Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Responses to Tom P - Flecainide and Brain Health posts

Posted by Jackie 
Responses to Tom P - Flecainide and Brain Health posts
January 15, 2014 02:13PM
Hi Tom - My comment to your opinion/response (1/10/14) about fluoride and fluorine-containing drugs doing harm to the body is that my report is based on the medical observances of those researching the adverse effects of various neurotoxins such as fluorine/fluoride that are found easily in abundance in the environment, dental products and treatments and in a number of popular Rx drugs.

Actually, the fluoride toxicity issue is a concern for everyone and especially those who unknowingly take fluorinated drugs such as antibiotics in the fluoroquinolone family such as you mentioned in your July 2012 post:

July 30, 2012 06:53PM
IN SEPT OF 2005 I TOOK LEVAQUIN FOR 10 DAYS (PNEUMONIA).......2 MONTHS LATER I HAD MY FIRST AFIB EPISODE.......IT WAS A YEAR LATER THAT I LEARNED OF THE POSSIBLE HEART EFFECTS FROM THAT ANTIBIOTIC THAT IS A FLOUROQUINONOLONE .....i had horrible side effects from it too, numbness in legs and arm......loss of coordination for weeks.....extreme weakness.........my afib came form it or the pneumonia......I will always believe that

TP

As noted in the Flecainide Alert report, the research indicates fluoride breaks down protein (collagen). We should all be aware and concerned about adding to continual daily exposures of this neurotoxin either intentionally or unknowingly through fluoridated water, foods irrigated with fluoridated water, foods processed with fluoridated water, coffee, tea, beer other beverages made with fluoridated water and so on.

The focus was that to add even minor amounts of fluoride by intentionally ingesting a drug, makes no sense when we are attempting to recover health and eliminate arrhythmias… especially when fluoride breaks down the collagen in cells that help maintain NSR such as those in the sodium/potassium pump mechanisms as addressed in CR 72.

The harm done to mail carriers during the Anthrax scare by giving them the fluoroquinolone, Cipro, is well documented. The difference is they took a much higher dose for a shorter period of time but the long-term effects of lower and slower dosing of a toxin will eventually produce the same harmful effects of neurotoxicity and neurodegeneration.

My report is just the tip of the iceberg and it makes sense for everyone to be aware of the numerous, harmful effects that really are the result of these neurotoxins, but because much of the medical establishment fails to connect the dots to the real causes, a very large percentage of the population is treated for other ailments when this neurotoxicity and neurodegeneration including collagen breakdown is the true etiology.

Fluoroquinolone toxicity
[fficial&client=firefox-a" rel="nofollow">www.google.com]

Regarding your other comment on the Brain Health report, dated 1/13/14 and your remark about Alzheimer’s and inquiring about Erling in the same breath… I’m not sure if that was a typo or what….but

….. last I spoke with Erling who, having cured his own afib by nutritional means and years later, survived the calamitous carotid endarterectomy, is doing well, enjoying life in Portland (Oregon) using his vast wealth of knowledge and experience to help others who want to know more about natural health practices. He certainly shows no signs of Alzheimer’s. At age 85, his memory is better than mine at 77. ; )

As reported, the majority of findings about the brain impact by neurotoxins in my report came from brain surgeon Russell L. Blaylock, MD, thanks again to Erling who introduced Blaylock’s work to the forum long ago. Because of the increasing prevalence of younger people being affected by neurodegeneration resulting from neurotoxins, Dr. Blaylock’s early warnings and observations are becoming evident, unfortunately. However, Dr. Blaylock is not the only one expressing concern. I just heard Eric Braverman, MD, talking about brain aging and function and how they assess brain health in his clinic and the toxins he screens for included fluoride and aluminum plus many others.

As reported in Brain Health:

" Alzheimer’s disease is the fastest growing health threat in the United States according to a new landmark report from researchers at the University of Washington, Seattle.

A 2013 study in the journal Neurology found that the number of people with Alzheimer’s disease will jump from 4.7 million to 13.8 million by 2050.

Associated health care costs will skyrocket from $200 billion to more than $1 trillion by 2050, increasing the cost of Medicaid and Medicare by 500 percent.

In America, a new case of Alzheimer’s develops every 68 seconds; by 2050, the incidence will increase to every 33 seconds. "

Having watched two of my younger friends slide into neurological oblivion, the brain health preservation topic is near and dear to my heart.

Neither woman has atrial fibrillation. Both always slim, athletic and active and worked full-time until age mid-50’s. One is now in stage seven Alzheimer’s in a facility was expected to die in December but still living in almost a vegetative state. While the other is still mobile, her memory is gone and she has spinal degeneration with collapsed vertebrae. An internal pain med delivery pump was installed after back surgery could not correct the problem. She has had Parkinson’s tremors for over 10 years. She requires supervision and spends part of her time in a day-care center. Both are now 68. The cost for their care is staggering.

The commonality I see with both is they were born and raised here in NE Ohio’s goiter belt so are undoubtedly iodine deficient. Both lived and worked in fluoridated water communities from the inception in the mid-1950's..

Both were avid fans of canned diet Pepsi, had very ‘picky’ diets and were not fond of veggies and fruit. Drank alcohol moderately. Both were smokers; one stopped in her 30’s. One took a statin for over 10 years and the other always had abnormally low cholesterol levels.

An interesting twist is that both developed an unusual craving for MacDonald’s hamburgers after the dementia set in full force. ? The salt, the fat or the hidden flavor enhancers?

The intention of both posts is Awareness.

Awareness for the future health of the unsuspecting and those in denial over the toxicity of neurotoxins such as fluoride, aluminum, lead, cadmium, mercury, BPAs, xenoestrogens, pesticides, GMOs etc. is imperative if we expect to avoid ending up with mental impairment.

Jackie
Re: Responses to Tom P - Flecainide and Brain Health posts
January 15, 2014 04:06PM
Jackie,

Your Tom P quote is not mine; I wasn't on this website in those days.

Regardless, I take flecainide every day and it helps keep me in rhythm. Your lengthy posts don't make a convincing argument and since George and Hans disagree with you, I think I am in pretty good company. From reading back posts, I was guessing that Erling provided you with the material for the post, because it is evident that two of you have been on a Holy War against fluorine for some time. To me, (and Hans apparently) this sort of thing really detracts from the validity of this site.

Anyway, the idea of a dental hygienist being horrified by floridation is lovely in its irony.

Cheers,

TP
January 15, 2014 09:01PM
Jackie:

"Both were avid fans of canned diet Pepsi, had very ‘picky’ diets and were not fond of veggies and fruit. Drank alcohol moderately. Both were smokers; one stopped in her 30’s. One took a statin for over 10 years and the other always had abnormally low cholesterol levels."

I would suspect that the diet sweetners that are used, plus the fact that these ladies didn't eat fruit/veggies contributed in great part to their health problems.

Liz
January 16, 2014 01:11PM
TP - sorry for the confusion with the initials.

The research on the neurotoxicity of fluoride in my reports came mainly from the research of neurosurgeon, Russell Blaylock and from the list of over 250 study references to damage by fluoride offered in the book Healing is Voltage (Tennant) plus the science offered by the Fluoride Action Network.

Additionally it was a teleconference by David Kennedy, DDS who initiated my first awareness report offered here titled: Hydrate Safely, What's in Your Water? along with the facts presented his 2013 documentary film, Fluoridegate - An American Tragedy. Dr. Kennedy was most generous with his time and direction to help with my research. The fact that George and Hans don't agree only indicates that they are offering an opinion... just as yours is... rather than delving into the science which is abundant.

My goal has always been to create awareness on health issues that result from the public not being told the whole truth. Having been a victim years ago of one such travesty myself, I vowed never to be so trusting or gullible ever again.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to emphasize once again the importance of avoiding fluoride's accumulative toxic effects which should be every person's concern.

Jackie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 01:15PM by Jackie.
January 16, 2014 01:23PM
Liz - I agree - the toxic chemical artificial sweeteners, the aluminum cans and the reactivity of the phosphoric acid with the can and plus the cola was undoubtedly made with fluoridated water which helps release aluminum and add to the brain toxicity. Diet sodas are bad news. Drinking a diet cola along with even a partially nutritious meal negates the whole thing.

Jackie
January 17, 2014 09:22AM
"The fact that George and Hans don't agree only indicates that they are offering an opinion... just as yours is... rather than delving into the science which is abundant."

Jackie, Hans has asked you more than once to stop bashing fluorine on this website. Just because you quote a source, it doesn't mean that it is science and it doesn't change the fact that your far-fetched opinion is just not credible. And your disrespect of Hans and George, that's just wrong.

For that matter, you can put the "DIE" in DIET Pepsi and nobody's going to pay attention to that. Personally, I detest diet drinks, just give me a cold glass of fluoridated tap water...
January 17, 2014 07:01PM
Tom P:

I am not posting for or against fluoridation, but I have to say that Jackie should have the right to post against fluoride just as you have the right to dispute it. Hans and George and you can be wrong just as Jackie could be, but we as posters on this board have the right to hear both sides.

Liz
January 17, 2014 10:06PM
Thank you, Liz. Well said.

Marg
January 18, 2014 09:25AM
Marg and Liz,

I totally agree with you. The disagreement that I have is that Jackie presents her opinion as "science" and others' opinions as "opinions", including Hans and George. Pretty disrespectful to them, especially since Hans more than once has closed threads on this subject.

There's no need to defend Jackie's right to post, her "science" overwhelms the website. Very few people ascribe to that sort of thinking, that's why the threads get closed.

Signing off-
January 18, 2014 02:23PM
Informing the unsuspecting public about environmental toxins should not be classified as ‘bashing’ but might be more appropriately considered to be in the ‘whistleblower camp’ or a public service contribution since the obfuscation on toxic effects of fluoride has gone on far too long. Fluoride is a poison. The human body has no requirement for fluoride. Fluoride has never been approved by the FDA to treat or prevent any disease in man or animal. It does not prevent tooth decay.

The neurotoxic consequences of fluoride exposure and accumulations in the human body are documented in scientific literature formerly hidden and suppressed but has been gradually exposed over time as the movement gains momentum and the facts are now front and center thanks to many more whistleblowers.

My initial July 2007 report on fluoridated water and health issues: Hydrate Safely: What’s In Your Water? detailed the history and misconceptions about water fluoridation practices and the subsequent, ongoing health concerns. [www.afibbers.org]

As stated, my goal is to Create Awareness about potential hazards and contributors to ill health in general, but more specifically about any connection that may be linked to causing a biological defect that contributes to atrial fibrillation.

The connection to Afib and thyroid dysfunction is recognized without refute although connections to iodine deficiency caused by fluoride interference or blockage is not readily apparent to much of the medical establishment, but not at all obscure in Regenerative or Functional Medicine circles.

As the documentary Fluoridegate points out, the slurry of toxic chemicals (including fluoride, arsenic, cadmium, lead and radioactive isotopes) added to public drinking water is a toxic waste byproduct of the phosphate mining industry (fertilizer). The largest privately own corporation in the world is Cargill. They sell about 70% of the fluoridation chemicals being used. Disposal of this waste product is a big problem. The solution to put the toxic sludge by-product in the water (called Hydrofluosalicic Acid ) under the guise of preventing tooth decay was a huge benefit to the industry because proper disposal would be almost impossible and expensive. This way, communities pay big money to add toxic sludge byproduct to municipal water. No wonder they want to suppress the information about fluoride neurotoxicity. They have a win/win at the expense of the unsuspecting public.

The increasing incidence and prevalence of neurotoxicity and neurodegeneration caused by many environmental toxins is supported by undeniable statistical evidence. The influence of Fluoride is just one of many such toxins.

Fluoride was used in the early 1920’s to quell hyper-thyroidism by knocking out (poisoning) thyroid function.

Studies of children in India drinking water high in naturally-occurring fluoride (but not iodine deficient) were found to have serious health problems including low IQs, deaf mutism, skeletal defects and thyroid interferences that caused degenerative changes in the central nervous system, impairment of brain function and abnormal development. Similar findings were observed as far back as 1928 in Somerset, England, where children consuming well water had both dental fluorosis and goiter (from fluoride’s blocking iodine absorption). [Fluoride 2005;38(2)]

High levels of naturally-occurring fluoride contaminate water in certain parts of the US and was first identified by the mottled tooth enamel appearance (shades of brown stains) called Rocky Mountain Brown Stain found in various parts of Colorado back in the late 1800’s. It’s still seen today in various parts of the US and Mexico and is easily recognizable when those people smile or are in the dental chair. Children not living in those endemic areas but who are overdosed with fluoridated city water, toothpaste, formulas, baby foods and high fluoride containing juice such as grape juice exhibit similar enamel stains and enamel defects. In addition to sometimes weak tooth structure, the concern is obviously the toxic bioaccumulation’s effects on the body over time.

Fetal iodine deficiency caused by iodine deficiency in pregnant mothers drinking the same high fluoride water, (neonatal iodine deficiency, iodine deficiency in infants and children) resulted health problems such as endemic cretinism, mental deficiency, deaf-mutism and retarded brain development have been amply demonstrated in the WHO literature.

Emphasizing that fluoride displaces iodine (as does bromine), iodine-deficiency related health ailments are abundant in this country but few have been interested in connecting the dots to the potential etiology—fluoride cause iodine deficiency.

Retired neurosurgeon, Russell Blaylock, MD, now devoting his time to neurodegenerative disease research, has the following points to emphasize about fluoride toxicity…and again, my focus is that since we don’t know how much fluoride accumulates in our body as a result of drinking fluoridated water and the foods irrigated with fluoridated water, pesticided, prepared with it or in the case of beverages made with fluoridated water or from Rx drugs… our daily intake of fluoride can be significant and well over the MCLG. We can’t KNOW how much toxicity we have until symptoms start to show up and even then, chances are, fluoride won’t be suspect nor will iodine levels be tested.

Couple that with the prevalence of iodine deficiency-related thyroid dysfunction, which is well-recognized in this country as endemic, we have the perfect storm for numerous contributors to the onset of atrial fibrillation. Many other health ailments, far more severe include…. cancers of the breast, ovaries and prostate, osteosarcomas, intellectual disability and more as listed in the previous posts.

Following are a few of Dr. Blaylock’s key points on this very serious problem (paraphrased for brevity)… but quoted from his Blaylock Wellness Reports written for the lay public as Awareness Alerts:

• Typically, modern science, especially medicine, looks for one central cause of a problem rather than explore additive effects or even synergistic toxicity of many agents acting together which may be much more dangerous when they work in combination. They are, however, learning that toxin synergy have some surprising effects when as few as two weak toxins are in your body simultaneously.

• It is known when two weakly-toxic pesticides are used alone, neither causes Parkinson’s syndrome in lab animals, but when combined, they can rapidly cause full blown Parkinsonism.

• The same is true with fluoride. We know both fluoride and aluminum, individually, are brain toxins, but when combined, as in fluoridated water, the mix constitutes an extremely powerful brain toxin, destroying numerous neurons in the part of the brain associated with memory and emotional functions.

• Government agencies rarely test potentially toxic chemicals or even food additives in combination despite extensive scientific studies showing toxic synergy for many such compounds.

• Fluoride was known to cause brain injury even before the first proposal for drinking water fluoridation. This was based on secret studies by the Atomic Energy Commission to study the effects of fluoride on workers making atomic bombs…as fluoride was essential to bomb construction. The scientists leading these studies also led the drive to fluoridate drinking water.

• Baylock writes in 2004 that “recent studies show significant damage to many parts of the brain by fluoride.” Developing brains are much more susceptible to damage by toxins such as fluoride. The results are determined by when the toxin was first given, for how long and the dose.

• The number of studies showing significant damage to various parts of the brain continues to grow, most coming from Mexico, China, Japan, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Sweden, Canada and England. Very few from labs in the United States but those that do, find fluoride to be very toxic to the brain.

• Entities such as National Institutes of Health and National Institute of Dental Health are to blame because they refuse to fund fluoride safety studies.

• While drinking fluoridated water is not the cause of Alzheimer’s, there is a link. It affects the brain receptor critical for learning and memory. And when fluoride is added to water in the presence of even small amounts of aluminum, it causes severe destruction of brain cells in the hippocampus… which controls learning and memory.

• Alzheimer patients have dramatic increases in gut absorption of aluminum as do children with Down syndrome. One study showed fluoride increased by seven times absorption of aluminum from the gut and significantly increased entry of aluminum in the brain.

• Aluminum is added to all municipal drinking water to make it appear clear.

• Chinese studies showed lower IQ in children who drink fluoridated water. Confirmed by other studies throughout the world

• Fluoride accumulates in the hippocampus of the brain (learning and memory) and has been shown to cause an increase in free radicals and lipid peroxidation in the brain which is the main destructive reactions seen in all degenerative brain diseases and may also trigger excitotoxicity.

• Young men are particularly susceptible to osteosarcoma. Reports by the National Cancer Institute and a 1992 study… (that long ago) and the New Jersey Health Department showed as high as a 50% increase of the occurrence of bone cancer in young men. A New Jersey study found a 3 to 7X higher incidence of this cancer in young men in fluoridated communities vs non-fluoridated. Even Proctor and Gamble’s own scientists found a link between fluoride ingestion and bone cancer risk before they added fluoride to Crest toothpaste… a finding from the Freedom of Information Act lawsuit required to release the information.

• Another P&G study shows scientists found genetic damage to cells exposed to just 1 ppm of fluoride…the same dosing as supposed to be added to drinking water and was confirmed by several independent researchers.

• Other cancers : Exposure to airborne fluoride – 35% increase in lung cancer
• 128% higher incidence in laryngeal cancer
• 84% increase in bladder cancer.

• Battelle Institute found fluoride caused a rare liver tumor that can be produced in experimental animals by only one other toxin… uranium.

The Brain report covered the problem with fluoride accumulations in the Pineal gland in the brain leading to insomnia problems due to melatonin (hormone) interference.

Many other whistle blowers have inspired me to share here the information that is now widely circulated thanks to cyberspace not the least of which is the Natural News website offering reports such as:

In 2008, the US Government issued a report that said Fluoride Added to Water Supply May Harm Population … A government-sponsored report has concluded that levels of fluoride that people are regularly exposed to in drinking water can cause serious malfunctioning of the thyroid gland, leading to even more serious health problems.

"A low level of thyroid hormone can increase the risk of cardiac disease, high cholesterol, depression, and, in pregnant woman, decreased intelligence of offspring," said study co-author Kathleen Thiessen. [www.naturalnews.com]

In July 2013, Natural News reported that in some cases, non-organic produce contains up to 180 times the amount of fluoride found in tap water. Learn more: [www.naturalnews.com]

(Dr. Blaylock cautions not to drink wine produced in California because of the high fluoride content of the grapes from crop spraying with the pesticide Cryolite…even organic grapes)

National organic standards permit use of fluoride on organic crops
Sadly, conventional crops are not the only ones subjected to fluoride chemicals. Even though many of the more than 150 fluoridated pesticides on the market today are prohibited for use on crops grown according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) established organic standards, the agency still allows the use of fluoride chemicals on organic crops. [www.naturalnews.com]

Avoiding California wines, grapes may limit your fluoride exposure
Because cryolite is primarily used just in California, sourcing wine and grapes from other states, or from outside the country, may help to limit your exposure to toxic fluorides. The Seattle Times, in a 2007 "Q&A" piece about wine explains how grapes grown in both Washington and Oregon, for instance, are not sprayed with cryolite, which means they will naturally contain lower levels of fluoride. (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com)
[www.naturalnews.com]

Fluoridegate - the film that will absolutely obliterate any remaining credibility of chemical fluoride pushers

1/30/2013 - Have you ever wondered why most major municipal water utilities across America continue to artificially fluoridate public water supplies when inexpensive fluoride toothpastes are readily available for those who choose to use them? Or why governments and medical groups continue to force fluoridated tap..water on the public in spite of the fact that it has many known and proven health risks? These and many other pertinent questions find their answers in the hard-hitting documentary Fluoridegate: An American Tragedy, one of the most powerful documentaries ever made about the fluoride fraud.
[www.naturalnews.com]

Fluoridegate' is the next major civil rights issue: What are you doing to raise awareness about the dangers of this deadly chemical?

7/19/2013 - The cat is out of the bag. Those artificial fluoride chemicals that are added to municipal water supplies all across America are deadly. They also do little, if anything, to prevent tooth decay when ingested. And no amount of gerrymandering by corrupt politicians and the conventional dental industry can contain this harrowing truth from spreading,….
[www.naturalnews.com]
Learn more [www.naturalnews.com] - index of fluoride articles

So then, remphasizing:
The point of concern is obviously, with the majority of the country drinking fluoridated water known to be loosely monitored for chemical dispensing accuracy, then adding to the fluoride bioburden accumulation from foods, beverages and medications contributes to the ultimate concern… neurotoxicity and neurodegeneration.

The stats don’t lie about the increasing prevalence of mental disorders in both the young and the not-so-elderly as well as the dramatic increase in learning disabled children with ADD, ADHD and Autism since water fluoridation began. That’s only one category of increased incidence since water fluoridation began.

Awareness is the goal so health-conscious can make informed choices because:

Knowledge is Power.

Jackie Burgess

Resources
No limit to the documentation on this topic… a few of many:

As covered in the recent alert posts… we are most concerned with the damage to proteins that then disrupts proper ion pump function that provides electrolyte transport to maintain NSR and collagen inhibition since heart valves and chords have a high collagen content (Chordae tendineae are approximately 80% collagen).

Wade Frazier's article was posted six years ago: [www.afibbers.org]

From Fluoridation: A Horror Story by researcher Wade Frazier
Excerpt:
[Biochemist PhD] John Yiamouyiannis, in his influential 'Fluoride and the Aging Factor', described how the fluorine ion disrupts enzyme activity and attacks DNA and protein. In his theories, backed up by research, the fluorine ion particularly disrupts hydrogen bonds. When chemicals are dumped together, the elements that have a higher bonding affinity will “steal” the bonds from other elements. Fluorine forms the smallest negatively charged ions of all the elements, and that small size allows them to go where larger ions cannot. Those fluorine ions can get into the nooks and crannies of larger molecules, such as enzymes and DNA, and wreak biological havoc. Those fluorine ions disrupt weaker bonds in those larger molecules, damaging or destroying the original substance, disabling its biochemical usefulness. The fluorine ion acts similarly to free radicals in the body, with its net electrical charge interfering with biochemical reactions. That is how the fluorine ion harms or kills people.

Hydrate Safely – What’s in Your Water - posted 7/1/2007
[www.afibbers.org]

The Fluoride Deception by Christopher Bryson
[www.youtube.com]
[www.amazon.com]

The Effects of Fluoride on The Thyroid Gland
By Dr Barry Durrant-Peatfield MBBS LRCP MRCS
Medical Advisor to Thyroid UK [rense.com]

The Iodine Crisis – What You Don’t Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life
by Lynne Farrow with forward by David Brownstein, MD
[www.amazon.com]

Study Reference links…
[poisonfluoride.com]
[www.fluorideresearch.org] Deli, India study.
[whqlibdoc.who.int] (WHO trace elements )

Blaylock Wellness Reports
Subscriptions 12 issues/$48
[www.blaylockreport.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2014 06:29PM by Jackie.
January 20, 2014 01:26PM
Thanks Erling
January 22, 2014 10:55AM
The flouride topic has been around so long and all sides repeated so many times that to me it's now sort of like politics & religion - no matter what I hear from now on I'm probably not going to change.

Jackie has many projects going simultaneously and she comes out with some really good data. I'd like to see her focus on new subjects where many of our minds don't yet have firm opinions and leave the redundancy unsaid.

Gordon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login