chronic health conditions.

Link:
[www.dr-rath-research.org]

Joe
J. Pisano
Re: Fantastic study about Cellular Health and arrythmia
October 24, 2003 02:57PM
Free pdf books by Dr. Rath.
These look fantastic especially the book on cellular heart health.
I will print it out tomorrow.....
I can't believe there free.

Links.
[www.dr-rath-research.org]
Joe,

Not to be the cynic, but I would be a bit careful about Dr. Rath. I've seen his ads. I think he believes massive doses of vitamin C can cure everything. I wouldn't dismiss him as a quack, but just use your common sense.

BillB
48;A;2000
J. Pisano
October 25, 2003 02:51AM
Appreciate your comment.

I have read quite a bit about his mentor Linus Pauling, who recived was a 2 times nobel laureate. I beleive that Dr. Pauling was very much on track in his research on vitamin C and Dr. Rath, is just following in his footsteps although Dr. Rath is much more commercial in his approach.

Almost all research on heart disease has a large vitamin C component. C has been called the "master vitamin" by many invovled in nutritional research.
Joe,

I actually downloaded and read his report on Irregular Heartbeat. It looked pretty reasonable to me - people who took his vitamin/mineral regiment had less arrhythmia than people who didn't. He's not claiming a cure, though he states the longer you stay on the regimen, the better off you'll be. My gut feeling is that AFibbers WOULD be better off with his regimen than none at all.

Bill
J. Pisano
October 25, 2003 05:50AM
Bill,

I found it curious the amounts of minerals he used....perhaps he was counting on the diet to make up some of the deficiencies.... It seemed low to me, well under even the RDA in many aspects....

Joe
Hello Joe,

I want to thank you for your ongoing and diligent researching, and for taking the time to share it with us. That is truly an unselfish act of kindness. You certainly peaked my curiosity, in regards to tinnitus, and I'm still looking at that. I have seen Dr. Rath's site and even saved the article you mentioned to my favorites. Although, I think he has some good thoughts, I'm still on a search for a commonality that we all have, if there is one. You might be served well, to follow his regimen, until you get your test back. Here's a summary of my thoughts, at present, and some of the things that common sense tells me, could be at least one of our problems, or links that have inspired me.

1. This link was shared by Erling back in Feb. (when my wife and I started our endeavors of researching) and it inspired me to change my diet, besides Fran's inspiration of success with her own diet cure.
[www.dfhi.com]
You might read the one on Dr. Gonzales, by clicking at the top, as well. After reading the Rosedale and Gonzales link, I immediately changed my diet, and by the second day, my 20 yr. digestion problem went away. That in itself was part of the cure.

2. I personally found out how important good fatty acids were for the cellular membranes and the brain. The brain, if memory serves me, is made up of about 60% phospholipids (fatty acids). Fatty acids keep the body lubricated, like oil does for the car.

3. I started seeing a trend of people not sleeping, anxiety, depression, indigestion, etc... and somehow fell into studying amino acids (proteins that make everything in our bodies, assisted by minerals and vitamins). I felt like a light bulb went off, in the dark confines of my brain. This link really peaked my curiosity.
[www.nasw.org]
When I met with Dr. Gersten in May, thanks to Jerry here, (I do miss your posts, Jerry) who guided me, he commented that the first things he needed to look at were tryptophan (precursor to serotonin) and copper. I find it really strange, in retrospect, that we each lock onto something of importance, to the individual studying that element. It's as if the body has a mind of its own, and somehow tells us subconsciously that its in need of that particular nutrient, because I locked onto tryptophan with a vengeance. And guess what, I was low. My result was 2.84 and the ref. range was 3.30-6.50. It turned out that copper wasn't a problem, but one of its competitors, molybdenum was; extremely so. Another one that I have been relentless on, is the sulphur containing amino, methionine, and I was low on that, as well. That is important for the most powerful anti-oxidant in the body, Glutathione. Methionine breaks down to cysteine and that, combined with glutamic acid and glycine (the glycine in Mg. glycinate), form Glutathione. When reading Valerie Hudson's plight to cure her children of cystic fibrosis, she had quit her job, and went on to get her Ph.D., and in her searching, found glutathione to be the remedy, if not the cure. She has since rec'd. funding to do clinical trials on this amino. We may think that we eat enough protein to create these reactions in the body, but when we're eating sick animals in the first place, their stores of the sulfur containing aminos are depressed, due to their own usages to heal themselves, therefore leaving us short. But that, in combination of our own pollutants, makes matters worse. I have also found that, due to stress, we deplete our own important neurotransmitter aminos, due to the constant overusage, by way of demands our environment puts upon us, whether it be alcohol, caffeine, poor diets, or just plain never relaxing. We think we have an endless supply of power from our body, so we keep tapping this energy source, over and beyond its means, and eventually it runs out of that life giving power. AF is like a flickering light bulb that's just about to go out, because it's at the end of its life or because it sometimes isn't getting the proper amount of power from its source.

4. The hydration issue is big, and it should be, because our body is made up of about 70% water. I was never a big water drinker, so did my body adapt to this by way of self preservation, by continuously releasing the antidiuretic hormone (ADH). (Read my current post in the conf. room). But on the other hand is PC's theory correct, in that the kidneys release aldosterone to keep a hydrostatic balance, therefore preserving sodium (Na), and excreting potassium (K). My indicators on my tests say my intracellular levels of K are normal. So one of two things are happening here. I've either exhausted my adrenals, or I've exhausted my supplies of ADH, or maybe both. I have to study on this one more, as I know very little. PC has locked onto this one, and that could be indicating to him, from intelligence within, that that is his problem.

5. Magnesium has been big here, and it should be. With soil depletion, rendering our food supply low in important minerals, lack of water, or lack of ionic minerals in the water, poor diets, and high dairy intake, that's very high in Ca and low in Mg, why wouldn't this one be profound. But then, why are my intracellular levels of Mg alright? They could have been depressed in the beginning, and changed, because I changed my diet in Feb. 03, and my test was done in July 03. As I analyzed the contents of many foods, I found most of them to be about a 1:1 ratio of Ca and Mg, as discussed in last month's conf. room. So to reiterate, I believe the egg represents the nutritional needs of the growing fetus, and the egg is higher in Ca. I then believe that the milk represents the ratio of Ca and Mg to the growing young, with emphasis on Ca at about 10:1, at least in the cow. After the weaning of the young, it would seem that a 1:1 ratio is then sufficient, because food status indicates that. We certainly don't see adult animals continuing to suckle from their mothers, yet we as a population are basically doing just that, with the mother being the cow. I have this picture in my mind of humans in a field, bent down on the ground, suckling milk directly from the female cow.

6. Then there's the importance of vitamins and minerals, as a whole. You mentioned reading Linus Pauling's studies on Vit. C. I, too, read them with great interest, and believe it is crucial. I particularly appreciated the fact that the vessels, especially around the heart, are the ones that are like a hose being stepped on constantly, and because of these stresses, this is where plaque always develops. The reason for the lipoproteins depositing in the arterial walls, is due to the loss of pliability of the vessel, and when this happens, tiny cracks present themselves. If the cracks weren't repaired by the lipoproteins, then blood would start seeping into the body. It sure made sense to me, but it isn't just about Vit. C, it's also about the proteins that form the chains to make that vessel in the first place, with the help of Vit C. It goes unsaid about the importance of all the other vitamins and minerals, but I must add that I was quite low in folate and B12. I certainly get enough B12 by way of meats, but because B12 needs folate, it is more folate that is my problem.

7. And then theirs molybdenum (Mo - see conf. room post). Well, this was a surprise to me, being that I was so low, but it sure fits, because I fit all the classic symptons of candida, pre-dietary changes, and because candida breaks down to acetaldehydes, as does alcohol, and in order for the damaging effects of acetaldehydes to be broken down to acetic acid to be carried from the body, they need important enzymes that use and need Mo, to achieve this. If these enzymes aren't present or deficient, acetaldehydes can cause damage to the heart. What I've found interesting, in regards to tinnitus, and Menierres disease, is that they found a possible correlation to the inner ear fluids, which can cause ringing of the ears, and ADH, antidiuretic hormone. This same hormone breaks alcohol down to acetaldehyde and also plays a role in sodium/potassium levels and hydrostatic pressures in the body. At least, I hope I'm reading it correct.

Anyway, sorry for going on and on, I just wanted to share my thoughts and maybe spur your thinking process, as well.

Best of health,
Richard
Although it was suggested, I didn't see anything in the bio for Dr. Rath that said that he actually studied with Linus Pauling. It said only that his assistant worked for him.

I, too, am totally mystified by the amounts given for the vits. and minerals. Infinitismally low!! Also what does "adjunct supplements" mean?

Carol
J. Pisano
October 25, 2003 12:30PM
Richard,
I am certainly impressed by your detail. I have to admit I have a good knowledge of vitamins and minerals and only a superficial knowledge of the aminos as they pertain to the cellular level. I am rapidly trying to rectify this dificiency in my knowledge base so as to be on the "playing field" of knowledge as many of you already posess.
J. Pisano
October 25, 2003 12:39PM
Carol,
I can not say as I know what this adjunct category is, ambiguous isn't it?

Below is Dr. Rath's Bio. Clearly stating his personal relationship and professional relationship with Dr. Pauling.

I am curious about your thoughts on the ODA, vs. RDA and Patrick Holford's SONA (Suggested Optimal Nutritional Allowance).

I am certaily a firm believer in the RDA being to low in many of vitamins and minerals....Perhaps a topic for another thread....

Matthias Rath, M.D.

Matthias Rath, M.D. was born in Stuttgart, Germany. After graduating from medical school, he worked as a physician and researcher at the University Clinic of Hamburg, Germany and the German Heart Center in Berlin. His research focused on the causes of arteriosclerosis and cardiovascular disease.

In 1987, Dr. Rath discovered the connection between vitamin C deficiency and a new risk factor for heart disease - lipoprotein(a). After publication of these research findings in Arteriosclerosis, the journal of the American Heart Association, Dr. Rath accepted an invitation to work with the late two-time Nobel Laureate Linus Pauling, Ph.D. In 1990, he was appointed by Dr. Pauling as the first director of cardiovascular research at the prestigious Linus Pauling Institute, then located in California.

Dr. Rath worked with Dr. Pauling in various areas of nutritional research. The two scientists became close personal friends who shared many common values, including their pursuit of peace and social justice. Dr. Pauling told Dr. Rath: “Your discoveries are so important for millions of people that they threaten entire industries. One day there may even be wars just to prevent this breakthrough from being widely accepted. This is the time when you need to stand up!”

Today, Dr. Rath heads a research and development institute in nutritional and Cellular Medicine. His institute conducts research and clinical studies to scientifically document the health benefits of micronutrients in combating chronic diseases. Dr. Rath is the founder of the scientific concept of Cellular Medicine, the introduction into clinical practice of the biochemical knowledge of the role of micronutrients as biocatalysts in a multitude of metabolic reactions at the cellular level.

Dr. Rath is a member of the New York Academy of Sciences, the American Heart Association and other scientific organizations. His popular health books Why Animals Don’t Get Heart Attacks, But People Do! and Cancer have sold millions of copies and have been translated into ten languages.

Dr. Rath is an outspoken advocate for patient rights and for free access to natural health worldwide. His advocacy continues to be instrumental in preventing a global ban on natural health therapies on behalf of the pharmaceutical industry. To protect their global market of patented drugs, this industry is seeking a global ban on preventive and therapeutic health information in relation to natural, non-patentable therapies by abusing the United Nations’ “Codex Alimentarius (Food Standards) Commission.”

In recognition of his civil courage against the pharmaceutical interests and his efforts on behalf of the people of the world, he received the prestigious 2001 Bulwark of Liberty Award from the American Preventive Medical Association. His commitment to world peace and social justice culminated in the launch of the Dr. Rath Health Foundation in 2002. This non-profit organization supports a broad spectrum of activities in the areas of human health, social justice and – most importantly - in the preservation of peace.

Dr. Rath sees the work of his Foundation as following in the spirit of Nobel Peace prizewinners such as Linus Pauling, Albert Schweitzer, Martin Luther King Jr. and Nelson Mandela. Dr. Rath comes from a modest background. His parents were farmers in Southern Germany who passed their humanitarian values on to their children. "These values," says Dr. Rath, "are still a driving force for me. My life is an example that you do not have to be born privileged to make a contribution to a better world."
Thank you , J. Pisano, for Dr. Rath's biography or resume. (The short bio that accompanied the online report did not include Rath's connection to Pauling.)

Pauling's praise of Rath and Rath's firm stance against the tactics of the pharmaceutical industries is impressive.

The startling low amounts of the various supplements that Rath recommends are still totally puzzling.

How do we get an answer? Who has an answer? I didn't see a "contact" button at the end of the online report. Will check again.

Carol
October 26, 2003 01:21AM
Bill B - I'm not endorsing Dr. Rath - I haven't even read this information yet.... but I know a person who eliminated his afib by taking massive doses of Vit. C at the onset of afib to flush out toxins (he says) from his body. It actually resulted in diarrhea...which is what he wanted. He ws able to duplicate the process anytime he ate something that probably was contaminated with chemicals - like fish. Grouper in Florida always did it to him (yet he ate it anyway??? - strange.)

Anyway, with Vitamin C, some Coral Calcium - yes - the scam product - magnesium, sodium chloride - he was able to eventually (over a two year period) eliminate the regular occurrance of afib.

My point is - quite possibly, larger doses of Vitamin C are not all that bad....but one has to build up a tolerance to it.... because of bowel intolerance.

Dr. Rath could be a quack, but he could be right on the money with flushing out toxins. I used to try doing that with Natural Calm which is magnesium citrate.... I'd take a few tablespoons of NC in hot water and sip on it and eventually - the afib would stop. Could have been coincidental.

Incidentally, I just read that line about Why animals don't get heart attacks and people do..... dogs do get heart attacks.... my neighbor's beloved dog is an example. Dr. Sinatra says to give large dogs CoQ10 to keep their heart muscle and energy healthy. Just a fact of trivia.

Jackie
Mike F. V42
October 26, 2003 01:59AM
Jackie,

I'd be fascinated - as I'm sure would be others here - to learn more about the person who with "Vitamin C, some Coral Calcium - yes - the scam product - magnesium, sodium chloride" was able to "eventually (over a two year period) eliminate the regular occurrance of afib". Can you find out more? (Such as the frequency and duration of AF episodes both before and during 2 year period; adrenergic, vagal, or mixed AF; age at onset, age at, and date of, last AF episode. Is the individual still AF free??

Yours inquisitively,

Mike F.
peggy merrill
October 26, 2003 06:20AM
hello Jackie, i too would like details of this supplement regimen.
Peggy
October 26, 2003 07:48AM
Hi Mike - I can try but don't hold your breath. I just recall that I was astounded at the amount of calcium that he was able to tolerate and really didn't get into much more of the details. This person is now on an extended trip and I won't be in touch for quite some time.

I also recall that he suffered from the typical post-meal letdown from sympathetic to parasympathetic which usually kicked off an event. His heart rate would go so low, it would trigger an event. He was also diabetic...I think he has since cured that with diet and exercise.

When I get the chance, I'll try to remember to correspond. Sorry to tease you with something and not follow through.

I did think, though, at the time that the Vitamin C to flush out the toxins was a sound idea.

Jackie
Mike F. V42
October 27, 2003 12:14AM
Jackie,

Thanks for the reply. Please keep us posted as and when you are able to learn more.

Mike F.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login