Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Warren Buffets diet

Posted by Elizabeth 
Warren Buffets diet
February 27, 2015 05:44PM
Most of us are very health conscience, we don't eat sugar and use supplements. Well, how about Warren Buffet, (most probably know who he is, he is one of the most wealthiest men in America), he says he drinks 5, 12 oz. cokes a day plus potato sticks and ice cream. I have seen pictures of him eating ice cream. HE Is 84 years old and very active, I believe some people just have more healthy genes and can get away with a lot, he is proof of it.

liz
Re: Warren Buffets diet
February 28, 2015 03:01PM
From memory he is one of the biggest shareholders in coke so support your investment !

I think that a careful long term check of his diet would give a different picture .

Not in all but in most cases if something sounds extraordinarily unbelievable it usually is.

Alex
March 01, 2015 09:37AM
Alexe - yes, definitely, I agree with you.

We all know, or should know, the connection to sugary foods aka high-carb foods that cause silent inflammation…. and the advanced glycation end products (AGEs) that carmelize tissue… that correlates to chronic ailments.

Mr. Buffet has had cataract surgery on his left eye in 2009 (the result of AGEs)… and quote: After a health scare from being diagnosed with prostate cancer in April of 2012, Mr. Buffett is pleased to announce that he is cancer free, and happy to have the illness behind him after 44 days of a radiation treatment cycle.

Jackie
March 01, 2015 04:02PM
Jackie:

I have eaten lots of fresh veggies and fruits, cook my own food, don't eat sugary foods yet I have had cataract surgery in both eyes, my brother also had the surgery , we both were near sighted, there may be other things which contribute to cataracts other than diet. Since the cataract surgery, I have perfect sight, so I am not unhappy with that.

There are many people that eat good food and have prostate cancer, Hans is one. Jackie you think that if one eats a good diet you will not get these diseases, only people that eat a bad diet get them, well, that isn't the case. I would say Buffett has a pretty strong constitution.

Liz
March 02, 2015 10:21AM
Liz - very soon, I'll be posting a report on the detrimental effects of metabolism from foods that cause Advanced Glycation End Products... (AGEs)... which are commonly known to cause 'caramelization' of cells... and contribute to aging.... and in fact are a measurement of aging.

It's highly informative and based on science that has long been known. It explains why some individuals develop cataracts... fruits are forms of sugar... and others develop autoimmune disorders includes a list of over 200 related chronic ailments that plague us based on various food intake and the individual's response.

Jackie
March 02, 2015 03:31PM
"Fruits are forms of sugar" fruits also have vitamins/minerals, we all need some sugar, our brains need it, why do you always blast good foods, then you take supplements to make up for the vitamins/minerals you don't get.

Liz
March 04, 2015 02:39PM
Ask 5 people what is good food, get 8 different opinions.
I say that pemmican is the perfect food, when taken in a green leafy salad with raw egg yolk and the iodine protocol.
April 28, 2015 10:32PM
Hi Lix,

No doubt that is true that a fair number of people, but decidedly still very much a distinct minority, can get away with what for the rest of us would likely result in an early grave or thee last coupe of decades of wallowing in decrepitude. And for sure, genetics plays a large roll of the dice in who can get away with such things and who can't dodge a bullet even when doing everything by the good and by the healthy book.

But the problem is, everyone who would like to just 'party hardy' their whole life and eat and drink whatever, whenever and however much they want, tend to always quote these examples of lucky genetic roulette imagining that they too are going to be in that special relatively rare number.

The problem is you never get to know if you won that lottery until near the end of the game. As such, it can be a real gamble to assume one has the magic genetic formula even of one parent seemed to have be so fortunate and the other was not so lucky as genes aren't always additive for the next generation and don't always play out as we might hope and imagine.

Don't I know that bad things can still happen to good people who try hard to take good care of themselves and be responsible on that level as well! I can write a book on it.. but no one said life was necessarily fair either and the bottomline for each person up front, before the life is lived is that those who make a concerted effort to improve and maintain a healthier life style have far better odds of living a life with more energy and ability to do the things you enjoy much later into their golden years, than do those on average who just let themselves go early on and say 'what the hell with it, if Warren Buffett can do it, so can I!" :-)

I know the point though Liz and it is true.There are no guarantees.

At the age management conferences I attend for the many good insights on sustaining good health and to help my friend Dr Thierry Hertoghe from time to time, you see the whole gamut.

Most folks are more or less like the most of us, in that their inspiration to improve their diet, nutrition and lower risk factors has been trigger by some real like struggles with some health concerns and thus they, like myself, are mainly motivated by crafting as many good days and years out whatever time we do have here and have largely find great benefit over all from the effort as I certainly have.

But then you have the "I must live forever' crowd who are chasing the clock in hopes of outrunning it and live with a strange kind of underlying desperation in their lives that feels like a prison to me. Somewhere deep down they have such a fear of 'not being' and feel compelled to try to stay always one step ahead of the grim reaper and that is an awful mind set to live with if you ask me.

That is why I so dislike the term 'Anti-Aging' Medicine, when "Age management' or regenerative medicine are better terms. Actually living forever would be a real hard to handle life sentence if you ask me.

Shannon
April 29, 2015 01:28PM
Shannon - I totally agree with you about the "anti-aging" designation. I'm an advocate of 'healthy aging' tips and protocols since that seems more realistic ...as everyone is aging from the time we are born...probably accurate to say "since conception." Just as gene expression can be controlled or managed, so can healthy aging.

I disagree that most people who become ill tend to be motivated try to improve diet and lifestyle. The patients I saw over the years in who came in 2-3 times a year and updated their health histories, just seemed to add more and more of the latest, greatest Rx drugs as time went on. Now that I'm retired and associated with more community-related groups, and have many friends over age 70, I see the same thing. Eventually, conversations seem to gravitate toward the latest ailments and when I attempt to bring up the risks of eating convenience food or sugar or a high carb diet, they turn deaf ears and clutch their bags of donuts as if it were their favorite grandchild... never to be parted. (Just one example - heaven forbid one should caution about consuming fluoridated water or GMO foods).

I do agree though that most people are fearful of dying rather than looking forward to their transition to the "next assignment." It's totally refreshing to have discussions with those who are more realistic, as you seem to be, Shannon.

Jackie

PS.... Those who consume a lot of sugar... be it glucose from starchy carbs or fruit sugar ...and if they can't metabolize it efficiently... are prone to the AGE's effect... caramelizing of tissue... ie, cataracts and worse. I never did get to the AGEs report... still on the drawing board along with other useful topics for healthy aging... But, for those interested, I highly recommend starting with Insulin Expert... Ron Rosedale, MD, and his report on Insulin and its Metabolic Effects... [drrosedale.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2015 01:38PM by Jackie.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login