Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

High BP

Posted by mwcf 
High BP
July 18, 2020 07:57AM
Hi all,
My other half (62 years young) is due for a hip op (her father had 3 of 'em from mid-50s onwards until he croaked at 82 yo) and it showed up as the op pre-assessment that she has high BP as in circa 170/100 (again, just like her pa did after age 60).
She's been started on 5mg Amlodipine once a day that drops BP to 130/85 or so but doesn't hold for 24 hours - I appreciate she could take 5mg Amlodipine BID but 10mg is the max daily dose and I'm concerned about SEs. I'd have preferred losartan as whilst not quite as effective it has less SEs and other advantages (ACE inhibitor).
Would really appreciate you guys' views and comments on this please.
Kind regards,
Mike
Re: High BP
July 18, 2020 06:05PM
My first take on BP is always hyperinsulinemia. Not sure if that applies to her. My systolic BP went up slightly, into the 120's, so I did a 5 day water fast in March. It did not respond. Hence several other approaches. I started training with a Zona device. Basically they noticed fighter pilots in the 1970's had lower BP after doing isometric training for G forces. This device will each day measure maximum grip strength of each hand. Then will prompt you to hold 30% of max for 2 minutes for one hand, take 1 minute break, do other hand, take one minute break, then repeat both hands. Do this at least 5 days/week. Takes 5-12 weeks for effect. You might be able to replicate this with cheap devices that measure grip strength.

Secondly, started exercising with KAATSU bfr bands with a cycle mode. Data suggest they will improve endothelial function as will as nitric oxide. I have a device that measures aortic pulse wave velocity. I just put the bands on in cycle mode for say 20 minutes, then turn them off and take a reading. The reading is reported in m/s, but also by "age," i.e. the age of your arteries. I'm 65. Now, after doing this, the age can be as low as 18 and is routinely in the 20's & 30's. I'm hoping that this flexibility will become permanent over time.

Started taking L-Citrulline, which will also increase nitric oxide. Beet root powder will as well.

Systolic now usually maxes at 114, but always under 120. Diastolic is unchanged in the 60 range.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login