Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mixing multiple without food supplements

Posted by alex 
alex
Mixing multiple without food supplements
April 02, 2011 01:12PM
I take a lot of supplements of different kinds.

My question is if you are taking a wide variety of without food/before meals supplements before breakfast for example.

Does it matter if they are all mixed together or are there some you should separate?

I realise with food is a different situation.

Thanks

Alex

Re: Mixing multiple without food supplements
April 03, 2011 01:16AM
Alex - I take a very large amount of supplements as various systemic support... ie, digestion, adrenal support, thyroid support, eye support, heart support, antioxidants, ...etc.

I follow the labeled directions. Most say to take with meals except in the case of amino acids where consuming on empty would allow maximum absorption and eliminate competition from any other aminos from food sources. I take Gamma E in the morning but take the tocotrienol form at night to avoid competition.

In the case of probiotics, I typically take at bedtime- on empty. Digestive support obviously is taken either before, during or after food.

Many nutrients require the acidic environment of the stomach to breakdown and metabolize so I tend to take the majority of mine either with a meal or right after a meal. Taken on empty, many supplements will cause stomach upset so long ago, I learned that unless contraindicated, taking with meals works better for me.

I try to use capsules, liquid or powders rather than tablets as often the coating on tablets doesn't break down efficiently and you lose the benefit and waste money.

Jackie
Murray L.
Re: Mixing multiple without food supplements
April 15, 2011 03:16AM
I have been trying to take the suppository form whenever possible; no coatings or rubbery exteriors to worry about.

I really do hate the taste though.

Murray

P.S. Thanks for this information thread - it is a learning experience for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login