Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Proteolytic Enzymes Join in the Fight Against Killer Flu

Posted by Jackie 
Proteolytic Enzymes Join in the Fight Against Killer Flu
January 04, 2004 11:46AM
Since many are still battling the flu outbreak, I though this information was helpful. Jackie

FLU: Proteolytic Enzymes Can Work Against Viral Infections Such as the Current Influenza Type A Virus Which is Causing the Killer Flu Outbreak in the United States

(PRWEcool smiley December 11 2003--The Baseline of Health™ Newsletter, one of the world's foremost alternative health reports, released findings today that Proteolytic Enzymes, (distinguished from digestive enzymes) can work against viral infections such as that being experienced in the current outbreak of flu in the United States.

The report states: "Supplemental protease raises the proteolytic potential in the blood, which works as protection against viral infection through a process called lysis (or inactivation) of the viral protein coat."

"Viruses in their extra-cellular phase do not have any protection against lysis and therefore can be dissolved or inactivated by proteases."

Jon Barron, one of the leaders in alternative health and nutrition reports that "Successful inhibition of infection has been demonstrated in many different viruses including six different influenza type A viruses, polio and other enteroviruses, varicella viruses (herpes zoster), vaccinia viruses (hepatitis A), and others."

The report also states that "In addition to supplemental proteolytic enzymes, it is worth taking prophylactic doses of garlic extract and tincture of echinacea.

[www.prweb.com]

=======

Proteolytic enzymes – or proteases - break down or digest protein into smaller units. These enzymes include the pancreatic proteases chymotrypsin and trypsin, bromelain (pineapple enzyme) papain (papaya enzyme), fungal proteases and Serratia peptidase (the silk worm enzyme.)

Other pancreatic enzymes include pancreatin, lipases and amylases

Proteolytic enzymes have a long history in cancer treatment and are used to reduce inflammation. Controversy over whether proteolytic enzymes are actually absorbed has been resolved with studies confirming they are absorbed intact and appear to be actively transported across the gut wall.

Since stomach acid can destroy pancreatic enzymes, most pancreatin products are enteric coated meaning the pills have a coating to prevent them from being broken down in stomach acid and the pill passes to the small intestine where it breaks down there due to pH change.

They are safe for most people but contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation as well as for people with an allergy to pork (pancreatin), pineapple or papaya.

In addition to helping kill flu viruses, two pioneers in the therapeutic use of proteolytic enzymes (Drs. Max Wolf and Karl Ransberger) used a mixture of proteolytic enzymes with Vitamin E in treating senior citizens and observed an increase in clot-lysing activity in the blood and a reduction of serum lipids including cholesterols to a normal range.

To find various brands of proteolytic enzymes, type in enteric coated proteolytic enzymes on the google search…for a selection and information.

Dosages and more info [www.doctormurray.com]

References:
Ask Dr. Murray - What are Proteolytic Enzymes - [www.doctormurray.com]

G. Douglas Andersen, D.C.
Brea, California [www.chiroweb.com]
Wow Jackie

This seems to support my own personal theory about how grains, bread and sugar always seem to feed a virus. When ever I ingest these things I feel sluggish and if there is a cold etc going round I will start to go down with it - but then knock it out by getting strict on my regime.

IF grains etc interupt the enzymes in the stomach (as shown by their ommitance curing GERD) then this may be whats actually happening.

Thanks for that

Fran
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login