Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Band creates the 'most relaxing tune ever'

Posted by Ian G 
Ian G
Band creates the 'most relaxing tune ever'
February 15, 2012 05:24AM
[www.telegraph.co.uk].

"A British band has worked with sound therapists to create a tune described by scientists as the "most relaxing song ever".
Boffins say the eight minute track, called Weightless, is so effective at inducing sleep it should not be listened to while driving.
Carefully arranged harmonies, rhythms and bass lines help to slow the heart rate, reduce blood pressure and lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol"

I wonder if this might be useful for some variants of cardiac arrythmias. Will look for this tune on itunes/youtube
Po Ra
Re: Band creates the 'most relaxing tune ever'
February 16, 2012 05:30AM
Ian G,

This sounds fascinating to me and I'm keen to hear it. I did a search on You Tube but couldn't find the piece. Is Boffins the name of the artist(s)?

Thanks in advance,
Po.
Ian G
Re: Link Band creates the 'most relaxing tune ever'
February 16, 2012 06:42AM
Link below - It is mellow . I will try it next time my heart acts up
[www.youtube.com]
Re: Link Band creates the 'most relaxing tune ever'
February 16, 2012 10:19AM
Ian, mellow is good - just for relaxing whether or not it's for heart issues....
Thanks for that link... it led me to some Enya selections that were great!
Jackie
Dee
February 16, 2012 06:34PM
Hi Jackie, I love Enya, I have quite a few of her CD's.. You have good taste..

Dee
John Mcdee
February 19, 2012 07:19PM
I have no idea who the band, Orchastra, or Violinist were, but the most beafutiful-Mellow music I ever heard was yesterday, when I put on the local Cable TV weather Channel. Background Music.. It was an Orchastra`s version Of Pink Floyd`s ""Time"" from dark side of the moon.. I `ve been playing Guitar for over 40 years, and always fielt that the Guitar solol on "Time"was on of the best. The Violins were great. I might have to call the Cable TV company and see if I can find out about that Orchstra.. Todays backgound music is ordainary piano tunes. boring..
February 19, 2012 11:34PM
It's funny, but I felt that the beginning was highly stressful.

As if they deliberately created tension in order to eliminate it.

I'm not saying it's bad, in fact, it's very effective.

lisa

So much of medicine is looking solely down the wrong end of the gun barrel, and that is really a pity for all of us---Shannon
February 19, 2012 11:36PM
Entrainment is something that I feel could be effective, but has not gotten much attention

lisa

So much of medicine is looking solely down the wrong end of the gun barrel, and that is really a pity for all of us---Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login