Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide)

Posted by Erling 
Erling
DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide)
May 14, 2011 06:30AM
Source: Alternative & Complementary Therapies, July/August 1996, pages 230-235. DMSO Organization would like to thank the publisher for permission to place this fine article on the World Wide Web.

[www.dmso.org]

Abstract

Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO), a by-product of the wood industry, has been in use as a commercial solvent since 1953. It is also one of the most studied but least understood pharmaceutical agents of our time--at least in the United States. According to Stanley Jacob, MD, a former head of the organ transplant program at Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland, more than 40,000 articles on its chemistry have appeared in scientific journals, which, in conjunction with thousands of laboratory studies, provide strong evidence of a wide variety of properties. (See Major Properties Attributed to DMSO) Worldwide, some 11,000 articles have been written on its medical and clinical implications, and in 125 countries throughout the world, including Canada, Great Britain, Germany, and Japan, doctors prescribe it for a variety of ailments, including pain, inflammation, scleroderma, interstitial cystitis, and arthritis elevated intercranial pressure.

Yet in the United States, DMSO has Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval only for use as a preservative of organs for transplant and for interstitial cystitis, a bladder disease. It has fallen out of the limelight and out of the mainstream of medical discourse, leading some to believe that it was discredited. The truth is more complicated.

Re: DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide)
May 15, 2011 01:31AM
Many years ago, I was introduced to DMSO and bought several bottles when it was easily obtainable at the local drug store.I also have a DMSO gel that I use occasionally. Thanks for the reminder Erling!!!!

Amazing stuff for rapid transdermal deliver of whatever you want to propel/transport and especially for pain relief. I recall it worked miracles for my golf elbow over 20 years ago. The only downside I remember is your breath smells like garlic after you use it, so be aware.

Recently, the following article appeared courtesy of HSI email… It is a promo ad for Northstar’s product; there are many other resources for purchasing DMSO economically online.

Here’s an example that includes a good product application description. Note they don’t recommend the 90% concentration but rather the 70/30. If you plan to use DMSO, be sure you do extra research.
[www.mothernature.com]

Jackie

Dear Reader,
For the first time, we're exposing the hushed-up truth about a secret, fast-acting compound that could completely redefine pain relief as we know it.
This provocative video will only be available for the next 24 hours – maybe less. It depends how fast those Big Pharma scoundrels find out what we're about to reveal to you and have it shut down for good. While our message is certainly not offensive, it contains adult-oriented materials and we suggest that viewers be at least 21 years of age.
You may have heard about this inexpensive natural discovery years ago, but then the mainstream health establishment caught wind of what was happening and mounted a smear campaign to keep the threat at bay.
But a number of enlightened doctors continue to champion for this miracle compound, and it has become a word-of-mouth legend among well-known insiders…
• Racehorse trainers still swear by it.
• Professional sports trainers still use it to get their million-dollar stars up and running again.
• Competition cyclists are rumored to carry little bottles tucked away in their tire-patch kits.

Its uses are practically endless!
--Karen M. Reddel
Vice President, NorthStar Nutritionals
[www.northstarorders.net]

lisa s
May 15, 2011 08:11AM
Is DMSO something that would facilitate topical magnesium absorption? And if so, any tips/instructions/recipes?

The garlic-breath sounds like a huge downside, though.

lisa
May 15, 2011 09:42AM
Lisa - the topical magnesium goes in so efficiently and quickly, I doubt if you need DMSO for that, but if you decide to experiment, let us know.
Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login