Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hydroxychloroquine and dofetilide

Posted by bettylou4488 
Hydroxychloroquine and dofetilide
August 07, 2020 09:17PM
I saw hydroxychloroquine has been discussed but have a specific question. I have several cardiologists.. a congenital ... EP.. and functional (Dr. Kahn). I know that if you are on the anti-arrhythmia drugs then you aren't suppose to take the hydroxychloroquine. I told my EP that I was tempted to go off dofetilide (I take 125) in case I get covid. (I have those congenital issues which I get concerned about.). She said it takes 3 days for the dofetildie to clear the system-- I would have to go back in the hospital to get on it. Dr. Kahn said if I wanted to take both I could go into the hospital but what doc would put you in the hospital early on which is when it is most effective. (Apparently.). In any event- what is my question here.. I'm not even sure. I just want to "be prepared" should I get covid.. with a plan. For those of you on the anti-arrhythmias what types of plans have you discussed w/ your docs? I know this is a touchy subject and I'm not even convinced it works but I like to have plans.. winking smiley.
Ps.. I used to see dr. Ng in with Dr. Brownstein.. wish I had kept up that relationship but I didn't love Ng. now you can only see the PAs...
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2020 09:21PM by bettylou4488.
Re: Hydroxychloroquine and dofetilide
August 08, 2020 09:41AM
Hi Bettylou,

I posted my plan here. It includes pieces from Dr. Brownstein. My only med, afib or otherwise, is on-demand flecainide. Fortunately, use of it is very rare. One idea, is that quercetin acts like a zinc ionophore, like chloroquine, but I'm not aware of any negative cardiac consequences.

About 3 weeks ago, I came down with congestion and runny nose - things that my state's website says deserve a swab COVID test, which I got. I got a negative result 12 days after getting the test. Of my linked list above, I started the 50,000 iu's of D3 three times a day for three days. I also started vitamin C, which was supposed to be to bowel tolerance every 1/2 hour. Because my symptoms were mild, it turned into 2 grams every time I thought about it. Still quite a bit, but not every 1/2 hour. This is first time I've tried the C. What happened is that I would wake up with the symptoms after no C overnight. Then I'd start taking the C and the symptoms would go away after mid morning or mid day and stay away for the rest of the day. The symptoms still lasted 11 days, but ended up being extremely mild. Because of this experience, I will do this again if I get a bug.

I got an ozone generator, to do the protocol Dr. B advocates, as well as a nebulizer with the saline solution, iodine and hydrogen peroxide he recommends. I have yet to use them.

As to chloroquine, the higher the dose, the bigger the risk for torsade de pointes. My understanding is that the studies where they had a lot of issues used doses in the multi-gram levels. Most of the GP's who've used chloroquine successfully use much lower doses. I'd certainly try quercetin first.

George
August 08, 2020 09:42PM
Thanks George. I was looking at nebulizers awhile back. A friend sent me a link to a $200 one..Amazon much cheaper. What did you end up with? Did you already get the iodine and hydrogen peroxide? I have a hard time finding the latter. I wasn't sure I you can just buy iodine or what to buy. I had a chiropractor once (Dr. Tent .. some people know of him) give me iodine but that bottle is.. o.l.d. I think the quercetin can also increase the QT interval. thanks for linking your plan. I have Dr. B's protocol also in PDF format here somewhere. A friend was smart enough to take screen shots when it was up.

just read your plan- I have a bottle of NAC up in the cupboard. gonna drag that out.... and my dentist does Ozone.. I didn't know any regular Joe could do it.. interesting!
Amy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2020 09:45PM by bettylou4488.
August 08, 2020 10:21PM
bettylou4488
A friend sent me a link to a $200 one..Amazon much cheaper. What did you end up with?
Respironics InnoSpire Essence Compressor Nebulizer System Qty: 1 $39.99
Respironics Sidestream Reusable Nebulizers Qty: 1 $13.00
From [www.thecpapshop.com]

Did you already get the iodine and hydrogen peroxide? I have a hard time finding the latter. I wasn't sure I you can just buy iodine or what to buy.

J. Crow's Lugol's solution 2%
Sun Star Organics Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide 3%
USP Normal Saline 0.9% Sodium Chloride

You'd need to dilute and mix per Dr. B's instructions.

The Ozone machines are not cheap, and you need an oxygen tank (can source through welding supply shops & you don't mention what it is for), though a 540 commercial tank works, don't need medical, which requires a prescription. Just need to make sure you get a regulator for a 540 machine, not medical.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login