:24AM
I don't understand why anyone would take this. I don't understand the logic of taking huge risks on unknown supplements manufactured by unknown people under unknown conditions with unknown quality control to avoid the small risks of pharmaceuticals with proven safety and efficacy. I just don't understand the backwards risk assessment.
April 29, 2021 09:09AM
Prior to age 65 which increased my CHAD score, I was getting afib once a year and it was short lived between 45 minutes to 2 hours tops. My GP sells his own supplements with his label which he claims are pharmaceutical grade chosen. I paid $90/bottle for ground up earthworms. I tried it for a few months. One day I was at a produce stand and a medium rogue potato rolled down from the pyramid formation and tapped my hand. I had an ugly black and blue. So I guess it worked. I later began to get afib more often so I switched to Eliquis which I agree with Carey is safer for stroke prevention.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2021 09:12AM by susan.d.
April 29, 2021 12:45PM
Sounds like there are no takers of Lumbrokinase here. And Susan, I'll remember to steer clear of the ground up earthworms for $90! lol!
April 29, 2021 01:30PM
Carey i would like to know how many of our drugs are made in this country? A lot are made in China which i don't like, we should make them here. Xarelto is made by Bayer which is a German Company, there isn't any antibody for Xarelto.
April 29, 2021 01:38PM
I don't know much about Lumbrokinase but I know the nattokinase I get works for me. As far as blood thinning goes at least.
For example I recently needed to have a small operation on my foot. So I stopped all Natto and nattokinase for at lest 24 hours. When the doctor came to stitch me up he said 'Oh we have a bleeder' but was able to keep more pressure on it for a little longer and was then all ok.

From Carry.
. I don't understand the logic of taking huge risks on unknown supplements manufactured by unknown people under unknown conditions with unknown quality control to avoid the small risks of pharmaceuticals with proven safety and efficacy. I just don't understand the backwards risk assessment.

The company I get my nattokinase have very good quality control and 3rd party testing. I have asked many question via email from the CEO and have always had a reply. I have every faith in their product.
All the pharmaceuticals I have ever taken have had side effects. I could go on about statins for example but that would open a can of worms.

BTW Kim, I am back to fresh Natto, for over a month now and have found no difference between that and frozen.
April 29, 2021 08:30PM
colindo
The company I get my nattokinase have very good quality control and 3rd party testing. I have asked many question via email from the CEO and have always had a reply. I have every faith in their product.

I'm not saying you can't buy safe supplements. You can, but the reality is most people don't because you have to be very selective and pay significantly more to do so.

But that's beside the point. My point was simply that I don't understand why people will seek out substances not proven safe and effective over substances proven safe and effective. Sure, I get it when the drugs aren't working for you or you can't afford them, but that's often not the case. There's this weird idea that regulated drug companies in known places = bad and unregulated drug companies in unknown places = good. It makes no sense.
April 29, 2021 10:42PM
colindo
BTW Kim, I am back to fresh Natto, for over a month now and have found no difference between that and frozen.

Interesting! Thanks for letting me know. When you say no difference, do you mean in bleeding/clotting that you can observe?
April 29, 2021 10:47PM
Carey
My point was simply that I don't understand why people will seek out substances not proven safe and effective over substances proven safe and effective. Sure, I get it when the drugs aren't working for you or you can't afford them, but that's often not the case. There's this weird idea that regulated drug companies in known places = bad and unregulated drug companies in unknown places = good. It makes no sense.

Any supplements I buy I try to ensure they are not from China, non-GMO, certainly no dyes, flavors, additives, binders, fillers, sugars, preservatives. I try to get organic if possible, if the product is plant-sourced. It would be 100% impossible to meet those criteria with any pharmaceutical product.I consider pharmaceutical products to be quite contaminated with things I really don't want in my body. Although of course with some things like my leukemia pills I don't have a choice. There is no version of venetoclax in a health food store.
April 30, 2021 12:30AM
That sounds great, but do you have anything to base your choices on? China isn't the only source of bad drugs and supplements in the world, GMO doesn't matter for most people, and organic is largely irrelevant in something so small as a few pills per day. How about more important things like what's actually in that pill, what does it actually do, and what side effects and interactions might you expect?

Once again, my point was simply that I don't understand why people will seek out substances not proven safe and effective over substances proven safe and effective. I wish someone could answer that simple question for me.
April 30, 2021 02:25AM
Carey
Once again, my point was simply that I don't understand why people will seek out substances not proven safe and effective over substances proven safe and effective. I wish someone could answer that simple question for me.
It could be that some so called "substances proven safe and effective" are not.
April 30, 2021 12:01PM
The drugs in this discussion are known to be safe and effective. Lumbrokinase is not. Taking it would therefore be utterly irrational.
April 30, 2021 05:45PM
Just FYI.. Many years ago, when I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease, I was also reading and participating on the FACT forum/website hosted by GARRY F. GORDON, MD, DO, MD(H), so when he would talk about boluoke/Lumbrokinase for Lyme, I was following that info closely.

My FM MD suggested I try the recommended dosing which apparently was both safe and effective for me. I used the Canada RNA Boulouke/ Lumbrokinase. I also used the Allergy Researc Lumbrokinase product.

Board-Certified Cardiologist Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD… notes: (If your patient has thick blood, then Boluoke and Wobenzyme is a MUST....thick blood is common with Lymies....and can cause all kinds of heart problems (Lyme Carditis)...
[lymebook.com]

Later on, I settled on Dr. Ralph Holsworth's recommendation to use Nattokinase and that was what helped me survive when I had a clot in my heart from cardioversion after my first ablation.

[www.townsendletter.com]

[www.allergyresearchgroup.com]

Dr. Kwok currently holds positions as a board member at National Traditional Chinese Medicine Association of Canada, as the Editor-in-Chief at Dragon’s Medical Bulletin (an e-newsletter for health care professionals), as the Vice-President at Canada RNA Biochemical Inc., and as an advisor for Vita Aid Professional Products.
Dr. Kwok can be contacted by email at drmartinkwok@yahoo.ca or via his website at www.DrMartinKwok.com.

Some related post links here:
[www.afibbers.org]

Jackie
April 30, 2021 09:20PM
I took Boston health labs. My platelets are thick. I too tried Allergy Researc Lumbrokinase (earthworms) product. I can’t now because I’m on Eliquis for stroke prevention but after taking the earthworms I had the test repeated with better results. I wouldn’t use it for stroke prevention but it fixed my thick clumpy platelets.
May 02, 2021 06:03PM
I just go to my back yard and get my earthworms fresh. They are yummy, though I have to fight the robins for them.
May 02, 2021 06:30PM
I did not realize, until reading everyone's comments more closely and looking things up, that Lumbrokinase comes from earthworms... Interesting! They are very all-purpose creatures.
May 06, 2021 03:27PM
The worms has no taste in capsules form but I’d rather take Eliquis than rely my future quality of life if I get a stroke on grounded up earthworms.
May 09, 2021 07:11PM
Hamburger meat comes from cows, pork chops come from pigs, chicken nuggets come from chickens. So why is so strange to use another critter for human consumption / use? I never heard of Lumbrokinase until it was posted here.
Here is some yummy earthworm recipes.smileys with beer
[www.google.com]

earthworm nutrition facts.
On a dry matter basis, earthworms contain 60-70% protein, 6-11% fat, 5-21% carbohydrates, and 2-3% minerals and a range of vitamins, including niacin. Earthworms are higher in the essential amino acids, such as lysine and methionine, than either meat or fish meal.Oct 2, 2013
[www.google.com]

There is an invasive worm nobody likes. Its a hammerhead worm (Bipalium sp.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2021 07:25PM by Todd.
May 10, 2021 11:07AM
Worm recipes? Really?
April 16, 2022 07:46PM
colindo
I could go on about statins for example but that would open a can of worms.

Not one person caught the "can of worms" reference when discussing lumbrokinase?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login