Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

D or Flu Shot

Posted by PC, MD 
D or Flu Shot
August 28, 2020 11:11PM
In Massachusetts the flu vaccine is now mandatory.

As we head into the fall and winter, I thought it a timely topic.

I know this is a hot topic. So, I will state at the outset that I am not here to make you drink, only to provide the water. The decision is yours.

Using CDC data
1. 49,000,000 flu cases 2017-18 (CDC)
2. Influenza vaccine efficacy 40% (also = mean of previous 14 years)
3. 160 million doses given 2017-18
4. US population of 330 million
5. About 45% of these got the flu shot
one can calculate an approximate NNT of 46.
This number is even higher if you use the CDC vaccine efficacy data for 2018-19 of 29%.
NNT = The number needed to treat to prevent one case.

The below BMJ article is a meta-analysis of 15 studies published in 2017.
Vitamin D supplementation to prevent acute respiratory tract infections: systematic review and meta-analysis of individual participant data
BMJ article
“Benefit was greater in those receiving daily or weekly vitamin D without additional bolus doses (NNT=20), and the protective effects against acute respiratory tract infection in this group were strongest in those with profound vitamin D deficiency at baseline (NNT=4).”
“25-hydroxyvitamin D supports induction of antimicrobial peptides in response to both viral and bacterial stimuli.”

So you can see how much more effective vitamin D supplementation can be at preventing the seasonal flu. Just remember that it takes many weeks to bring your blood levels of 25(OH)D into the therapeutic range. I will leave the considerations of convenience, cost, side effects, concurrent benefits, ... to you.

However, the benefit of the vaccine is additive to that of vitamin D.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2020 09:55PM by PC, MD.
Joe
Re: D or Flu Shot
August 29, 2020 05:16AM
Dr John Campbell says in this interview @ 49 min something about hydroxychloroquine and at 53:50 that there is some evidence that the flu vaccine pre-disposes for other viral infections or words similar? Is he just speculating????
[www.youtube.com]
August 29, 2020 03:47PM
Hi Joe,
For me there are so many negatives for the flu vaccine that the positive benefits are outweighed. I can’t comment on the claim made in the video, but it may be true. But it’s just one of many.

Why is Congress granting immunity to Big Pharma in a growing number of areas, especially vaccines?
Why did the Supreme Court grant "qualified immunity” to the police in 1959 and then uphold it in some outrageous cases recently?
Why is lame stream medicine suppressing hydroxychloroquine and angiotensin II antagonists in the treatment of the Covid? not to mention Vitamin D!
[vitamindwiki.com]
Just yesterday I read an article indicating vitamin D of no benefit in lengthening time before severe attack in asthmatics.
I said that can’t be and then read the entire article.
1. Why would anyone evaluate such a premise? (Hint: might there be an agenda?)
2. Why would they eliminate everyone whose level was less than 15 ng/ml (in the winter that might be half the population and the very group that would benefit the most)
3. Why would they start the count of days upon initiation of D supplementation (it takes weeks to bring up the blood levels)

This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME I investigate these lame stream medicine articles that criticize or suppress long-standing well supported beliefs.

So, Joe, my advice is to use logic/common sense and never lose sight of the big picture. Always be suspicious and look for the conflict of interest!

You've read my book and know what I mean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2020 04:21PM by PC, MD.
August 29, 2020 11:10PM
We also have a political party running that wants to have the Gov. take care of all health care, no more private health care, not for me. I would stop going to a doctor if that would ever happen.
Joe
August 30, 2020 04:02AM
I'm afraid you are right about financial and power interests PC, MD. It's difficult for outsiders though because of half truth.
August 30, 2020 09:49AM
PC - Thanks for this thread. Excellent, as usual. The hidden agendas are becoming 'not so hidden' and it's extremely concerning that responsibility for these drug consequences now has immunity. We all need to be very aware.

Jackie
August 30, 2020 11:06PM
About the vaccine, scary.

[www.youtube.com]
August 31, 2020 06:44AM
PC - could we have a simple list of the negatives of the flu vaccine?

Thanks

Sam
August 31, 2020 02:43PM
Aloha Sam,

It sounds like you are leaning against the flu vaccine but would like a quick informed response should your physician query a refusal. Believe me, if you are over 60, he/she will probably give you the full court press. Some of this will be medicolegally motivated. Some of this will borne of insecurity and ignorance.

You can mention the side effects from common to rare
[www.webmd.com]
You can mention the mean effectiveness for the flu vaccine over the past 15 years is less than 40% and last year it was 29%
You can go on the offensive and ask him/her what the NNT for the flu vaccine is
You can ask what the NNT for D3 is.

But at the end of the day you have to believe in your approach to the flu and vaccines in general, especially now that the SARS2 vaccine is in development. The state of Virginia has already announced that they will make this mandatory. And remember Big Pharma has immunity in this area. This is a disincentive to be responsible, which is especially note worthy in view of the fact that its development is being fast tracked with a new approach involving messenger RNA. The vaccine for SARS1 was found to be more lethal than the disease and was immediately removed.

Good luck
September 01, 2020 05:44AM
Thanks, PC!

Sam
September 12, 2020 08:29AM
Wolfson webinar on flu shot. [thedrswolfson.clickfunnels.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login