Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Absorbing magnesium

Posted by alexe 
Absorbing magnesium
May 19, 2014 02:43AM
Hello everybody,

My somewhat younger partner stresses easily [I hope it's not me]and has a mother with Alzheimer's.

Her magnesium is below the reference range though she takes magnesium glycinate and magnesium chloride.

She is upping the quantities but I said in my case where I had the same problem a decade ago upping the quantities didn't work.

I then had unpleasant injections of magnesium sulphate and up popped my magnesium.

I remember being told that you could lose the ability to assimilate and injections or intravenous were a good way.

Any other suggested alternatives?

Thanks

Alex
Re: Absorbing magnesium
May 19, 2014 02:21PM
Alex... There have been numerous posts and discussions about using topical (transdermal) applications of magnesium with good reports of efficacy...Look for posts by George N. on his use of magnesium chloride (nigari flakes)... or the commercially available topical magnesium 'oil' or gel. You can also try Epsom salts (magneisum sulfate) baths or foot soaks.

There also may be something useful in the Magnesium Absorption report. [www.afibbers.org]

It's smart to recognize that those prone to high stress are most often also deficient in magnesium plus they lose it easily during stressful conditions.

What I've learned over many years of experimenting in my own case and with others who are highly stressed individuals is that you have to keep pushing the daily intake or topical applications or both just to stay 'even.' To actually get the intracellular levels to increase is a constant push.

Hope this helps.
Jackie
Re: Absorbing magnesium
January 26, 2015 08:38PM
Dear Jackie

Which is the best Magnesium to take for my Lone A Fib. I'm 74 female still working full time. I have Parkinson's Disease (resting tremor) which I don't take medication for at this time, and Osteoporosis as well as Vestibular Dysfunction. I am reasonably fit, go to gym 4-5 times a week. I take Doctors Best Magnesium currently but have read that Mag Orotate is better?

I take Taurine and Vite C, Potassium, Vite B Complex, Calcium(which worries me),Vite b12 as am Veggie, CQ10. I eat well most times. Don't smoke, 3-4 glasses alcohol a week. I also take Actenal for my bones which I believe is really not a good drug so any info on that as well would be appreciated.

This web site has been my anti anxiety pill since I stumbled across it after my first terrifying episode of AF.

Regards

JoyWin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login