Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Removal of DNA adducts

Posted by Todd 
Todd
Removal of DNA adducts
February 10, 2012 09:45AM
I stumbled across this on Curezone.Heres what they were asking about it below. Removal of DNA adducts

Does anyone have knowledge on the removal of DNA adducts? The best I could find is that some people have used phospholipid exchange therapy, and I see there is a supplement called AC-11 (cat's claw extract) which is apparently proven to repair DNA. Anymore info much appreciated.

Theres a lot of scientific reports on removal of DNA adducts on the web..
Maybe a AF connection can be found and Treated / Removed.

This below is a paragraph out of the 2 page pdf below.
Its located in the UK and does test for it.

It been known for decades a very wide range of chemical substances (carcinogens) play a major role in
causing many forms of cancers. One important way the carcinogens have their effect is through the DNA adducts - an
adduct next to a oncogene (cancer predisposing gene) will tend to activate it, while an adduct on an anti-tumour
gene will tend to block it - in both situations there will be increased predisposition to cancer.

[web.mac.com]
Anonymous User
Re: Removal of DNA adducts
February 11, 2012 03:49PM
Hi Todd -

DNA methylation brings up 2+ million googles. This is a field of intense research. Methyl 'groups' (CH3) protect DNA against adducts. An earlier BB topic titled Introduction to 'epigenetics' and 'methylation'. has excellent NOVA videos, and information on ‘epigenetics’. [www.afibbers.org]

From Methyl Magic by Craig Cooney, PhD: "Let's put it as simply as possible: Methylation helps give life, and it can take it away. In fact, without methylation there would be no life at all." [www.amazon.com]

Erling.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login