Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Covid positive

Posted by Dinodog 
Covid positive
March 07, 2021 05:22PM
Hello everyone
I’ve been AFIB free for 2.5 years post ablation and not on blood thinner- but I keep a stash in case of emergency. Otherwise healthy and fairly young 47. Tested positive today it ripped through my large family in less than a week. We all thankfully have very mild symptoms. I already take loads of supplements including zinc and d. Anyone have a thought on taking the Eliquis as a Preventative in this situation? If I start getting really sick I will, but if I remain as is I’m inclined to just go with my supplements and fish oil. Lots of smart people here who I highly respect and I appreciate any opinions. Ironically was scheduled for J&J tomorrow.... Stay healthy!
Tracy
Re: Covid positive
March 07, 2021 06:05PM
I would take a zinc ionophore with the zinc, to transport the zinc ions into your cells where they actually may have anti-viral effect (purportedly do). My understanding is that taking zinc without a zinc ionophore does not have much effect because zinc remains in blood until eliminated. Examples of zinc ionophores are: quercetin, hydroxychloroquine, EGCG. I plan to use the quercetin with zinc if I become symptomatic . (Will also be using ivermectin.) Good luck! Hope it stays mild for you.
March 07, 2021 07:28PM
Watch this interview with Dr. Roger Seheult [www.foundmyfitness.com] He goes into great detail about the 2 phases of COVID and what to do when. Seheult is in the trenches and as well started MedCram videos and has many on COVID. Rhonda Patrick PhD interviews him in this podcast. He knows his stuff I learned a great deal.
March 08, 2021 08:28AM
Looks like the Hydrotherapy would not be advised for AFers 137:40 .
Avoiding sugar, easier said than done with family members.
About 7:00 into the video, the fructose covers the Covid so your immune does not recognize it. [www.youtube.com]

I posted this a while back. Starting this treatment sooner the better.
Dr Richard Bartlett talks about curing patients of COVID-19.
He's using an inhaled steroid using a nebulizer which reduces inflammation, udethinine. It's cheap, only $200 for the whole treatment without insurance. Its a 5 min treatment. [lbry.tv]
March 08, 2021 12:36PM
Todd

Ive been taking cryo shock therapy and whole body Cryo Therapy since Dec, no issues and only
positive results. Started at -125 and now average -185 for 3 minutes and I feel great.
I m not sure how increasing blood circulation and cell function, decreasing Cortisol levels while releasing endorphins plus strengthening
your immune system, would trigger an episode.
March 10, 2021 07:09PM
Todd
Avoiding sugar, easier said than done with family members.
About 7:00 into the video, the fructose covers the Covid so your immune does not recognize it. [www.youtube.com]

I posted this a while back. Starting this treatment sooner the better.
Dr Richard Bartlett talks about curing patients of COVID-19.
He's using an inhaled steroid using a nebulizer which reduces inflammation, udethinine. It's cheap, only $200 for the whole treatment without insurance. Its a 5 min treatment. [lbry.tv]

Regarding hydrotherapy, I think it depends on you and your afib, doc is being careful. As we all know, people have different triggers. I do 30 minutes in a heat lamp sauna daily after exercise and sweat like crazy. I have commonly followed it with 20 minutes in a bath with 46 deg F (8 C) water. I always take cold water in a portion of my shower. I'm 65 and I've shoveled snow this year at temperatures of -4 deg F (-20 C) wearing only shorts & bare feet. I'm not suggesting others do likewise.
March 10, 2021 08:47PM
George:

I have shoveled snow this year, i was dressed for it, I was ok except for my hands they got pretty cold. I cannot fathom going out there barefoot, it is a wonder you didn't get frostbite. It also depends how long you were out like that, i mean if you are out long enough you are bound to get frostbite, you are a human, aren't you?

:
March 10, 2021 10:07PM
Elizabeth
I have shoveled snow this year, i was dressed for it, I was ok except for my hands they got pretty cold. I cannot fathom going out there barefoot, it is a wonder you didn't get frostbite. It also depends how long you were out like that, i mean if you are out long enough you are bound to get frostbite, you are a human, aren't you?

Liz, if it is really cold like that, I break it up. My feet will start to feel it and I will go in after say 20 minutes and let my feet warm up (just naturally, like walking around the house). Then go out again. I'll rinse & repeat till its done. If it is warmer, like in the teens or twenties (F), I'll go longer. I go by feel for the time. We have a lot of concrete to shovel, so it can take a while. I'm also pretty adapted. I almost never wear long pants to go out, say to the store. Other folks are bundled and I'm wearing a t-shirt, shorts and sandals. I was pretty warm as a youth, then as I aged, I got colder. I decided I could do something about it by exposing myself to cold whenever the opportunity presented itself. I've now done this for a number of years and it does work. Right now I'm traveling and staying in a tiny home on a ranch. There are barn cats walking casually through the snow - they are well adapted. The elevation is around 7,200' and the night temperatures drop into the teens, commonly.. The cats are fine. My unadapted house cats would not fare so well. In fact one loves to snooze in front of the fireplace and join us in the sauna (though it is only around 100 deg F on the floor of the sauna for her and the heat lamps don't shine directly on her). She will come and pound on the door demanding to be let in.

An interesting aside. I don't shiver outside. Sometimes, I will go in and take a shower after my feet have warmed up. Then I can shiver. It is because the body will shunt the blood to the core and the blood in the limbs can get pretty cold. When I get in the shower, the cold blood will hit the core & the shivering starts. I never go right into the hot shower right after I've been outside (& I'm not hypothermic, just cold feet and hands). It is possibly dangerous and can create a condition known a "rewarming shock" (potentially fatal). If rewarming is done gradually, it never happens. In a wilderness survival class, the suggested procedure is to put another person in a sleeping bag with the hypothermic victim, both sans clothes as this is a slow enough rewarm to not create the shock.
March 10, 2021 10:40PM
You are a tough guy, they used to have movies of People in bathing suits diving into very cold water in the winter, they cut out the ice so that people could dive into the ice water. i dont know how long they stayed in the water, don't know if they still do that.
March 11, 2021 12:48AM
GeorgeN

Regarding hydrotherapy, I think it depends on you and your afib, doc is being careful. As we all know, people have different triggers. I do 30 minutes in a heat lamp sauna daily after exercise and sweat like crazy. I have commonly followed it with 20 minutes in a bath with 46 deg F (8 C) water. I always take cold water in a portion of my shower. I'm 65 and I've shoveled snow this year at temperatures of -4 deg F (-20 C) wearing only shorts & bare feet. I'm not suggesting others do likewise.

I actually converted from AF a few times from taking a bitter cold foot shower with the hand held only on my feet. Our water heater is outside so the water is pretty cold. A few time I didn’t get hot water and the very quick freezing shower is real refreshing.
March 11, 2021 07:30AM
GeorgeN

90% of my episodes occur in warmer weather. Perhaps from dehydration/mineral loss. There is a long warning list on the cold chamber I enter, and heart arrhythmia is right up there. I cant prove this with any surety because the therapy has been 2-3 times weekly with no break, but my Ectopic beats are nearly non existent now. With Vit D and other supplements, they were kept at bay with some heart pauses, but now, 99% gone. Taking a 10 day break from Chamber now. We have had quite a nice winter since Jan keeping 30 plus inches of snow until this week. No thanks, Ill move it with the Kioti and warm boots on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login