Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mineralised water..could it be a miracle cure?

Posted by Martin 
Martin
mineralised water..could it be a miracle cure?
October 05, 2003 04:16PM
Hi,

I was aware of the magnesium in water and have been drinking this stuff they call "unique water", available in Australia. It supposebly doubled the life of animals that drank it and many other people have claimed miraculous cures for certain ailments from drinking it. So far i havn't noticed any benefits in regards to lessening of arrhythmias, but i will keep drinking it as i am sure it is beneficial.

Here is a link for anyone interested
[www.rexresearch.com]
Richard
Re: mineralised water..could it be a miracle cure?
October 05, 2003 05:26PM
Martin,

How much Mg. do you suppose you're getting each day in the Unique Water and what type of Mg. is it? I'll read your link, but I had read about the water there before, and if I remember correctly, it didn't have a lot. You might want to add a supplement, esp. the glycinate form if you can get it. It's good that you're drinking the Unique water, though.

Richard
Martin
October 05, 2003 06:35PM
Its not alot if u compare it to supplement forms but it is alot in comparison to normal water which has little or none. I dont tolerate supplemental form of magnesium very well, it goes right through me.

Unique water has magnesium ions: 125mg per litre
I dont know how much this would be in elemental magnesium though.
October 05, 2003 11:48PM
Richard - Martin

Unique Water was what originally inspired the making of Waller Water (WW) about which we had much communication on the BB about one year ago. Erling developed a method to make a magnesium-rich water at home very economically. The 'recipe' was published numerous times on the BB Hans published it in his book, and a trial study was conducted by Hans on people consuming WW. If you do a topic search under WW or Waller Water, I'm sure lots of info will pop up. It was a lively time.

Many people reported improvement in PAC's with the use of WW and some people also thought it diminished the afib events. There can be no question that the benefit of the magnesium contained in Unique Water from Australia or Noah's water bottld here in the US has health value given that over 80% of the population is magnesium deficient.

My personal experience is that while I do use the WW at home, I can't get enough magnesium from it without bowel intolerance and so I supplement the WW with the magnesium glycinate tablets.

Whether it is Unique, Noah's or home-made WW, drinking magnesium- rich water is a good thing since many other bottled waters contain little or none of the much needed magnesium and many have far too much calcium (especially for afibbers). The problem is that many bottlers don't list the mineral content on the label.

Many areas of the US have soft water. Drinking hard water is healthy. But, communities frequently soften the public water with sodium which negates the good effect of naturally occurring magnesium.

Is it time to publish the WW recipe again?

Jackie
Martin
October 06, 2003 12:54AM
Hey Jackie,

If you have it id love to see the recipe if its not too much trouble.

Thanks.
October 06, 2003 02:48AM
Martin - here it is. Jackie

Author: Erling (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 03-13-03 15:14

Hi Sue,

It's probably a good idea to post the instructions for WW again. Hope this is helpful. Best wishes! Erling.

FOUR STEPS FOR MAKING MAGNESIUM/BICARBONATE DRINKING WATER, CALLED "WW", USING THE MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE IN "MILK OF MAGNESIA", AND CARBON DIOXIDE IN "CARBONATED WATER"
The chemical conversion in water is: Mg(OH)2 + (CO2)2 --> Mg++ + (HCO3)-2

Step 1. CHILL COMPLETELY TO REFRIGERATOR TEMPERATURE A 1 LITER BOTTLE OF "FULLY CARBONATED" WATER. Carbonated waters such as "Canada Dry Seltzer" which consist of only water and carbon dioxide (CO2) are suitable, as are many other brands of bottled "seltzer water". "Club soda", such as "Schweppes Club Soda" is also suitable; soda water is carbonated water with a small amount of added sodium.

Step 2. SHAKE WELL A BOTTLE OF PLAIN MILK OF MAGNESIA (MoM), THEN MEASURE OUT AS ACCURATELY AS POSSIBLE 3 TBS (45 ml) AND HAVE IT READY. The plastic measuring cup that comes with the MoM is accurate and ideal for the purpose. Use only plain MoM without flavorings, sweeteners, mineral oil, or other additives. The "active ingredient" should be only magnesium hydroxide (Mg(OH)2), 400 mg per teaspoon (5 ml), and the "inactive ingredient" should be only purified water (check the bottle's label). 41.7% by weight of magnesium hydroxide is magnesium (Mg), so 1 teaspoon of MoM has 167 mg of Mg, and 1 tablespoon (TBS) has 500 mg of Mg (1 TBS = 15 ml).

Step 3. MAKING THE CONCENTRATE: REMOVE THE BOTTLE OF CARBONATED WATER FROM THE REFRIGERATOR WITHOUT AGITATING IT. REMOVE THE CAP SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY TO MINIMIZE THE LOSS OF CO2. SLOWLY ADD THE PRE-MEASURED MoM *, THEN PROMPTLY REPLACE THE CAP. Next, shake the bottle vigorously for 15 to 30 seconds, making the liquid cloudy. After 1/2 hour or so the liquid will have cleared, and any un-dissolved Mg-hydroxide will have settled to the bottom of the bottle. Again shake the bottle vigorously for 15 to 30 seconds, making the liquid cloudy again. After several hours all of the Mg hydroxide in the MoM should have reacted with all of the CO2 to become dissolved (ionized) magnesium and bicarbonate. However, if a small amount of un-dissolved Mg hydroxide still remains in the bottom of the bottle as a sediment it may be ignored. This 1 liter of concentrated magnesium bicarbonate water will have ~1,500 mg of magnesium and ~7,500 mg of bicarbonate, at pH ~8.3. This concentrate must be diluted per Step 4 to become drinkable "WW".

* It's a good idea to pour out a small amount of the carbonated water before adding the Mom, allowing room for the MoM and preventing 'boil over".

Step 4. TO MAKE DRINKABLE WW DILUTE THIS CONCENTRATE 11:1. Measure and transfer 1/3 liter of the concentrate (333 ml) into a suitable container. Add 3 2/3 liters (a bit less than 4 quarts) of plain, preferably purified water. Or, prepare a single glassful of WW by adding 11 ounces of water to 1 ounce of the concentrate. This drinkable water will have ~125 mg of Mg and ~625 mg of bicarbonate, pH ~8.3. Other dilutions of the concentrate may of course be made, if so desired.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: These instructions and recommendations do not constitute a claim of health benefits from consuming this water. The maker and consumer of this water assumes full responsibility for understanding and complying with these instructions and recommendations.

GENERAL INFORMATION and RECOMMENDED READING:

-- WW is intended to be a simple and economical replication of the characteristics of "Unique Water", developed and patented by Dr. Russell Beckett, B.V.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D., an Australian biochemist-pathologist and research scientist. "Unique Water" is manufactured and available only in Australia. It has 125 mg of Mg and 650 mg of bicarbonate per liter, pH 8.3. See [www.nonpharmaceutical.com]
The term "magnesium bicarbonate" is used universally to describe the mixture of magnesium cations and bicarbonate anions found in spring waters and mineral waters. Read the story behind "Unique Water" at [www.smh.com.au]

-- WW is also comparable to "Noah's California Spring Water", a bottled, naturally occurring water from Adobe Springs in California. It has 120 mg of Mg and 410 mg of bicarbonate per liter, pH 8.3 -- see [www.noahs7up.com] for ordering and information. It is derived from Adobe Springs in California -- see [www.mgwater.com]

-- WW has a very mild, slightly sweet flavor, as is typical of naturally occurring magnesium/bicarbonate spring waters, such as "Noah's California Spring Water".

-- This slightly alkaline magnesium/bicarbonate water should be consumed throughout the day. Anyone not in the habit of drinking much water should begin by consuming small daily amounts, and gradually increase to the ideal consumption of 2 liters of water per day. See also the recommendations in the instructions for "Unique Water" at [www.nonpharmaceutical.com]

-- Magnesium dissolved in water (ionized), as in WW, is considerably more "bio-available" than is magnesium in solid tablets or capsules.

-- Recommended reading: Information and recommendations pertaining to "Unique Water" pertain in general to WW as well. The consumer of WW produced from these instructions is encouraged to read the literature of "Non Pharmaceutical Health Care and Unique Water" beginning at [www.nonpharmaceutical.com].

Also recommended is "The Magnesium Web Site -- Magnesium, Drinking water, & Health" at [www.mgwater.com]
David S
October 06, 2003 09:08AM
Hi Martin,

I am making WW from Pharmaceutical grade Magnesium Hydroxide
Powder, since October 02. I like a few others in Australia could not
find “pure” Mg in MOM form.

I had my WW tested and it was about 180 ml. At the time lt. But I have
reduced it to 125/150 ml. lt. I consume three to four of the 600 ml
bottles of WW a day to keep me hydrated. I also take 400 mg. Mg.
Solgars Citrate gives me 700 mg. Mg. a day.

I use the UW bottles as they have 100 marks on them for measuring
out the concentrated mix of Co2/Mg. If you like I can send the info
I have via email. My email is: dascmar@acenet.net.au I am in Brisbane.

I have had good success with Mg. so far. I tend to reduce my intake
at times and get a bit slack with my diet but am sloooowly getting back
to normal NSR (I have been getting LAF early am for an hour or so
the last few weeks, but there has been a reason or two!)

Stay well, David S valf, 66 yy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login