Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homemade Fermented Probiotic drink called REJUVELAC

Posted by Todd 
There was a discusion on Curezone about Juicer's oxidizing the nutrients in the juice. I stumbled across this video and she talks about a fermented probiotic drink you can make at home pretty easy.
Its called REJUVELAC.
REJUVELAC RECIPE
INGREDIENTS
2 cups of organic wheat berries (grains) or other whole-grains
Spring or filtered water.
You spout the berries and let them ferment. Full details on the website below.
Other variations of the REJUVELAC RECIPE using different grains for it on the web.
[www.growyouthful.com]
The youtube video below is where i discovered REJUVELAC.
[www.youtube.com]
Elizabeth H.
Re: Homemade Fermented Probiotic drink called REJUVELAC
November 12, 2012 09:16PM
P.T. Barnum said "there is a sucker born every minute" . Sounds pretty yucky.

L
November 12, 2012 11:10PM
Sounds like beer to me.

lisa

So much of medicine is looking solely down the wrong end of the gun barrel, and that is really a pity for all of us---Shannon
Elizabeth H.
November 13, 2012 12:54AM
Lisa:

Hahaha might not be too bad after all---how about saur kraut, that is fermented. I raise my own cabbage and I make saur kraut, I use as little salt as possible and use Celtic Sea salt.

Liz
Search REJUVELAC on Youtube.
Lots of video's showing you have to make it from other ingredients also.
This stuff is suppose to taste kind of lemony !
Think of it as liquid saur kraut.There are some video's using cabbage to make Rejuvelac.
This 5 min video shows all the nutrients that it contains, and its benefits and how to make it.
[www.youtube.com]
Amazon is selling it for $4.80 a bottle with good reviews.
Must be something to it. Make Your Own.
November 14, 2012 03:05PM
Todd - interesting find. Dr. Mercola has mentioned for many years that non-commercially produced fermented foods are very healthy choices... lots to read if you Google that topic. However, the salt/sodium content in some, though, is an important consideration which he addresses in this report: Important for everyone not to unbalance our K:Na ratio.

Here's a clip:

Though the term "fermented" sounds vaguely distasteful, the results of this ancient preparation and preservation technique -- produced through the breakdown of carbohydrates and proteins by microorganisms such as bacteria, yeasts and molds -- are actually delicious. Even more so, they are so beneficial to overall health that some of these "functional foods" are now considered to be "probiotics," increasing your overall nutrition, promoting the growth of friendly intestinal bacteria, and aiding digestion and supporting immune function, including an increase in B vitamins (even Vitamin B12), omega-3 fatty acids, digestive enzymes, lactase and lactic acid, and other immune chemicals that fight off harmful bacteria and even cancer cells.
[articles.mercola.com]

Jackie
Great video. Liked the ideo of using celery juice for a little sodium.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login