<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
    <channel>
        <title>Fresh farmed Atlantic salmon or canned red wild Alaskan salmon?</title>
        <description> I thought I had asked about this a long time ago but couldn&amp;#039;t remember any answers clearly and couldn&amp;#039;t find it in search.

In Australia there is farmed Atlantic salmon or you can go into some supermarkets and get canned red wild Alaskan salmon.

Which is the better choice? 

Thanks.

Alex

</description>
        <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125903#msg-125903</link>
        <lastBuildDate>Mon, 28 Sep 2026 18:33:18 +0000</lastBuildDate>
        <generator>Phorum 5.2.23</generator>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125915#msg-125915</guid>
            <title>Re: Fresh farmed Atlantic salmon or canned red wild Alaskan salmon?</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125915#msg-125915</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ Just to supply a little information regarding farmed versus wild salmon, Pacific Sockeye Salmon are not farmed: Here&#039;s a quote from Vital Choice:<br />
<br />
&quot;Pacific sockeye salmon are among the most highly prized of the wild salmon species (for their rich red color and firm texture), however attempts to farm them have not been commercially successful. Sockeye have a unique diet and lifecycle that are not easily replicated in an aquaculture environment, though you can bet that somewhere, someone&#039;s working on it!&quot;]]></description>
            <dc:creator>Laura</dc:creator>
            <category>GENERAL HEALTH FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Tue, 26 Apr 2011 12:49:17 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125910#msg-125910</guid>
            <title>Re: Fresh farmed Atlantic salmon or canned red wild Alaskan salmon?</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125910#msg-125910</link>
            <description><![CDATA[   My can Salmon has salt.I have never read the ingredients.<br />
Sodium 250mg    Ingredients: Pink Salmon and  Salt.<br />
Brand    Double Q    Pink wild caught Alaskan Salmon.<br />
I guess i can rinse them off a little before cooking them.]]></description>
            <dc:creator>Todd</dc:creator>
            <category>GENERAL HEALTH FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Apr 2011 20:52:43 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125909#msg-125909</guid>
            <title>Re: Fresh farmed Atlantic salmon or canned red wild Alaskan salmon?</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125909#msg-125909</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ Canned fish is very convenient, a great way to get wild, not farm-raised fish, but, just to reiterate, the sodium is very likely to be an issue. I&#039;m not sure that I&#039;ve ever seen a can of salmon that didn&#039;t have at least some salt added. I have seen &quot;no-salt added tuna&quot; (Trader Joe&#039;s), though.  Sardines  ?  If so, please tell me the brand, because I love them.  <br />
<br />
Some canned fish is fairly &quot;pure&quot; and some is salty as Heck! BTW, I think the saltier version tastes better, but  I try to avoid it anyway  :-(<br />
<br />
If you live in the U.S. (can&#039;t speak for other countries), frozen salmon and other fish (wild-caught) is widely available.  It is much less likely to have the salt issue.<br />
<br />
lisa<br />
<br />
]]></description>
            <dc:creator>lisa s</dc:creator>
            <category>GENERAL HEALTH FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Apr 2011 19:02:48 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125908#msg-125908</guid>
            <title>Re: Fresh farmed Atlantic salmon or canned red wild Alaskan salmon?</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125908#msg-125908</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ Sardines are <br />
great source of Q10<br />
One website selling canned sardine for $10 can  5.5 oz.<br />
And i was crying about 2.39  a can 14oz salmon<br />
<br />
<br />
Sardines, a tiny, sleek and silvery canned fish, are one of the few foods that contain Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), a nutrient found the body&#039;s cells. In a nutshell, it&#039;s believed to have antioxidant properties and is<br />
 said to enhance physical energy. Studies have also found that CoQ10 benefits those with cardiovascular diseases, particularly hypertension and congestive heart failure. In addition to CoQ10, these little nutritional powerhouses are also ample sources of vitamin B12, selenium, omega-3 oils, protein, phosphorus and vitamin D]]></description>
            <dc:creator>Todd</dc:creator>
            <category>GENERAL HEALTH FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Apr 2011 13:59:28 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125907#msg-125907</guid>
            <title>Re: Fresh farmed Atlantic salmon or canned red wild Alaskan salmon?</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125907#msg-125907</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ Sardines are not one fish you know, the ones you refer to Jackie are actually called Brisling or Sprats as I would call them.  In the UK the fish we call sardine are actually young Pilchards.<br />
<br />
Whatever species they are though they are delicious.]]></description>
            <dc:creator>Rob Law</dc:creator>
            <category>GENERAL HEALTH FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Apr 2011 10:22:41 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125906#msg-125906</guid>
            <title>Re: Fresh farmed Atlantic salmon or canned red wild Alaskan salmon?</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125906#msg-125906</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ Alex - Avoid farm raised fish.  As Todd indicates, there is a plethora of info on the Internet as to why.  <br />
<br />
Sardines are not typically farm raised.  They are very small and very low on the food chain so don&#039;t live long enough to accumulate the toxic burdens of mercury, dioxins, PCBs etc that the larger, old fish do.  If you look for the sardines that are &#039;cross-packed&#039; meaning they are layered crosswise in the cans because they are so tiny, you&#039;ll be getting the best possible.  I&#039;m particular fond of the Norwegian cross-pack sardines.  Choose those labeled with the lowest sodium content.<br />
<br />
Jackie]]></description>
            <dc:creator>Jackie</dc:creator>
            <category>GENERAL HEALTH FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Apr 2011 05:05:09 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125905#msg-125905</guid>
            <title>Re: Fresh farmed Atlantic salmon or canned red wild Alaskan salmon?</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125905#msg-125905</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ Thanks for that Todd,<br />
<br />
which raises the question, what about other canned food, such as sardines.<br />
<br />
How much difference is there between these other canned food varieties of fish as compared to the fresh?<br />
<br />
<br />
Alex<br />
<br />
]]></description>
            <dc:creator>alex</dc:creator>
            <category>GENERAL HEALTH FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Apr 2011 02:19:12 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125904#msg-125904</guid>
            <title>Re: Fresh farmed Atlantic salmon or canned red wild Alaskan salmon?</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125904#msg-125904</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ I searched dangers of farm raised salmon.A ton of stuff to go through.<br />
I only eat Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon. These are the pink salmon.<br />
Price for 14oz can is about $2.39 in state of Ga. at this time.<br />
[<a href="http://www.google.com/search?q=dangers+of+farh+raised+salmon&amp;ie=utf-8&amp;oe=utf-8&amp;aq=t&amp;rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&amp;client=firefox-a"  rel="nofollow">www.google.com</a>]]]></description>
            <dc:creator>Todd</dc:creator>
            <category>GENERAL HEALTH FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Apr 2011 02:09:13 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <guid>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125903#msg-125903</guid>
            <title>Fresh farmed Atlantic salmon or canned red wild Alaskan salmon?</title>
            <link>https://www.afibbers.org/forum/read.php?10,125903,125903#msg-125903</link>
            <description><![CDATA[ I thought I had asked about this a long time ago but couldn&#039;t remember any answers clearly and couldn&#039;t find it in search.<br />
<br />
In Australia there is farmed Atlantic salmon or you can go into some supermarkets and get canned red wild Alaskan salmon.<br />
<br />
Which is the better choice? <br />
<br />
Thanks.<br />
<br />
Alex<br />
<br />
]]></description>
            <dc:creator>alex</dc:creator>
            <category>GENERAL HEALTH FORUM</category>
            <pubDate>Sat, 23 Apr 2011 19:07:06 +0000</pubDate>
        </item>
    </channel>
</rss>
