Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chronic Doctor

Posted by will 
will
Chronic Doctor
December 30, 2003 12:25PM
Recently, Dr. William Douglass (Real Health Newsletter) was answering a query about mixing coumadin and gingko biloba, I think from a man's granddaughter. He mentioned that the reader might wonder if Douglass would have the nerve to drop coumadin if he were in the patient's shoes. Then Douglass said that 15 years ago he had made that very decision! He had chronic "fibrillation", and his cardiologist prescribed coumadin. Douglass had the prescription filled, but then tossed the pills, taking daily cod liver oil instead.

I don't know any more than that. Maybe someone else will know the rest of the story, but I'll try to contact Douglass, although his internet presence doesn't include ready accessibility. He seems to have led, and continues to lead, a very active life, possibly while subject to chronic atrial fibrillation, and his story might provide some valuable guidance.

(He also once suffered from extreme BPH, and for awhile needed to perform some very uncomfortable and challenging self-catherization.)

-will
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login