Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Andrew Saul PhD: "If I were to recommend just one health book . . .

Posted by Anonymous User 
[www.doctoryourself.com]

If I were to recommend just one health book, it would not be one of mine, but this one:

How to Live Longer and Feel Better
by Linus Pauling
Corvallis, OR: Oregon State University Press, 2006. 300 pages, plus index, notes and extensive bibliography.

Reviewed by Andrew W. Saul
Assistant Editor, Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine

My Dad always said that when you want to know something, talk to the organ-grinder, not the monkey. With that epithet in mind, may I suggest that you promptly borrow or buy a copy of Linus Pauling’s How to Live Longer and Feel Better, recently reissued in an updated 20th anniversary edition. Yes, this is THE Dr. Pauling: the man your chemistry teacher idolized and your family doctor tries hard to ignore. Why? Because Linus Pauling committed the cardinal sin of allopathic medicine: he, a medical outsider, dared to present, directly to the public, his insightful reviews of the scientific literature to demonstrate that high doses of vitamins cure real diseases. What’s more, Pauling reassessed many supposedly open-and-thoroughly shut “vitamins-are-useless” studies and explained how the researchers had skirted the fact that their data actually demonstrated that vitamin therapy did indeed have statistical value. Again and again, Pauling criticized study authors who failed to interpret their own work fairly, or even accurately, and had passed off biased opinions as valid conclusions from their work.

When negative studies are revealed to actually be positive, organized medicine has egg on its beard. Hence, it has long been open season on Pauling, arguably the world’s most qualified, and certainly the world’s best known, critic of our scorbutic (vitamin C deficient) medical system. Pauling’s two unshared Nobel prizes (he is the only person in history with that distinction) are no protection from ignorant critics who slam vitamins without reading the research first.

[continue]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login