Advanced

Supplementing iodine?

Posted by Erling 
Erling
Supplementing iodine?
May 03, 2011 09:28AM
I've often wondered:

[www.lugol-iodinesupplements.com]
Lugol's, Iodoral, SSKI... Everything You'd Ever Want To Know About Iodine Supplements And Thyroid Health!

Elizabeth H.
Re: Supplementing iodine?
May 03, 2011 02:05PM
Evidently you havn't been reading the articles that have been posted about Iodine supplements.

I can give you a first hand account--Dr. David Brownstein is my doctor, he prescribed Iodoral for me and I had been taking the supplement for about 5 years, 12.5 mg. every day. Last December I started getting hives on my face, I couldn't figure out what was causing it, I didn't think about the Iodoral as I had been taking it for so long.

I stopped taking this food, that supplement and some face creams to no avail, the hives kept coming. I believe it was in jan. or feb. that Jackie wrote an article about Iodine supplements. I quit taking the Iodoral in Feb. and the hives stopped. I also had been very itchy, I thought it was the dry heat causing it, that too stopped, I had been getting a few seconds of dizziness when first laying down or sometimes when bending down and straightening up, that too has stopped.

I take synthroid for my thyroid and with the iodoral my thyroid hormones were fine, however, hives, itchiness and dizziness are not worth it. I don't know if you posted this article with tongue in cheek or if you believe it, but I say it is full of sxxt.

Liz
Re: Supplementing iodine?
May 04, 2011 12:54AM
<[www.afibbers.org];

Since I have the thyroid nodule problem, I've done a lot of research on supplemental iodine. I do use a small amount of potassium iodide along with selenium which is recommended. My FM MD does not approve of the higher doses as discussed in the foregoing post.

My iodine supplement contains 10 mg potassium iodide and 40 mcg selenium and I take that only 3 times a week (MWF)... Since I don't use commercial iodized salt in anything and don't cook with it, don't eat that much seafood, I think it makes sense to supplement to a minor degree especially since I was born in and live in The Goiter Belt.

The concerns over thyroid support now with the radioactive drift are another issue entirely.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login