Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Masks

Posted by Elizabeth 
Masks
October 15, 2020 10:18PM
The CDC says that wearing masks are to protect others not the wearer. They also said that 70% that wear masks have contracted the virus, I wear one when i go to the store but not around my neighbors and friends.
Re: Masks
October 16, 2020 01:09AM
What kind of masks? N95 or a cotton mask? Most masks are useless if one doesn’t cover their noses or if the material doesn’t efficiently blocks out the virus.

In April I bought 8 yards of the below link of n95 filter fabric and have been sewing masks. My grandkids love theirs, the ear straps are color coated for each kid and adults find them comfortable. The disposable n95 filters fits into the inner pockets of the cotton seersucker masks which are washable. A $29 investment of a sheet makes about 70+ adult and 100 kids liners. I bought the larger package before they raised their prices. I own a Lumin medical grade UV light drawer which I sterile the filters for longer life since they are not exposed to skin.

UV machine: Independent lab tested it kills covid19. I throw my keys, cell phone eyeglasses masks etc to sterilize.
[www.google.com]
CVS sell it and if you use their 30% off coupon the price is reasonable.

[postimg.cc]
My finished masks

Read the lab results of 99.1% vs a cotton mask that is only 10.4% effective.

Material specs
[filti.com]

Independent lab results
[filti.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2020 01:11AM by susan.d.
October 16, 2020 02:09PM
I guess you can also get the virus through your eyes. The best thing to do is to have a strong immune system. You say that you use UV light, why not go sit in the sun. I only quoted what the CDC said.
October 16, 2020 04:11PM
I wear a face shield to protect my eyes over the n95 and still cover my hair (because it barely grew back after chemo) and practice 10 feet-15 feet distancing when my gardeners show up or I when need to go to the hospital. Otherwise no need to gear up since I’ve been home since March 16. I believe CA has the worst covid19 cases.

The UV light machine is for objects. Not me. It kills in 5 minutes, I believe it’s longer to keep outside. Plus I can sterilize at night.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2020 07:29PM by susan.d.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login