Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nitric Oxide as prevention or treatment of COVID..?

Posted by Todd 
Nitric Oxide as prevention or treatment of COVID..?
February 06, 2021 06:40PM
[www.youtube.com]
Join Dr. Van Dyken as she explores the use of nitric oxide as a potential preventative agent and/or treatment for COVID-19.
Nitric Oxide: [youtu.be]​
Nasal Breathing, Humming and Nitric Oxide: [youtu.be]
9:04 in the video she brings up Pre-Atrial Contractions ( irregular / extra heart beats ) how humming helped it.
Looks like she has more video's .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2021 07:04PM by Todd.
Joe
Re: Nitric Oxide as prevention or treatment of COVID..?
February 06, 2021 08:01PM
February 16, 2021 09:58PM
Didn't yet watch videos, but, from memory, nasal breathing has 15x the nitric oxide of mouth breathing and humming 15x that of nasal breathing. So always breathe through your nose when you are around folks, and if you are close to them, hum.
February 17, 2021 05:59AM
GeorgeN
Didn't yet watch videos, but, from memory, nasal breathing has 15x the nitric oxide of mouth breathing and humming 15x that of nasal breathing. So always breathe through your nose when you are around folks, and if you are close to them, hum.
"Enough to clear the nasals but not make you dizzy", or the High? Gosh, as an avid mouth breather, I would love to give that a try.
February 17, 2021 09:21AM
hwkmn05
"Enough to clear the nasals but not make you dizzy", or the High? Gosh, as an avid mouth breather, I would love to give that a try.

Nasal breathing is normal and doesn't make you high or dizzy. I've only done humming for short periods. I think it is a known technique in pranayama and other eastern breathing techniques.

Nasal breathing is a big deal, in my opinion. Patrick Mckeown is a great breathing instructor in Ireland. This podcast interview with UK doc Rangan Chatterjee interviewing Patrick is a good survey on the topic. Patrick's website: [oxygenadvantage.com]

Another great website is by a T! diabetic who noticed his glucose control got much better with breathing exercises [www.thebreathingdiabetic.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2021 09:22AM by GeorgeN.
February 18, 2021 06:00AM
GeorgeN

Nasal breathing is normal and doesn't make you high or dizzy. I've only done humming for short periods. I think it is a known technique in pranayama and other eastern breathing techniques.

Nasal breathing is a big deal, in my opinion. Patrick Mckeown is a great breathing instructor in Ireland. This podcast interview with UK doc Rangan Chatterjee interviewing Patrick is a good survey on the topic. Patrick's website: [oxygenadvantage.com]

Another great website is by a T! diabetic who noticed his glucose control got much better with breathing exercises [www.thebreathingdiabetic.com]
Humming to the point of just before getting dizzy, were her words in the video. Regardless, of course nasal breathing is a big deal and
highly encouraged by my last sleep doctor, "For optimum cpap therapy, you are going to need to train yourself to use a nasal mask."
March 12, 2021 06:43PM
I used to take L-arginine (turns into nitric oxide) for angina. It was recommended by the women’s cardiac center at Cedars-Sinai. Then they did a 180 and said it has an increased potential to cause deaths and insisted I stop.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
Wrote an article to confirm Cedars-Sinai opinion.

About l-arginine

[www.webmd.com]

People here are coming up with numerous covid cures. I am posting as a warning to do your homework and ask your cardiologist over YouTube to confirm it’s safe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2021 06:48PM by susan.d.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login