Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

vivobarefoot,Balance and serious risks

Posted by alexe 
vivobarefoot,Balance and serious risks
August 14, 2014 12:46AM
Gentlepersons,

I had just written an additional comment on my earlier ''balance and serious risks''when I realised that one of the factors that has helped me go up from about four seconds on one leg to 20 and sometimes up to 40 seconds are my shoes.

I always used to have shoes with orthotics and supposedly clever technologies. I thought I would try the close to barefoot type of shoe as at home I prefer walking around in socks.

There are a few makes in this area and they are said to improve your propriocentric capacity which means your sensitivity as well. They work for me and I no longer have heavy clunky shoes.

And remember if you can't balance well on one leg you are several times more likely to have a serious fall with a higher percentage of complications resulting in death

See you on one leg !

Alex
Re: vivobarefoot,Balance and serious risks
August 22, 2014 12:21PM
Alex - most interesting and very predictable. In my area here near Cleveland, OH, Warren Grossman, PhD who is well-known as a healer often gives seminars and mini-talks on the value of using the athletic 'shoes' that are as close to going barefoot as possible yet are protective and acceptable for wearing out in public places.
Here, they are known as FiveFinger shoes. Several of the men at my fitness center wear (and love) them...there is only one woman that I've noted. I've been thinking of trying them myself.

Warren notes as you do that since they mimic nature, foot issues and balance problems disappear with time.
Most importantly, he notes, is that you get the 'grounding' effect when you wear them on natural surfaces such as soil and lawns so the benefits of collecting additional electrons to boost health is part of the process.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login