Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Relationship Difficulties

Posted by James 
James
Relationship Difficulties
December 17, 2011 08:05PM
Hi

I suffer from intermittant AF, it only ever occurs infrequently so i can lead a fairly normal life.

However

My wife has suffered form ME (chronic fatigue) for 15 years. Our relationship seems to be being ripped apart because of the ME.

I always seem to say the wrong thing and my wife seems to think i blame her illness for everything. I have tried to explain to her that the things i say come out wrong and that i do try to understand her illness.

The emotional stress of constant arguments about her ME is really starting to take its toll on us both.

I love my wife dearly and hate the way we are with each other now.

I just wanted to know if anyone out there has had the same experience and how they managed to cope?

Howie
Re: Relationship Difficulties
December 17, 2011 11:03PM
God bless you James and all mankind.
William
December 17, 2011 11:56PM
Positive mood changes happen when people eat raw zero carb diet. This diet also cures disease.
Same thing reported with the iodine protocol, although the detox period in the beginning can be rough.

William
Debbie
December 18, 2011 01:47AM
Your wife probably suffers from low self esteem because she can't accomplish what she wants to do to her illness. Make a list of all the things you DO love about her and share it. My husband and I have similar dynamics in our relationship and I would love for him to do this. He is extremely active and motivated and accomplishes so much. My energy level is so much lower and I have to prioritize things so I don't run out of energy or get overwhelmed. I often feel judged for this and it hurts my pride. Good luck with your relationship. Ego, and the need to be right, destroy relationships. Life is too short.

Debbie
Sue C.
December 30, 2011 07:02AM
Hi James

I suffer from paroxysmal afib plus chronic fatigue syndrome, and my husband has diabetes. He has more energy than I do, and I often feel stressed because it feels like he says the wrong thing, although he says, like you do to your wife, that it came out the wrong way. I try to remember that men communicate differently than women, but if I'm over-tired I do get upset sometimes.

Perhaps you could try some counselling together? My husband had counselling and it seemed to help him.

If your wife would like to contact me privately, I would be more than welcome to correspond.

Good luck!
Sue C.
January 22, 2012 06:06PM
Hi James, hope things are going well with you and your wife, though I guess the past few weeks have been pretty stressful, what with Christmas and New Year's. I know my energy level has been very low.

I recently wrote a lens on Squidoo called coping-with-chronic-fatigue-syndrome and thought it might help you both:

[www.squidoo.com]
James
February 01, 2012 12:30PM
Hi Sue

Things between my wife and I are 100% better after talking to each other openly about our feelings. Thanks for sending me the link to your post, i will forward this on to my wife.

Many Thanks

James
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login