Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BPA

Posted by alexe 
BPA
February 21, 2014 02:12AM
Jackie and others,

Is there any way of checking whether the canned foods you have are BPA free and I assume the ones with BPA have different levels.

Anyway of picking and choosing sensibly?

Thanks

Alex
Re: BPA
February 21, 2014 09:30AM
Google Search brought up a lot of results . A lot for you to search through.
P.S. To search something a little easier, highlight that word or phrase, right click,
and you will see Search Google " your word or phrase " If your browser is in another search engine like Youtube, Bing, etc , it will search in that browser

canned foods you have are BPA free.

[fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs" rel="nofollow">www.google.com]
February 22, 2014 12:54PM
Alex - for the most part, you can assume that most can coatings contain BPA unless labeled as BPA free. My market which has a lot of organic and healthy food offerings ... like antibiotic-free meat, chicken and wild-caught fish has begun to offer some products in BPA free cans... which they note in their flyers. Otherwise, it's best to avoid eating canned foods when at all possible - especially vegetables - since the processing destroys a large portion of the nutritional value.

We are exposed to so many endocrine distruptors such as BPA, it makes sense to choose fresh, whole foods and consume raw or lightly cooked.

Jackie
February 23, 2014 08:54PM
Hello Jackie,

Any practical way of testing for BPA in your body and also how best to get rid of it?

Thanks

Alex
February 25, 2014 06:37PM
Alex - Some testing does show the presence of BPAs... not sure how commonly it is available outside the US.
I recall reading something about detoxing for the BPA... give me some time and I'll try to remember where I read that.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login