Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Magnetic Mattress Pads

Posted by Marg 
Magnetic Mattress Pads
January 12, 2014 12:52PM
Has anyone ever heard about or used Magnetic mattress pads? My uncle, who died recently, had some on his bed and no one seems to want them. They cost around $3500 when he bought them a few years ago. You put them on the bed between the mattress and box spring. There are two layers, which you have to arrange properly based on their magnetism. They are supposed to cure all sorts of ills. Has anyone any experience with them?
Thanks,

Marg
Re: Magnetic Mattress Pads
January 12, 2014 07:27PM
January 12, 2014 07:41PM
I have experience with therapeutic magnets, but have not used a mattress pad.
Therapeutic magnets tend to make blood less acidic, so have an alkalizing effect.

This is the way electromagetism works. If you want the serious benefit of north pole energy you must also change your diet to an alkalizing one.
That's the difficult part.
January 12, 2014 08:17PM
According to the website, Quackwatch, all sorts of alternative health products and practices are scams, including many that I use and know to be helpful. I was wondering whether anyone had actually used the mattress pads and found them helpful.

William, how do you use your magnets?
Marg
January 13, 2014 04:58PM
I just tape the North side to a small burn or bug bite, it removes pain and itch in 1/2 hour. If the itch is serious (no see 'ums) a second application always works in another 1/2 hour.

BTW years ago I got a big one, and used it to stop a heart arrhythmia. I was overjoyed. It worked twice, and never again for that. sad smiley
This is why I rave about the raw paleolithic diet + iodine protocol. That works, and has done so for 5 years.
January 14, 2014 10:06AM
Marg - Note this: [www.afibbers.org]

There is a huge amount of misinformation offered by Quackwatch.

Many people find benefit from using magnet therapy including mattresses. My neighbor used a magnet belt-type arrangement for back pain very successfully and also the magnet insoles.

This website may help. I attended a seminar by Jackie Lyon years ago and always thought it would be the way to go if need be.
[www.lyonlegacy.com] - Check out the "Learn" tab as well.

Note this quote:
" Dr. Robert O. Becker, M.D.(2) provided a very important fundamental observation concerning magnetic response and therapy. He showed that when an injury occurs, the injured area registers magnetically positive (bio-south pole). After a few hours the site of the injury without any outside magnetic influence registers negative (bio-north pole). What this shows is that bio-north energy is present during healing while bio-south energy is present during, and is a signal of injury and disorder."

Dr. Becker is the author of The Body Electric and Cross Currents which have been sources for explanations pertaining to arrhythmias and energy prouduction in many previous discussions. We can't expect to be healthy with interferrence in the body's energy (voltage) flow or with conduction interferences ... arrhythmia is a classic example.

Jackie
January 14, 2014 01:59PM
Marg,

There are plenty of other sources on the internet who claim that magnetic mattress pads are not therapeutic; here's another one:

http://www.consumerwarningnetwork.com/2008/09/16/magnetic-therapy-cure-or-hoax/]

You do understand the irony in asking about the health benefit of something that was used by a deceased person? I can only guess that your uncle was not happy with how it helped him out...

Despite what Jackie's source tells us, this is not widely accepted as therapy for afib or much of anything else, but good luck with it.
January 14, 2014 06:44PM
Hi Tom,

I will read the article you referred to with an open mind. I am looking for information and the experiences of others. I am not looking to buy these pads, they are already available to me free. I am aware that what works for some may not work for others. We see this all the time on this site. Many of the practices talked about here are not widely accepted. We are all experimenting to see what works for us.

I should have mentioned that my uncle died at 94 from a fall where he shattered his hip in several places. He did not sleep in his bed after the fall, since he spent the last week of his life in the hospital. But he certainly would not have expected the bed to cure his hip. Ten years before he died he had been in a car accident where both arms were fractured, one in several places, his hip was fractured, and several ribs. He recovered from that accident. In the years before his death he was on several winning lawn bowling teams and went dancing without fail every week. He went out every day and enjoyed his life. No, I see no irony in it at all. And I never asked him about the mattress pads, as I didn't know he had them until after his death, but chances are he was quite happy with them. I don't think he ever expected they would do much more than relieve some of his aches and pains and let him sleep better. I doubt if he expected they would let him live forever.

Marg
January 14, 2014 07:03PM
Hi Jackie,

Thank you very much for the links and the information. I appreciate it. I'll check them out.

Marg
January 14, 2014 07:04PM
Thanks, William!

Marg
January 15, 2014 01:21PM
Marg - Just keep in mind that all steps to change energy in a positive manner help contribute to a healthy body that supports NSR. I doubt that the mattress alone will change your afib completely, but any assist you can use that helps manage the energy fields in your body is a step in the right direction...so as long as you have access to the mattress, why not give it a try once you do your research.

Let us know your experiences if you decide to try it.

Jackie
January 15, 2014 07:29PM
Thanks, Jackie. I have decided to give them a try. I'll keep you informed!

Marg
March 26, 2018 07:50AM
I purchased this shoes for 96-year-old aunt, rigid toes from ill-fitting shoes following hammer-toe surgery. Amputation of one toe on each foot was required. Able to wear these shoes for the following surgeries with no pain. They give her great support and are easy to put on and remove. Podiatrist recommended Orthofeet beand's shoe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login