Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NEED HELP (Jackie?) -- Adrenaline/Sugar/Insulin Issue!!!

Posted by LoTay 
NEED HELP (Jackie?) -- Adrenaline/Sugar/Insulin Issue!!!
August 05, 2014 04:05PM
After speaking with Judy Larsen, she suggested that Jackie might be a person who could help, but anyone with information is welcome to comment!

Hello, I am suffering from what I believe is some type of a severe adrenergic post-prandial syndrome. I have been to many doctors but none have been able to identify my exact problem. My sugar/adrenaline issues first started when I was given adrenaline at the dentist and essentially blacked out thirty minutes later, over 40 years ago it began, I laid down to rest and if I tried to get up, I felt everything go red, and felt like I was going to pass out, if I laid down flat, it went away. Since then, consumption of sugar, or even vegetables with a moderately high glycemic index has made me exhibit the symptons of an adrenergic issue, upon consumption, I cannot stand up, I feel like I'm going to pass out, and I get heart palpitations and adrenaline reaction shivers...all 6-8 hours after a meal typically, and lasts for about 3-4 hours.

My condition has been slowly getting worse, I gave up alcohol and rice, white bread etc., and over the years cut out all sweets and eventually had to cut out all fruits. Over the last few months my condition has gotten far worse, I had a bad upper respiratory infection which prompted doctors to suggest various inhalers and medication. I believe this medication may have impacted some part of my body's response system. I have limited my diet almost exclusively to chicken, fish and cheese. Before I could eat broccoli, carrots, and pepper, but recently even a small piece of yellow pepper made me feel shaky and like I was beginning to feel an adrenergic reaction coming on.

I have been unable to find 1) a doctor who could identify exactly what the problem is, 2) an explanation for why my condition has gotten and stayed so severe, and 3) any advice on treatment or medication that would reverse this problem or prevent it from getting worse. Lastly, 4) doctors have been very confused by the fact I'm impacted by her meals 6-8 hours later, apparently this is significantly longer than usual and has led them to suggest it is a different problem, although I am unsure what that would be. Lastly I would like to connect with some other people who have this or a similar condition, to compare experiences and hear what they have done to attempt to combat it.

If you have any insights on where to find a doctor with a deep understanding of this problem who would be interested in looking at me, it would be greatly appreciated. I am based in New York and are fairly desperate to find a doctor with the appropriate expertise.

Thank you very much,

Lois
Re: NEED HELP (Jackie?) -- Adrenaline/Sugar/Insulin Issue!!!
August 05, 2014 07:11PM
Hi Lois... I just saw your post as I was ready to sign off. I'll repond to you tomorrow with some ideas.
A short answer is to eat mainly a protein-containing meal and frequent snacks of protein to keep your blood glucose from fluctuating dramatically after meals. Don't go more than 2 - 3 hours at first without a small meal or snack. That should help stabilize the blood sugar (glucose)... but there's more to it than that. I'll expand in the next post.

Avoid starchy carbs, sugar and such as that just magnifies the problem.

Meanwhile, consider finding a Functional Medicine type practitioner in your area who can do appropriate testing of adrenal function. I've sent you a Private Message.

Jackie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2014 07:14PM by Jackie.
August 06, 2014 07:45PM
I've had a thundering great success with high animal fat diet, moderate (raw beef) protein and low to zero carbohyrate.
Fat deficiency is of course never diagnosed, as doctors are trained to see fat as satanic.
Salt deficiency is also common. Doctors are down on that too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2014 07:47PM by William.
August 07, 2014 11:23PM
William:

I agree with you about salt, the right kind however, celtic sea salt, even on this board it is said not to use very much salt, the salt to potassium ratio. I use celtic sea salt, Dr. Brownstein is my doctor and has written a book on salt and why we need it. I get my potassium from food not supplements, I do eat meat, not raw however, lots of fruits and veggies.

Liz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login