Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bunions

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Bunions
March 08, 2013 09:04AM
Since this is a general health forum, I hope this topic will be allright to post----I have bunions, my right foot is the worse, the left not so bad. I am going to see what the doc says, my question is "has anybody had bunions and had them removed? If so, perhaps you can tell me what was the protocol and the outcome, how long was the healing process, anything you have to say, I will appreciate it.

Thanks
Liz
Re: Bunions
March 11, 2013 09:44AM
Liz: I have bunions as well, to the point where one bunion has forced one of my middle toes up over another. You can easily go online to get the protocol for bunion surgery along with healing times, etc., so I won't go into that here.

My podiatrist does many bunion surgeries and my point here is that he thinks custom designed inserts can be as effective in symptom relief as surgery. They don't get rid of the bunion but if the problem is the discomfort in your foot, they will help greatly, mostly by keeping the toes separated. My podiatrist has worn them himself for over 20 years.

Although they're about 10 times as expensive as the orthotics in the drugstore, they last forever and are worth the investment, at least in my case. The drugstore versions are better then nothing, however, and for backups.

Gordon
January 12, 2018 02:00AM
I have several foot issues (bunions, hammertoe, pronation, and neuroma) and it is hard to find a shoe that I can walk in all day. Well, finally I did! I have Orthofeet's grey and red pair and they look and feel terrific and have great arch support. Will definitely look in to purchasing another pair.
Joe
January 19, 2018 09:34PM
Maybe that is helpful?
[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login