Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Covid Vaccine

Posted by rocketritch 
Covid Vaccine
December 08, 2020 01:19PM
I'm not a big proponent of the flu vaccine. And I have even bigger concerns about the warp speed Covid-19 vaccine. One of the biggest is an article I read yesterday addressing the issue of employers forcing employees choosing to take the vaccine or being terminated.

Having worked in the medical device industry for many years. And seeing the scrutiny involved in getting FDA approval for devices that had been used in research for years. My concern for the safety of such a vaccine rushed to market is high.

What also concerns me is the lack of raised eyebrows from the medical community. Nor have I seen any investigative reports or questioning from the media. Though at this point I've come to the personal conclusion that the media these days is more agenda driven than actually seeking the truth.

Same goes for my thoughts on the medical community on this topic. With today's cancel culture spirited debate on certain issues is now taboo. Who I their right mind put their career on the line to even suggest any possible concerns.

I have seen a few well known doctors test the Covid waters and get shut down rather quickly by their piers. So it's not surprising that they are avoiding the vaccine, and any apprehension they have towards it, like the plague.

Thoughts?
Joe
Re: Covid Vaccine
December 08, 2020 08:00PM
Agree entirely. While the theory of the mRNA vaccines sounds good and the 35,000 or so in the trail had good outcomes by all reports, it has not been peer reviewed AFAIK?
The trail stages were compressed and long term outcomes will only be known after at least 2 years of stage 4.
It's a personal decision of risk vs. benefit.
I think i go with that for the time being: [www.youtube.com]
December 09, 2020 09:11AM
My post above on physicians and Covid vaccine should have been placed here.

Here is is again:

"Yesterday during examinatoins I had an opportunity to make personal limited random non peer reviewed but woth sharing survey as one of the respondents was my Cardiologist, a senior, and the other was my wife's Pulmonologist, in his 30's.

Both said they would fight each other to be first in line to get the vaccine."
December 09, 2020 04:19PM
GGheld

Well maybe they were putting on a show for you,
December 09, 2020 04:26PM
ggheld
"Yesterday during examinatoins I had an opportunity to make personal limited random non peer reviewed but woth sharing survey as one of the respondents was my Cardiologist, a senior, and the other was my wife's Pulmonologist, in his 30's.

Both said they would fight each other to be first in line to get the vaccine."

This right hear makes me even more suspect.

During my long relationship with afib I have dealt with many doctors who rushed judgement on my situation only to make matters worse.

Doctors tend to know their patients very well. Or at least they should. With that kind of over the top enthusiasm. Maybe they wanted to make you feel more comfortable about getting it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2020 04:36PM by rocketritch.
December 10, 2020 09:06AM
Rocketritch: Could be that's part of their patient treatment plan as you infer above but, if so, its premature as who knows when I'll get the opportunity to have the vaccine myself, probably months from now.

More likely to me is that both of them have regular daily contact with many patients, in hospital and in clinic so they feel they are more expossed than most and therefore want as much protection as they can get.

Last data point on my personal servey was yesterday afternoon with my wife's Oncologist, (breast cancer 7 years ago.) The Oncologist is mid-40's with 3 pre-teen children and will be working the upcoming holidays in a local local hospital. She said she'll be as close to the front of the line for the vaccine as she can get.

I'm convinced all 3 of them were answering for themselves. I don't think they consider that to be, "revealing", as in physicians aren't supposed to discuss personal issues. They were simply answering a direct question very directly.

No recommendations were made for my wife or me. Of all people, clincial physicians certainly know the volatility of the immunization issue.
December 10, 2020 09:56PM
Horrible side effects in Pfizer trial!!!

Eo0bNebUYAEI36E by Mark Dandoy, on Flickr

Except one thing.... this was in the control group that only got saline. >grinning smiley<
December 11, 2020 05:56AM
Except one thing.... this was in the control group that only got saline. >grinning smiley<
Conspiracy alert:
Except one other thing, those placebos are constructed to cause sickness, not a benign saline solution as you believe.
December 11, 2020 08:05AM
I wonder if anybody is thinking about side effects to newborns when child bearing age women get the vaccines?
December 11, 2020 02:00PM
Todd
I wonder if anybody is thinking about side effects to newborns when child bearing age women get the vaccines?

Right! Or those elderly with health issues. Warp speed rush it through so I wonder how many testing the vaccine were not young in perfect health? I speculate they had guidelines on selection to get a quick approval. I’m looking forward to reading more about those in the UK who I believe already the vaccine is being released and how they fare.
December 11, 2020 03:08PM
There were a few local politicians here that got the initial study jab. they claimed they don't know whether they got the placebo or the real thing. They're really pushing it though.
January 26, 2021 11:19AM
hwkmn05
Conspiracy alert:
Except one other thing, those placebos are constructed to cause sickness, not a benign saline solution as you believe.

Conspiracy alert is right. Produce a reliable citation to support that claim or I'm calling BS.
January 30, 2021 02:52PM
I waiting for your citation of that saline as the placebo first, or Im calling yours BS also.
January 30, 2021 04:15PM
hwkmn05
I waiting for your citation of that saline as the placebo first, or Im calling yours BS also.

I haven't made any claims about the composition of placebos. You have, and it sounded like conspiracy theorist nonsense, so it should be easy for you to prove me wrong.
February 22, 2021 06:52PM
Carey

Conspiracy alert:

Conspiracy alert is right. Produce a reliable citation to support that claim or I'm calling BS.

Citation for claim that the Covid vaccine placebos are not always just saline and are sometimes designed to make you feel crappy:

[theconversation.com]

"In some COVID-19 vaccine trials, participants in the control group (the group receiving a placebo) are injected with a saline solution. In other trials, they receive an actual treatment. For example, in the COVID-19 vaccine developed by the University of Oxford, the control group receives a meningitis and septicaemia vaccine as a placebo. The benefit of using an actual vaccine as the placebo control is that it will cause a similar reaction at the site of the injection as the COVID-19 vaccine, such as muscle pain and soreness. This prevents patients from knowing whether they are getting the placebo or the real treatment. The scientific term for hiding knowledge of who got what treatment is 'blinding'."

So yes... placebos are designed to yield vaccine-like side effects in some of the trials for some Covid vaccines and other vaccines.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login