Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where to find wipes or what to use in making some effective against COVID-19

Posted by Madeline 
Where to find wipes or what to use in making some effective against COVID-19
July 20, 2020 04:55PM
Hi,

We have not been able to find disinfectant wipes like Lysol or Clorox brand since this began, either in stores or online. We have the small bottles of hand sanitizing spray with alcohol & lavender, but that is pricey for overall daily use. If a grocery store does not have the wipes in their lobby or the pump bottles of disinfectant, I need to have my own ready to wipe my hands, anything I touch in car, wiping down groceries, etc. I save my lavender/alcohol spray for the little things.

I heard Pine-Sol was an option & easy because no mixing of several ingredients, but when I looked it up, I found that it was not deemed effective against coronavirus. We know how to do the paper towel & make it into dispenser size wipes, just need an effective solution that is not too complicated or harsh or smelly!

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Re: Where to find wipes or what to use in making some effective against COVID-19
July 20, 2020 05:13PM
Scroll to the middle
[www.afibbers.org]
Re: Where to find wipes or what to use in making some effective against COVID-19
July 21, 2020 02:58AM
Bulleit Bourbon Whiskey I’ve easily found available. I googled local liquor stores near me. Instacart delivers. It’s 90% alcohol. 1.5 liters for $40. Pricey but that’s 6.13 cups you can add to a spray bottle. It’s sold in smaller bottles starting at $6. I speculate it maybe cheaper if you shop around.

My daughter bought Clorox toilet bowel cleaner but I don’t know if the ingredients are harmful to breathe once in aerosol form. I wouldn’t want to expose my skin to it as well.

If you run out of disposable gloves I ordered a humongous box of four packages (100 count gloves per package) from the Jeep dealer parts department-used by mechanics. I actually like them. They don’t rip.
July 21, 2020 01:18PM
Sorry. I usually check first if a site is a scam. Kageour has complaints. Back to booze and paper towels.
[www.scamadviser.com]
July 22, 2020 09:04PM
Hydrogen peroxide will work just fine. Put it in a spray bottle. You need to give it 5 minutes of contact time before wiping it off. If peroxide is hard to find, a Borax/water solution will create some. Just don’t use that anywhere near where you’d prepare food because Borax is toxic if ingested. Bleach is also an option but wear gloves and it stinks. Dilute it first.
July 23, 2020 12:20AM
I couldn’t find borax last month. They seem to be running out of everything.
July 23, 2020 04:09PM
Madeline- did you find alcohol yet?
Betco sells a gallon for around $29.95 clean it well.com sells it but charges over $12 for shipping. 5% off with “mobile5” coupon code.

[i.postimg.cc]

Includes recipe how to turn alcohol to a foaming state.
July 23, 2020 09:39PM
You can purchase a product called EverClear at a liquor store. In the past the concentration was 190 proof (95% alcohol) but in the past few years it has been diluted to 151 proof (75.5% alcohol). A 750ml bottle should cost about $20, depending on where you live. That’s expensive vs drug store rubbing alcohol but it’ll do in a pinch. Ethanol at 75% will kill anything in under 10 seconds. Just don’t put it in your mouth. You’ll spit fire!
July 23, 2020 10:12PM
I live in CA, the state with the highest covid19. It’s impossible to buy hydrogen peroxide, borax or alcohol at drug stores, target, etc.

Madeline made a good point that 98.9% alcohol will evaporate quickly.

I was able on Amazon today to buy a gallon of 98.9% alcohol for under $40-still a rip-off, with free ship. Made in the USA. I shopped around for everclear liquor but the liquor stores only have the lower 90 proof- which is 45% alcohol.

I plan on adding my hydrogen peroxide I have since I fall a lot and it’s a medicine cabinet staple.

Hopefully this recipe will work. It’s only for wipes. I get package foods-water- delivered in plastic containers and want to wipe them down. Currently I have a few Clorox wipes left. I’ve been using gloves to store my non perishable on the floor for two weeks in quarantine instead of using up my remaining wipes.

Recipe I found- hopefully it will do the trick. I have enough medical grade sanitizer gel that is 70% alcohol I bought in March. I too need wipes. I plan on using empty wipe canisters and fill it up with paper towels and the alcohol mixture.

[i.postimg.cc]
July 24, 2020 09:00AM
Yes, you want the alcohol concentration between 60-70%. That is optimal because it won’t flash evaporate before it can kill the pathogens. It takes about 5-10 seconds for alcohol to “burn through” the virus’ lipid shell and then coagulate the proteins inside of it. A 90% or higher concentration will be gone before that happens. At best it’ll punch little holes in the shell and simply liberate the viral RNA which may continue to be infectious. You can, of course, just dilute the higher concentrations to lower by adding water. The math is easy.
July 24, 2020 11:05AM
Wolfpack-instead of water can I add more hydrogen peroxide?
July 24, 2020 11:07AM
So if I mix 3 parts 98.9% alcohol with 1 part hydrogen peroxide I should produce a potent 75% alcohol base liquid for the paper towel wipes?
July 24, 2020 10:00PM
susan.d
Wolfpack-instead of water can I add more hydrogen peroxide?

Sure. Alcohol is completely soluable in H2O2 but using nothing but peroxide might be a bit harsh on the skin if you use it as hand sanitizer. For surfaces I think it’d be just fine. Kill those little germs!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login