Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Earthing questioned

Posted by Josiah 
Earthing questioned
April 23, 2012 09:05AM
Despite the fact that a majority people I respect in the health and wellness world enthusiastically support the concept of Earthing, and that includes many contributors to this forum, I still find myself questioning the validity. I'm not questioning the fact that the stray EMFs that invade our bodies do have some physiological effect on the body, rather I'm questioning whether proper grounding results in any significant reduction in important stress and/or inflammation parameters. A phenomenon as pronounced as Earthing advocates claim should not be difficult to establish. What I need to see are several citations from respected mainline scientific journals confirming the existence of this phenomenon. Can somebody help me out?

Josiah

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2012 09:06AM by Josiah.
Re: Earthing questioned
April 23, 2012 10:36AM
Josiah – In the Earthing book, and online, there are dark-field microscopy photos of clumping red-blood cells before and after Earthing. And at the Earthing Institute Website, there is a Research link with related studies. If you haven’t spent time there, now is the time.

There is a recently published review article:

Journal of Environmental and Public Health
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 291541, 8 pages
doi:10.1155/2012/291541
Review Article
Earthing: Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth's Surface Electrons
Gaétan Chevalier,1,2 Stephen T. Sinatra,3 James L. Oschman,4 Karol Sokal,5 and Pawel Sokal6

Since placing your bare feet on the ground costs nothing, it is an easy, economical adjunct to the other anti-clotting protocols.

Drinking alkaline water should also be at the top of your list…it’s also easy and economical.

The problem with published studies, as you know, is funding and funding money is scarce unless it’s for a new Rx drug.
At that Earthing Institute link… there is an abundance of supportive literature… read especially that by James Oschman, PhD.

You can also check out the research behind the PEMF equipment that also introduces electrons into the body….at a much higher cost.

Going barefoot or leading on a tree to absorb electrons is easy, inexpensive and effective.

The Healer I’ve mentioned completely cured his fatal disease by grounding. His success convinced me to continue the practice of grounding and now that Spring is here, I’m looking forward to barefoot gardening.

In one interview, Dr. Oschman observes:

JO: Red blood cells tend to clump together, and
very soon after you connect to the earth, they
don't clump. Not only do they not clump, but
the blood becomes more fluid, less viscous. High
blood viscosity has been connected to every
aspect of cardiovascular disease, which is the
number one killer in the world. So if you can
lower your blood viscosity that is a very good
thing to do.

[www.neshealth.com]

[www.earthinginstitute.net]

[www.earthinginstitute.net]

James Oschman, Ph.D., has exhaustively researched the science related to the healing benefits of Earthing. He was the first to scientifically explain the transfer of free electrons from the Earth's pulsating surface into the electric matrix of the human body. His investigations, hypotheses, and published papers on the subject have given solid scientific basis to a paradigm-shifting health concept. Dr. Oschman is the director of Nature's Own Research Association in Dover, New Hampshire (www.energyresearch.bizland.com), and the author of Energy Medicine: The Scientific Basis (Churchill Livingstone, 2000) and Energy Medicine in Therapeutics and Human Performance (Butterworth-Heinemann, 2003). His work explores the existence of a high-speed communication system extending throughout the human body that responds to the energetic environment. Dr. Oschman holds a Ph.D. in biological sciences from the University of Pittsburgh. He is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the National Foundation for Alternative Medicine in Washington, D.C.

Gaetan Chevalier, Ph.D., director of the Earthing Institute, is visiting researcher at the Developmental and Cell Biology Department, University of California at Irvine. His experiments and findings on the bioelectrical changes brought about by grounding have opened a new frontier of electrophysiological research examining the striking differences between grounded and non-grounded human beings. Dr. Chevalier holds a Ph.D. in engineering physics from the University of Montreal. He was formerly director of research at the California Institute for Human Science in Encinitas, California, a leading center for the investigation of healing applications of subtle energies.
April 23, 2012 04:33PM
Thank you Jackie, I'll look into it further in light of your references. I certainly would like for it to be all that it's cracked up to be.

Josiah
John Mcdee
May 09, 2012 01:16PM
I tried the Earthing thing. I installed a #12 stranded wire to the grounding lug on my incoming copper water line, which is also looped arounded and connected to my Homes electrical System ground and 2 ground rods . I install the copper plate into my sock before going to sleep.

I really havent noticed any differance in my health. I dont take blood thinners or blood tests so nothing to compare. Our Cat is alwasys laying in the dirt under the garden bushes, when I am laying on the basdement bed..hook-up to Earthing,The cat will jump up on me, he lays across my chest, or curls up at my ankles, lately he has been slleping at my side, and lays his neck over my forearm or bicep area.

I am only guessing the cat can sense the earth, but he also jumps up on my Wife and two sons when they are laying down, and they dont hook up any copper wires to thier feet.

The other night during a severe lightning storm, I slept thru it, I would asssume any lightning voltage would travel into the earth and not into my body..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login