Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DR. WHARTON

Posted by Stan B. 
Stan B.
DR. WHARTON
January 03, 2004 11:11PM
If you are considering an ablation, I would like to suggest that you consider Dr. Wharton at the Medical University of South Carolina. Before he did my ablation on Dec. 31, I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people across the country about who were the very best EPs in the United States for radio frequency ablations. May I assure you that Dr. Wharton's name was on everyone's top tier list of the best EPs for ablations. I consulted professional societies, journals, talked to cardiologists, did a lot of Internet researching, and talked to a lot of knowledgeable people on this BB, and everyone agreed (and everything I read agreed) that he is at the top of his game and at the top of his field. I heard great things about a lot of other EPs, but usually there was always something a little detracting about each one, but NO ONE had ANYTHING negative to say about Dr. Wharton.

I have never understood why I don't read his name more on this BB because of his prominence and stature in his field. I can only say that I did my homework, and had peace that that no one was better than him. No one. He lived up to his fine reputation in every sense of the word in terms of my ablation on Dec. 31.

I would humbly suggest that you consider him before you make your final decision as to who will work on your heart and burn your heart tissue.

Please do your own reserach and talk to as many people as you can, and I am confident that when you do this you will see why I feel the way I do. You owe it to yourself to get the best for your heart.

Stan
Bob G
Re: DR. WHARTON
January 03, 2004 11:29PM
Although I never met him, nor did my insurance (HMO) allow me to go out of state to see him, I agree with you. I heard many things about him, and we even corressponded by E-Mail and snail mail. I only heard great things about him. He had just moved to South carolina from Duke I believe. Glad you had such great success with him.

Bob G
Bob G
January 03, 2004 11:45PM
P.S. I was also very pleased with my EP, Dr. Sergio Pinski, Cleveland Clinic Florida, in Weston a suburb of Miami. He did an excellent job, spent over 7 1/2 hours, and has followed up tremendously, even calling me on his cell phone during the holidays, and giving me his cell phone number in case I needed him when the office was closed. When his office opened he again followed up by phone, since i am 5 hours away in Central Florida.

I could not have asked for a better Dr. and a better team that worked with him. I am expecting great results.

Bob G
Glenn Camp
January 05, 2004 05:35AM
I sure wish we had someone as good here in Texas.
JRBabb
January 05, 2004 09:03AM
This comment by me will probably make stan mad, but I also Wharton and another EP in Charleston, DR. Stites. I choose Dr. Stites due to a number of reasons, one I was able to get the abalation quicker. Another was how he spent his time for me. Maybe Whorton was too busy, but my meeting with him only lasted about 30 min. and was interrupted often.

Also, Stites trained with Natel from Cleveland and went with him to Itly recently.

I guess we in SC are lucky to have two excellent EP's.

Babb
Stan B.
January 05, 2004 10:21AM
But Wharton trained Natale.
January 05, 2004 11:15AM
Jack - It was good to meet you over the phone last week. Nice to put a voice with the BB signature......

What shows up here to me is that we are all very fortunate and that good, skilled EP's are becoming availalble to the public. The top men, Wharton and Natale are only one individual and could never meet the demand for all the needed ablations themselves....they have chosen to share their expertise and knowledge and are training other good people to serve those of us in need.

We all gain. Just the fact that these men are becoming more unavailable and time is short indicates the demand for their skills. Not only are they doing their own procedures, but they are traveling and teaching and sharing their gift to others.

Jack, Stan, Jim, Newman, Char, Fred, njb,.... and all the others who have recently taken advantage of accessing these fine EP's are extremely fortunate to have been able to become a patient. We have had the advantage to enjoy the "gold standard" in ablations. The next generation of Fellows coming up have a lot to live up to, but for now...let's all be grarteful there are so many really top-notch people surfacing at this moment in time. It only paves the way for more people in more areas of the country to share the benefit of the knowledge.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login