Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Juicing

Posted by Jill 
Juicing
January 27, 2012 10:35PM
Anyone have thoughts/experience with juicing as healthy/detrimental to afibbers?
Re: Juicing
January 27, 2012 10:57PM
Hi, Jill,

When you say "juicing" do you mean in addition to, instead of, or just for a short cleanse away from your normal diet?

lisa

So much of medicine is looking solely down the wrong end of the gun barrel, and that is really a pity for all of us---Shannon
January 28, 2012 10:10AM
I'm thinking initially as a cleanse, then in addition to.
January 28, 2012 12:35PM
Jill - juicing can be extremely healthy. Depends on what you juice. Organic vegetables are useful. Adding much in the way of fruit is not.
Juicing proponents emphasize the property of alkalizing which is definitely healthy. Jackie
January 28, 2012 04:40PM
I have been reading about the alkalizing properties and have learned here about limiting fruits for sure. I have slowly lost 30 lbs by eating mostly Paleo and was looking at "juice cleansing" to knock off another 20 and hopefully learn a new healthy habit.Because my afib seems very much related to digestion, I don't want to do anything stupid. Thanks for responding, Jackie.
January 29, 2012 09:31AM
Jill - when you say digestion... do you mean specifically breaking down food in the stomach or do you mean intestinal issues?
Many people have intestinal dysbiosis which is managed through the use of probiotics. Several people here have reported amazing improvement with specific probiotics. If it's a breakdown of food in the stomach, then digestive enzymes and betaine hydrochloride are useful. There is no question that digestive issues can contribute to AF.... and it typically begins with the Autonomic Nervous System being in overdrive continually which ultimately affects digestion. This is mentioned in the Energy Healing post. Very important to address these core issues which are all energy related.

Jackie
January 30, 2012 08:40PM
Jackie, I don't seem to have intestinal issues, but have found out the hard way not to eat a heavy evening meal with wine and dessert! I find the energy healing information interesting but difficult to understand.
January 31, 2012 02:05PM
Jill - a heavy meal with wine and desert is difficult for many people... glad you have learned to avoid..Afibbers are especially vulnerable to each component... separately. It's often useful to add a good digestive enzyme that includes betaine hydrochloride because many people suffer from lack of stomach acid rather than too much. This causes digestion problems and can eventually cause food allergies.

The energy healing is an important part of everyone's life...and not just those who are vulnerable to atrial fibrillation. Read in small doses but be persistent. This is "where it's at."

Jackie
February 24, 2012 12:29PM
I juice every day. I use a Greenstar juicer (the basic model) but have heard that the Breville is a good less expensive option. Today I juiced carrots/kale/swiss chard/handful of parsley/beet/celery/apple and a small piece of ginger. Always add an apple and it will taste delicious smiling smiley I follow that with a fresh fruit salad, I try to keep most of my diet raw and also am vegetarian. Btw everything I eat/juice is organic smiling smiley anneh
February 24, 2012 10:00PM
Anneh- Thanks for the ideas! I am still experimenting with different combos. It seems like a great way to get more potassium than would otherwise be feasible if you were trying to eat all those vegies whole. How do you feel that juicing is effecting your Afib?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login