Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heavy Metal Riddance

Posted by Gordon 
Gordon
Heavy Metal Riddance
September 16, 2012 12:20PM
I know the issues of heavy metals in the body causing damage, particularly mercury and lead, are controversial, particularly when blood tests show normal but the Doctor's Data urine test show elevated levels. My purpose in this post is not to reopen that subject but to ask for help in finding the source of excess lead in my system.

My belief is that heavy metals in my system are treated as an inflammation and as such body resources, particularly my liver, are required to reduce that inflammation when they could be better utilized getting rid of other inflammations.

I originally tested quite high for both mercury and lead. Two courses of MDSA oral chelation and reducing fish intake to twice weekly or less have reduced my mercury level to acceptable but my level of lead remains as high or even a bit higher than previously tested.

Reading the literature I see that the main sources of getting lead into the body are: old peeling paint, copper plumbing soldered with old solder, breathing hazardous air, pottery glazing and food ingestion. I have repainted everything in the last few years, I have sent my domestic water to a lab for testing (it is fine) and I don't live in the rust belt so that pretty much leaves food ingestion and glazing on my dinnerware as possibilities.

Consumer's Reports published an article on different over the counter tests for the glazing on dinnerware and I be interested to know if anyone has tried any of them and with any success.

My real suspicion and the reason for this post is contamination in some of the supplements I take. I know that most core supplements are manufactured in either China or India and of course they all come with certificates of purity but can we trust those certificates? Does anyone know if independent laboratories performing regular testing of imported supplements? Like many others on this board I take a lot of fish oil, taurine, magnesium and potassium and my suspicion is that one or more of them is my problem.

All ideas and suggestions appreciated.

Gordon
Re: Heavy Metal Riddance
September 16, 2012 11:42PM
If you think your supplements are contaminated, take them to a lab and get them tested. The same with the dinnerware you are using.

It would probably be cheaper to buy new from a source that is reliable.

Chelation will only work if you no longer have a source of input. If this is dietary, or dental. From what I understand, if you still have fillings or other dental sources of heavy metals, they will leach (if that is the correct term) into your system and make things worse.

lisa

So much of medicine is looking solely down the wrong end of the gun barrel, and that is really a pity for all of us---Shannon
Re: Heavy Metal Riddance
September 17, 2012 01:13AM
Gordon.

just over a year ago I was having a bit of banter with another Brit. out here in Hong Kong and the subject came up about Afib. He was 70 at the time and he said when he was 60 he got what he now knows as Atrial Fibrillation and it devastated his quality of life. He found himself an old retired ex- British Army doctor who diagnosed the Afib and also diagnosed that the guy had lead overload/poisoning and this could be a factor in the Afib. Aparently, according to this old doctor, it is common knowledge in the profession that the population of the UK was /is? suffering various levels of serious lead poisoning due to traffic fumes which leads to many illnesses but the goverment does not advertise this fact.
When it emerged that the 70 year old Brit.had been a keen motor cyclist all his younger days the doc told him thats where he will have got the lead poisoning i.e. riding directly behind the exhaust pipe of the vehicle in front.

For some reason the doctor did not blame the fact that many old UK houses back in the 1950s and before had lead pipework for incoming drinking water though he would surely have been aware of this fact.

Can't remember what treatment the Brit got from this doctor ( chelation?? will ask next time I see him) but he doesn't have AFib these days.

Barry G.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login