<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
    <channel>
        <title>To Chew or Not to Chew</title>
        <description> Somewhere I read that when taking magnesium glycinate the tablets should be chewed (to aid in absorption evidently). I&amp;#039;ve been doing this even though it&amp;#039;s an unpleasant although tolerable taste and feeling, requiring a lot of water to wash down. I take 100 mg four times a day. Give me some feedback on this if you are on this regimen, please. Thanks!</description>
        <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3937#msg-3937</link>
        <lastBuildDate>Mon, 28 Sep 2026 23:01:11 +0000</lastBuildDate>
        <generator>Phorum 5.2.23</generator>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3993#msg-3993</guid>
            <title>Re: To Chew or Not to Chew</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3993#msg-3993</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ I mistakenly said in an earlier post that ..... &#039;one of my cardiologists has me taking magnesium gluconate.&#039;  This is in error.  I should have said magnesium MAGONATE, not gluconate.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
glenn]]></description>
            <dc:creator>Glenn Camp</dc:creator>
            <category>AFIBBERS FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:25:00 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3992#msg-3992</guid>
            <title>Re: To Chew or Not to Chew</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3992#msg-3992</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ Glenn, there has been a really lot of discussion here on Mg glycinate, too much for me to summarize.  Type &quot;magnesium glycinate&quot; into the search function above.  Its worth reading up on, believe me.  Some  people, myself included, have found that it makes afib episodes few, far apart, and mild.  I hope it works that way for you too.  I have been hearing your pain and frustration in your posts.  My heart goes out to you.  Information i got from reading the old posts has been very, very helpful to me in managing afib better.  I hope it works that way for you too.  Whatever surgery you decide to have, it will be a while before you can get it arranged.  Maybe you can make yourself more comfortable in the meantime.  At the very least you can understand it better.<br />
<br />
Yours for more NSR, <br />
<br />
Peggy]]></description>
            <dc:creator>Peggy</dc:creator>
            <category>AFIBBERS FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:49:06 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3981#msg-3981</guid>
            <title>Re: To Chew or Not to Chew</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3981#msg-3981</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ I&#039;ve only heard of magnesium glycinate in recent days since I&#039;ve been visiting these sites.  Is it taken for arrythymias?  One of my cardiologists has me taking magnesium gluconate liquid, but I haven&#039;t been able to tell if it helps arrythymias or not.  It does help prevent leg cramps from the lose of losing too many electrolytes through excessive urination. <br />
<br />
Glenn Camp]]></description>
            <dc:creator>Glenn Camp</dc:creator>
            <category>AFIBBERS FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:19:07 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3964#msg-3964</guid>
            <title>Re: To Chew or Not to Chew</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3964#msg-3964</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ Thanks for your input fellow travelers. I&#039;m waiting to hear from someone out there who would have been on the same web site as I was to get this suggestion about chewing the tablets. It sounds like an unnecessary action or you that are concerned would have known about the efficacy of crushing.]]></description>
            <dc:creator>Tom Hopkins</dc:creator>
            <category>AFIBBERS FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:30:16 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3958#msg-3958</guid>
            <title>Re: To Chew or Not to Chew</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3958#msg-3958</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ Jackie,<br />
<br />
The mag glycinate from Kirkman is also in capsule form.]]></description>
            <dc:creator>John S.</dc:creator>
            <category>AFIBBERS FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:54:43 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3948#msg-3948</guid>
            <title>Re: To Chew or Not to Chew</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3948#msg-3948</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ Tom - I&#039;ve never chewed - never read it either(at least I don&#039;t remember reading it )  but my MD crushes the tablets for her magnesium deficient daughter (big tablets - smallchild) and puts it in applesauce.   So I guess it doesn&#039;t hurt the action of the magnesium...just as if the ingredients would be powdered in a capsule as is the magnesium glycinate from Pure Encapsulations.  <br />
<br />
Jackie]]></description>
            <dc:creator>Jackie</dc:creator>
            <category>AFIBBERS FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Dec 2003 04:43:30 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3944#msg-3944</guid>
            <title>Re: To Chew or Not to Chew</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3944#msg-3944</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ Tom:<br />
     I don&#039;t think it matters if you chew them, as all the magnesium will be absorbed regardless.  Those who take an antiarrhythmic drug &quot;as needed&quot; crush them for more rapid absorption because they are at the bursting onslaught of the miserable beast.  <br />
<br />
Pam]]></description>
            <dc:creator>Pam</dc:creator>
            <category>AFIBBERS FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Dec 2003 04:04:54 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3943#msg-3943</guid>
            <title>Re: To Chew or Not to Chew</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3943#msg-3943</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ Personally i haven&#039;t been chewing them.  I just down em, and they seem to be doing all right, but how could i know what they are doing anyway?<br />
Peggy]]></description>
            <dc:creator>Peggy</dc:creator>
            <category>AFIBBERS FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Dec 2003 02:02:21 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3937#msg-3937</guid>
            <title>To Chew or Not to Chew</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?9,3937,3937#msg-3937</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ Somewhere I read that when taking magnesium glycinate the tablets should be chewed (to aid in absorption evidently). I&#039;ve been doing this even though it&#039;s an unpleasant although tolerable taste and feeling, requiring a lot of water to wash down. I take 100 mg four times a day. Give me some feedback on this if you are on this regimen, please. Thanks!]]></description>
            <dc:creator>Tom Hopkins</dc:creator>
            <category>AFIBBERS FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:07:43 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
    </channel>
</rss>
