Advanced

Sodium bicarbonate

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Sodium bicarbonate
May 20, 2013 03:54AM
Hello Jackie or anyone,

A question about sodium bicarbonate.

Despite eating a lot of fruit and vegetables I am on the acid side.

I thought to take 1/2 teaspoon of sodium bicarb twice a day as an option .Any other sodium bicarbonate or supplement suggestions welcome [I have a reasonably good picture of the food situation].

What I have read is 30 min before meals and 2 hours after which would be OK except I take my no food supplements 30 min - 1 hour before meals.

What effect will sodium bicarbonate have on before meals supplements?

Any advice from anyone appreciated.

Thanks

Alex
Re: Sodium bicarbonate
May 20, 2013 03:36PM
Alex - let's review why you say you run on the acidic side? What foods or beverages do you take in to counterbalance the alkalizing effect of the fruit and veggies? Way too much protein? Grains? Are you making and drinking the WW or buying the magnesium bicarbonate water which would be a good way to continually alkalize?

Remember that it's not just food and beverage intake that influences tissue pH... Overwork, anger, fear, jealousy, stress and negative emotional stress and various artificial chemicals and environmental chemicals all help to keep the body acidic. (versus Peace, Love, Kindness, Prayer Meditation)

As always, we need to look to the source or root cause of acidity and make long lasting changes.

You can certainly use sodium bicarbonate in small amounts and remember that when you ingest something highly alkaline, then you will stimulate stomach acid production.

From the Alkalinity post...

Another point on stomach acid. … Alkaline Water
People don’t often understand what happens when you drink alkaline water. They say,” If I drink alkaline water, it will just dilute my stomach acid and make my digestion worse,” but that’s not the way it works at all.

Whenever anything goes into the stomach, if you have the ability to make adequate amounts of stomach acid, your stomach acid will go to a pH of 2. So if I put alkaline water in my stomach, I’m going to make a whole lot more stomach acid in order to get down to the pH of 2.

It’s important to recognize that every time you make a molecule of hydrochloric acid, you simultaneously put a molecule of sodium bicarbonate out into the blood and that’s the way that the blood gets more alkaline and has more electrons.

If I put a coca cola in my stomach, then I don’t have to make as much hydrochloric acid to get to a pH of 2 and therefore I get less sodium bicarbonate inserted into my blood (less alkalinity). This is one of the reasons why it’s important to drink the alkaline water.
Source: Alkalinity, Healing, pH, and Voltage - The Inside Story [www.afibbers.org]

Jackie
Anonymous User
May 21, 2013 03:05AM
I appreciate the prompt reply Jackie,

I used to have a lot of protein. Now not so much. Some fish, chicken a few times a week in not big quantities. Some oats or quinoa. No big quantities also.I'm a small food consumer by most standards.

I am a healthy workaholic and don't suffer apparently from anger fear and stress. This is how others see me also.. I sleep well .

I find a 1/3 teaspoon of Sodium Bicarbonate 30 min before or 2 hours after food quickly makes me alkaline according to the test strip.

So the major simple question is how to integrate with supplements. Can sodium bicarbonate be taken at a similar time?

Thanks

Alex
May 22, 2013 07:32PM
Alex - My comment would be to experiment. Since we know that adding something alkaline, increases production of stomach acid, that can be a digestive aid or... in some sensitive cases for supplements, you may want to take those away from times that you add the NaHCO3 so the higher HCl doesn't interfere.

I take certain supplements along with or after meals... some away from meals and still others when I am definitely 'on empty' for several hours.... it's my personal experiment.

Since I work at being alkaline continually, I often drink some of the WW concentrate for that very reason so I assume the NaHCO3 would work the same way.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login