Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rapid COVID antigen testing

Posted by Joe 
Joe
Rapid COVID antigen testing
August 05, 2020 07:00PM
This looks promising as soon as the regulatory bodies get with the program? It would make contact testing practically superfluous while bringing the spread under control. It is also relatively economical to implement.
[www.youtube.com]
Re: Rapid COVID antigen testing
August 06, 2020 12:02AM
It depends the purpose of getting tested if you are symptomatic, not being diligent in social distancing and wearing 100% a mask out in public and have been exposed to someone who now is positive for covid19 or recently been out of the country.

I have had 4 covid19 tests since the last of May because it was required prior to be ECV. The last Monday. It’s good for 5 days. I am high risk and been in isolation since March 16 except when I leave home to be tested or am ECV, but it doesn’t matter, I still need it. The hospital doesn’t trust the instant test so it’s a two day ordeal of dodging in the hospital those not compliant in mask and distancing.

I can easily locally get a faster antibody test but the hospital doesn’t accept it.

Different views say if one has antibodies it doesn’t guarantee one won’t get it again, and there are those who get it a second time.

My daughter’s friends who are seeking nannies are requiring the antibody test. I’m not confident being tested positive in having antibodies will safeguard my daughter’s friends kids.
Joe
August 06, 2020 05:34AM
Susan, as you know no test is 100% and it's horses for courses. The advantage of the 15min at home test is that it's cheap and most likely catches the most infectious so they can take precautions right before they leave the home for work etc. . Watch the video, the Harvard guy is not an clueless
August 15, 2020 05:52PM
That is a really interesting video! And to think that the only thing standing in the way of mass production and distribution of simple, cheap, at-home paper-strip saliva test for antigen/antibodies is bureaucracy! Not the technology itself. This Harvard doctor says that, despite fact that antigen test is much less sensitive than antibody test for knowing if the covid-19 virus is in a person's body, it is sensitive enough to know if ENOUGH virus is in the body so that the person is actually infectious. And with that knowledge the person could then self-isolate, not go to work, not go shopping etc. He says it can detect 98% of the cases in which a person has enough viral load (and hence enough antibodies/antigen load) to actually be infectious to others.

Thank for sharing that video! I have shared it on Facebook.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login