Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firefly research

Posted by alexe 
alexe
Firefly research
June 04, 2012 10:50PM
Thanks Jackie for your reply about taking lots and lots of different kinds of vitamins and supplements. I do read about the subject a lot.

Years ago I read a Life Extension article about how older fireflies put in with younger fireflies lived longer healthier and better lives[from memory]. I would love to find the original research.

At a personal level I can understand why it works in human beings.

I go to a nearby gym which is largely young women[they are all young to me]. I'm not interested in walking but when nice young lady says ''Alex lets go fast walking and talking around the oval ''I agree. When another young friend says lets go to see Midnight in Paris by Woody Allen or the Mesopotamian exhibition[neither of which I had considered] I say yes to her.

I fly a light plane regularly and have flying friends who I also see socially. The oldies in this group are half my age

Our attitudes and behaviour are largely governed by the people around us. To a large extent we choose the people around us in one way or another

Alex
Re: Firefly research
June 04, 2012 11:02PM
From what I understand, a lot of firefly behavior is pheromone driven.

Maybe there's something to that in human interaction, as well. You make a good case for it. cool smiley

lisa

So much of medicine is looking solely down the wrong end of the gun barrel, and that is really a pity for all of us---Shannon
Re: Firefly research
June 06, 2012 12:28PM
Alex - I agree that "Our attitudes and behaviour are largely governed by the people around us." and for that reason I find that I enjoy associating with mostly younger people who are open-minded, progressive thinkers. Quite often, the people my age went to seed years ago, unfortunately, although many of my closest friends who are my age continue to enjoy good physical and metal health.

At my fitness center, we have a varied mix of ages and everyone gets along very well. We have a woman who trains regularly at age 84 and she's a champion weight lifter..... she laughs and says there isn't much competition in her age group so she's a winner. That she is in more ways than one!!

Stay active and be well,
Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login