Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lecithin

Posted by Anthony B. 
Anthony B.
Lecithin
October 23, 2003 03:22AM
I was told that lecithin can prevent heart disease and plaque buildup in the arteries becuase it emulsifies cholestrol, keeps fats in the bloodstream constantly mobilized and prevents arterial congestion.

Does anybody know if this is true?
Re: Lecithin
October 23, 2003 07:06AM
Yes it is very true...but it doesn't happen overnight. Good preventive measure, though. Why not type in a google search - lecithin and cholesterol and see what you find. Jackie
Anthony B.
October 23, 2003 01:12PM
I just made a google search like you told me to do and wow!!!!

This is a fantastic nutrient!!!

If you buy a formula with garlic and lecithin together it is even more effective..

What gets me is if this is really such a good preventive to heart disease and such why are people still dying of heart attacks? It only cost about 25 bucks a month to use lecithin. Whats the deal? Are the doctors that stupid or do they just want us to buy plavix and make the pharmauitical guys rich??

Whats the deal?
Richard
October 23, 2003 03:19PM
You got it Anthony. Big Business, with captital B's.

Richard
Phil
October 23, 2003 03:59PM
Its not a big secret. I have taken 1200 MG of lecithin every day for some thirty years. It cost $6.99 for 200 softgels of soya lecitin.
October 24, 2003 01:36AM
Because if they cured everyone of heart disease, what would the doctors do for revenue? How would pharmaceutical manufacturers survive? How would hospitals and health insurance companies stay in business? What would Medicare do with all the excess money they would save on health costs? Same with diabetes, arthritis and all the other chronic illnesses that are a result of poor lifestyles.

In addition to lecithin, there are other helpful and preventive natural supplements to take to prevent heart disease.... but the at the very core is a healthy lifestyle and that includes diet.

Healthy is Wealthy. Jackie
Liz H.
October 24, 2003 03:34PM
Lecithin is made from soy, soy products interfere with thyroid hormones. So anyone taking a thyroid med should not take lecithin.

Liz
Fran
October 25, 2003 03:04AM
Lecithin is found in other foods. Soy happens to have a lot. I won;t touch supplements but know that there are some sources of lecithin supplements that are not made from soy. I'm sure 99% of them are. You can assume though that lecithin added to processed foods is soy based.

Fran
Liz H.
October 25, 2003 07:44AM
Fran:

I used to take lecithin granulars plus powered brewers yeast in a drink every morning for years prior to being diagnosed with Graves disease in my late 50s'.

Now that is a strange conterdicition as lecithin granulars are made from soy and I did not become hypo but hyper. Since having my thyroid abalated and taking thyroid meds, I no longer take any soy products.

I didn't know that there are lecithin supplements made without soy, I will have to look into it. I used to feel really good when I drank my lecithin and brewers yeast cocktail, I didn't have any problems with low blood sugar then.

Liz
Fran
October 25, 2003 08:52AM
Here Liz

[www.moondragon.org]

Most lecithin is derived from soybeans, but recently egg lecithin has become popular. This type of lecithin is extracted from the yolks of fresh eggs. Egg lecithin may hold promise for those suffering from AIDS, herpes, chronic fatigue syndrome, and immune disorders associated with aging. Studies have shown that it works better for people with these disorders than soy lecithin does. Other sources of lecithin include brewer's yeast, grains, legumes, fish, and wheat germ.

Fran
Liz H.
October 26, 2003 03:12PM
Fran:

Thanks, you are a beacon of information. I forgot that egg yolks are rich in lecithin.

The best to you
Liz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login