Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prostate enlargement {BPH}

Posted by ben saif 
ben saif
Prostate enlargement {BPH}
July 02, 2012 12:13PM
A question for those who are or were suffering from this issue how do or did you control it ?
RX drugs or supplements?
any thoughts?
Ben
Wes
Re: Prostate enlargement {BPH}
July 03, 2012 12:05AM
Ben,

I have controlled mine to some extent by taking saw palmetto daily. I also take 5 mg of hytrin every night. I normally get up once per night with this regiman. I also make sure I have enough zinc and get most of it from my multiple vitamin/mineral. There are many prostate formulas on the market, most contain beta sisterol, which did not seem to help me much. At my age, 73, my urology dr says the prostate feels normal.
Gordon
July 03, 2012 09:57AM
Ben: At 75 y/o, my doc says I too have a normal prostate. I get up once or twice a night, depending upon my liquid intake in the evening. I take nettle root and a phytosterol complex that works well. I have used saw palmetto inthe past bit it lost it's effectiveness for me.

I'm not a very good sleeper and most nights I have several wakeful periods during the night. I used to get up and go to the toilet during each of those whether I really needed to or not, figuring that I would take that reason for being awake off the board. I've trained myself not do do that anymore. Reducing my number of trips to the bathroom has not reduced my number of wakeful periods, however. Sometimes a little melatonin and/or a little Pharmagaba helps but they too wear off after a couple of nights. Tried Ambien, etc., but don't like them as they give me a hangover.

Gordon
Todd
July 04, 2012 05:34AM
This website have lots of remedies you can go through. ACV being one of them.
[www.earthclinic.com]
Also look into prostate massage for enlarged prostate.Sounds promising. Lots of different ones available.
July 04, 2012 10:05AM
Nineteen men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) received 1.95 g per day of an essential fatty acid (EFA) preparation (source not specified) that contained linoleic acid, alpha-linolenic acid, and other fatty acids. After three days, the dose was reduced to 1.3 g per day for several weeks, then to 0.65 g per day. After an unspecified period of time, all patients had a decrease in postvoid residual urine volume, and in 12 of the 19 patients this parameter became normal. The prostate size, as determined by palpation, decreased in all 19 patients. (Alan R. Gaby, MD)
[findarticles.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login