Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dr. Jack Wolfson FLU / COVID Webinar

Posted by Todd 
Dr. Jack Wolfson FLU / COVID Webinar
September 13, 2020 06:05AM
The main reason for these webinars are to sell stuff, like his AF webinar. I'll be there for anything new to look into.

This coming Sunday night at 7pm EST, I’ll be sharing the science and best practice tips to stay healthy right now. I’ll show you how to fine tune your immune system to fight against flu and viruses. It’s free but you must register to attend.

I’ll spend about an hour and I’ll answer questions. I know there’s lots of media hype and misinformation surrounding COVID and this flu season. I’ll cut through the noise and give you the information you need to know.

Join me this Sunday at 7pm. Click here to reserve your spot. [thedrswolfson.clickfunnels.com]
Re: Dr. Jack Wolfson FLU / COVID Webinar
September 14, 2020 08:27AM
Jacks advice for not getting the flu this season. Stay away from medical doctors and drug stores. Good advice.
September 14, 2020 02:59PM
Hwkman - One reason to see a physician would be for the Vitamin D test as a step toward prevention and insuring a healthy, functioning immune system - ie, Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy…so the patient is aware of their number and, if needed, can work at optimizing to reach the suggested (optimal) ranges …rather than the low numbers often considered “adequate.”

This is important for not only immune system function but also for inflammatory pathways. You may recall some of my posts on my experience with a very low Vit. D. level (18)… and to get it up to even 60 took quite a bit of time.
However, the good news is that once I achieved and maintained that, my immune system response kept me free from colds and flu. That’s been over 20 years ago.

Reminder: Important to balance the vitamin D intake with Vitamin K2 MK7 (menaquinone 7) to help direct circulating calcium into bones and not become deposits in soft tissues such as arteries. There are numerous past posts on this topic as well. At higher dosing of Vit D, the recommendations are at least 200 mcg K2 MK7 - (Menaquinone 7) PhD researchers at University of Maastricht, Netherlands… Cees Vermeer and Leon Schurgers … have done many studies on this topic that can be found online. ). [duckduckgo.com]

Also, in last 6 years or so, I began using the Liposomal form of Vitamin C by LivOn Labs ( daily) - 1 packet a day for maintenance and increased to 2 pks daily during cold/flu season. If I ever feel symptomatic (rare), I’ll increase that dosing and all signs quickly disappear.

Cardiologist, Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD has written the book, Primal Panacea, Curing the Incurable, Stop America’s #1 Killer and has numerous articles online about the power of vitamin C along with adding validation support for the Liposomal version. (But beware...as is typical, there are a lot of pseudo lipo products on the market).

Note these online links for additional info and validation. [duckduckgo.com]

As a reminder of the dosing equivalency of the Liposomal form of C….

One packet delivers 1,000 mg of the liposomal C.

The substitution equivalencies (Lipo C equivalent to C as ascorbic acid )

1,000 mg = 3,000 – 4,000 mg powder
2,000 mg = 8,000 – 10,000 mg powder
3,000 mg = 12,000 – 18,000 mg powder…. (page 133 of Primal Panacea)

Other books by Dr. Levy [www.peakenergy.com]

Jackie
September 15, 2020 06:16AM
Jackie, MDs are good for testing and diagnosis, trauma and surgery. Most interpretations of the testing is influenced by Pharma, so The advice after the testing is most always meds. My D level of 30 is adequate according to them, but I strive for 65 with the afib condition.
If my CHL is 219 with an LDL of 139, Im supposedly at a 15% higher risk over 10 years of heart attack or stroke, borderline high and prescribed statins 20mg per day. If I am 199/129, it drops to 7% and its have a nice day. The goal posts are constantly changing to fit the P&L, the one size fits all stat that never lies, unless you have the anecdotal story of both parents dying in that 7% range with low CHL while on meds. But I digress.
I like Wolfsons approach and dont mind his sales pitch at the end. I may even throw some supplement biz his way. Afterall, he is a board certified Cardio without the baggage. Yes, he makes a good living Im sure, but he does preach diet and lifestyle change with his product. It isnt just the miracle pill approach of others selling books.
Big fan of the Lipo C and ADK. Also started on the Iodine 12-15mg daily with good results.
Love JD Levys book, Hidden Epidemic, on teeth issues. Had my one and only root canal removed after reading it. Massive infection in tooth, jaw bone front and back, after 3D cone xray picture, even after 5 years of high dose Vit C. C-Reactive Protein levels dropped in half after removal.
September 15, 2020 11:10AM
hwkmn - I understand what you are saying. In addition to my family practice D.O. at the Cleveland Clinic, I see a Board Certified Family Medicine MD who practices Functional Medicine and does testing that goes beyond the routine labs of traditional medicine and focuses on specific types of testing for nutritional status.... ie, NutrEval by Genova Diagnostics as one example. Anything out of range is managed with appropriate nutritional supplement and other than the requisite Eliquis, take no Rx meds.

In my health history, I've experienced two severe, glaring errors for treatment of nutritional deficiency for which I was never tested and that resulted in severe health consequences for me. I lived to tell about it so I'm a huge fan of those like Dr. Wolfson who incorporate nutritional assessment/requirements into their patients' treatment.

I agree with you about the Wolfson approach which is both important and a refreshing change from what's standard. I have his book, The Paleo Cardiologist - The Natural Way to Heart Health .

Glad you recovered from your infected RCT. That's a nasty situation.

Be well,
Jackie
September 15, 2020 11:46AM
Nitric Oxide for Flu got my attention. Lot of stuff out there to go through.
nitric oxide for covid 19 [www.google.com]
nitric oxide for flu [www.google.com]
nitric oxide kills viruses [www.google.com]

Looks like its good for AF too.
nitric oxide atrial fibrillation [www.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login