Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Documented AF of few seconds duration anyone?

Posted by Mike F. V42 
Mike F. V42
Documented AF of few seconds duration anyone?
December 16, 2003 05:16AM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone out there has had DOCUMENTED/DIAGNOSED AF episodes of a fleeting nature - i.e. just a few seconds long. Please let me know if you have.

Seasonal best wishes and NSR to all.

Mike F.
Glenn Camp
Re: Documented AF of few seconds duration anyone?
December 16, 2003 06:53AM
Mine have been documented on thirty day monitor.
debbie
December 16, 2003 08:44AM
yep same here. I can feel them and they were picked up on event monitor.
what were the recommendations for you?
will
December 16, 2003 12:43PM
No, but my cardio's nurse said, over the phone, "You may be going in and out of fibrillation".
Jerry
December 16, 2003 05:06PM
My original diagnosis was based on a Holter capture of a few seconds of AF.
Mike F. V42
December 16, 2003 07:05PM
Guys, thanks for the responses. I'm sure I get such little flurries of AF a few times a week. Never documented but I am able to make a direct comparison between such episodes and my 5 diagnosed longer episodes (hrs not secs) of the last 4 years. I've been getting the short ones for nearly 10 years at least that I know of. I wonder if all AFrs get such episodes?? Or just a particular subset??

It might be revealing/interesting if those of us getting short such episodes could correlate our experiences to see if anything interesting turns up as regards our longer episode frequency......... maybe those of us who get the shorter episodes get relatively fewer of the longer ones...... quite a lot of ectopic activity to precipitate the short episodes, but only infrequently accompanied by the requisite sufficiently shortened EARP and increased dispersion of the same............

Mike F.
Janet
December 17, 2003 05:22AM
After three AF episodes of several hours between February and June last year I have since had about five episodes of just a minute or two - I have been feeling lucky they didn't develop, but have no idea why - the only thing I feel I have to do when one starts ( apart from panic!) is bring up wind and push down on my stomach. My episodes are always during the day and with a rapid heartbeat. Anyway I am just thanking God when an episode ends so quickly, but wonder how the body sometimes manages to abort it and other times not.
lorraine
December 17, 2003 07:55AM
For what it's worth I know of someone who only has episodes several seconds in length - and they occur almost every day.

Lorraine
JRBabb
December 17, 2003 02:17PM
Probably files 20 ft deep on that type of Af.

Babb
kestra
December 18, 2003 04:57AM
I had such episodes for years before I went into my first sustained afib episode earlier this year. Doctors couldn't seem to find anything wrong with my heart, although I was told decades ago I had "functional" heart murmur, which later on wasn't detected by new doctors. I have no heart damage, but do have a slightly enlarged left atrium, xrays showed.

The episodes seemed to increase in severity and duration over the years, accompanied by dizziness and difficulty breathing. So I think I was leading up to more sustained afib long before the actual afib hit in March. The next afib was in July, and the next in September. So from four months to two months apart. I haven't had one since September, so I am coming up on three months, although I have had many palps at various times. Able to make them go away by relieving gas and bloating. I am hoping the diet and other changes I am making will get rid of it for good.

k
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login