Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

COVID FEAR II

Posted by PC, MD 
COVID FEAR II
June 20, 2020 08:50PM
COVID FEAR II
I know you’re all sick and tired of hearing about vitamin D, but I can’t tell you how many people are just soooo afraid, especially as we face the second wave.
I think the latter is virtually guaranteed due to the quarantine induced decrease in sun exposure (less vitamin D) and physical activity (more weight).
Sooo many are D deficient. And the COVID is not the least of your worries.
[www.grassrootshealth.net]
You should read the links from which each chart has been lifted. You may be further motivated to supplement with vitamin D3.
Discussions on the value of masks and social distancing have become heated. So we won’t be going there.
And all you need to know about overweight (BMI 25-30)/obesity (BMI>30) is that fat cells absorb vitamin D. The bigger you are the more you need (see chart). Other than age, it is also probably the biggest comorbidity for the Covid

However the overwhelming benefit of vitamin D supplementation has been suppressed and lost in the discussion on antivirals and vaccine, which have been fast tracked. There’s no money for Big Pharma in D3 sales.
A picture is worth 1000 words. Therefore, what follows is entirely graphical and should answer most Covid related D questions. Help your friends and neighbors face the second wave by educating them, if they are so inclined (most are not). Send them a hyperlink to these graphs. A few really important ones from my earlier posts have been repeated.

The below three charts are taken from the following article
[ussanews.com]

If you don’t supplement with vitamin K2 (~100mcg/d), you’ll have to take about 2 1/2 times more vitamin D, all else being equal, to achieve the same level.

If you don’t supplement with magnesium, you will have to take about 1 1/2 times more vitamin D to achieve the same blood levels.

The next one is from this article
[medium.com]

And the next one is from 

Notice how vitamin D deficiency increases as we age no matter the race.

You should target at least 40 ng/mL, which translates to 2 to 4 hours in the sun per day (if not supplementing). And who does that?

The situation might even be worse than that portrayed by the above grassrootshealth graphs.

To further motivate you

These results eclipse what you get from the annual flu vaccine
Re: COVID FEAR II
June 21, 2020 02:28PM
PC,

Great post! If people haven't done so, I suggest reading PC's first thread on COVID here and the last few posts, even if you already looked at it previously. Also my post in that thread where they were treating COVID with D3, magnesium & B12.

In my COVID strategy post, I mentioned I was taking high dose melatonin (>200 mg/day). Recently saw this: Melatonin as adjuvant treatment for coronavirus disease 2019 pneumonia patients requiring hospitalization (MAC-19 PRO): a case series

In all 10 patients given hdM (high dose melatonin), clinical stabilization and/or improvement was noted within 4-5 days after initiation of hdM. All hdM patients, including 3 with moderately severe ARDS and 1 with mild ARDS, survived; none required MV. The 7 COVID19(+) patients were discharged at an average of 8.6 days after initiation of hdM. The 3 highly probable COVID19 patients on hdM were discharged at an average of 7.3 days after hdM initiation. Average hospital stay of those not given hdM (non-hdM) COVID19(+) patients who were admitted during the same period and recovered was 13 days.
June 22, 2020 12:17PM
Aloha George

Your input and broad based background is much appreciated. This BB is lucky to have such abundant evidence of your fatherly devotion (HFD)!

There are many ways to skin a cat and not everyone benefits equally from the most popular one. Experiment wisely and listen to how your body reacts.
June 22, 2020 10:25PM
What are the risks for a Coumadin patient supplementing vitamin K2-MK7?
June 23, 2020 01:04AM
Warfarin inhibits the vitamin K-dependent synthesis of the clotting factors II, VII, IX and X.

So you are defeating the purpose of the Coumadin.
June 23, 2020 11:18AM
Hi PC -

Check these links...
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

[www.lifestylematrix.com]

[duckduckgo.com]

There are dozens more with this theme... but Leon Schurgers PhD and Cees Vermeer, PhD...
U. of Maastricht, Netherlands have numerous papers on the properties of the K2 MK7 as not interferring with
warfarin but do help prevent the various calcifications that can result from LT warfarin use.

Jackie
June 23, 2020 02:11PM
Hi Jackie,

I certainly didn't mean to promote the use of warfarin.

The links you included speak to the ill effects of warfarin and the benefits of K, especially K2. Perhaps you could include one from the Dutch experts on K2 not interfering with warfarin. Thank you. Your input is always much appreciated.

You're preaching to the choir on the need for K

The development of metastatic prostate CA in those with low K are largely unappreciated. Hans' protocol for this exploits this relationship by recommending 200-500 mcg of K2, esp the MK-7 form.

The myriad benefits of D and K are suppressed. They both restrict the greed of Big Pharma.
Joe
June 23, 2020 10:06PM
Wonder about MK4 as mentioned by Dr B. Tan in this interview? Go to 1:25
[www.youtube.com]
June 23, 2020 10:56PM
Joe
Wonder about MK4 as mentioned by Dr B. Tan in this interview? Go to 1:25
[www.youtube.com]

The product I use, Koncentrated K, has 25 mg of MK-4, 0.5 mg of MK-7, 5 mg of K1 and 2 mg of Astaxanthin.
June 24, 2020 11:28AM
PC - I'll try to find what I think I remember from those papers and discussions on the K2 MK7.

Joe - Vitamin K2 MK7 has a longer half-life than the MK4 so that's the preferred form.

I'm knee-deep in a project so I'll work on it as I'm 'resting'... hopefully I'll post soon.

Best to all,
Jackie
June 24, 2020 02:30PM
Wow that's pricey here in the UK George!

[www.ninelife.uk]
June 29, 2020 11:49PM
We are now beginning to see blowback from Big Pharma on the benefits of vitamin D wrt the COVID.
Why would they bother? There’s no downside to vitamin D other than to Big Pharma’s bottom line.

Here’s an example.
Vitamin D concentrations and COVID-19 infection in UK Biobank (July–August 2020)
[www.sciencedirect.com]
“We found no evidence that (25(OH)D) explains susceptibility to COVID-19 infection, either overall or between ethnic groups.”
If you read the article, they found no correlation because they eliminated all the confounding factors (covariates), e.g., diabetes, obesity, age, blood pressure, ... In other other words they eliminated the COVID comorbidities, that are known to be vitamin D deficient.
Then they stipulated that vitamin D deficiency/insufficiency was anyone less than 20 ng/ml. In other words they diluted the efficacy of vitamin D by including those between 20 and 40 ng/ml.

A common ploy by pharmaceuticals is a variation on this, e.g., comparing their statin with suboptimal doses for the competition.

They’ll also tout relative benefit and ignore absolute benefit.

But the general public is not equipped to discern these tricks of the trade. You have to use common sense and the weight of evidence and the source of the evidence.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login